Ladies running without a shirt?

Options

Replies

• beanymac22
    beanymac22 Posts: 47
    Options
    If women in New York can go about their business in less than a sports bra, I don't see the big deal.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    like this? fat-women-running-o.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Or this? sports-bras-191.jpg because both extremes are sure to ellicit comments. So I mean if people are saying something, and you have to ask, then maybe.....???.....:ohwell:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I don't know about you American folks, but here in Canada it's perfectly legal for women to go topless. Mind you, it's too darn cold most of the year for that to happen.
    is there topless crossfit? in canada?craigWY400.jpgTchallaHawkMelissaLongTireOverhead_th.jpg6a00e5520f455388330148c738b3e0970c-320wi
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, even if I had the body to get away with it, which I don't at the moment. But even when I did I always wore a shirt. I also don't appreciate other women flaunting their bodies in front of my husband. I'm glad our gym has rules against women working out without shirts on.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    yep, but then again i dont see why it's an issue women being topless on a city street same as a dude. and i see all kinds of guys i'd rather not see topless be topless.

was thinking the same thing. women should be allowed to be topless in the same locations men are. id imagine that initially it would cause a scene but with time it would hardly be reacted to.

They are in some states. In New York State, women are legally allowed to be topless.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/nyctap/I92_0160.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/nyregion/a-police-roll-call-reminder-women-may-go-topless.html?_r=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfreedom#New_York
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When I read the topic I thought u meant like the lady in Philadelphia walking around completely nude up top. I thought how painful would that be while running. Anyway if u r comfortable in your sports bra then to heck with the rest. Like u said u tune most things out while running, well tune those negative Nancy's out too
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    MCD~ :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou:

Your onto a winner.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.
    I am Fit tho. I also Like it when I encounter other fit woman that are in them.
    Plus this heat is crazy, My T-shirts get soaked b4 Im at the top of the Hill.
    anyone that's out jogging is "fit" by my standards! doesn't matter what you look like, I can barely jog for more than 5 minutes myself!

Whats your point?
    what was your point by adding "I am fit tho?" My point is that fit isn't a look, so if that's what you were referencing then I disagree. You don't need to look a certain way to feel comfortable running in a sports bra.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I totally run without a shirt on all the time
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, even if I had the body to get away with it, which I don't at the moment. But even when I did I always wore a shirt. I also don't appreciate other women flaunting their bodies in front of my husband. I'm glad our gym has rules against women working out without shirts on.
    you know, they're probably doing it just for your husband...not because it's more comfortable to workout in a sports bra or because they are confident with their bodies. No, I think they're obviously trying to flaunt their bodies in front of your husband! :laugh:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that someone posted this (thank you!) because I have wanted to run with just my sports bra and shorts but was wondering how people would act... they already act crazy when I wear certain running outfits but sometimes it's just so hot that a sports bra only would be perfect you know? I am so happy to see all of the support and that other gals do it :) Next time I go - I will do the same because I don't want to have a hot sticky shirt over me if I don't have to :) Thank you friends!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If I got a rock hard body which I doubt is going to happen at my age I'd do it. Why not? You aren't naked and showing your boobs! It's just like a bikini and I've gone to the beach without a bikini top when I was younger.
  • Cp731
    Options
    Yes I do.
    anyone that's out jogging is "fit" by my standards! doesn't matter what you look like, I can barely jog for more than 5 minutes myself!

Whats your point?
    what was your point by adding "I am fit tho?" My point is that fit isn't a look, so if that's what you were referencing then I disagree. You don't need to look a certain way to feel comfortable running in a sports bra.

I added it because I wanted you to follow me around like your doing with these other posters, and put your 2 cents in.
    Your not the OP.
    So mind your own business about what I add to MY commets.
    Thank you.
    tumblr_le4hatJLji1qzaam9.gif
  • MrAllia
    MrAllia Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it! I'm not very judgmental of others just critical about myself. I don't think it's inappropriate at all, in most cases.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.

Whats your point?

I added it because I wanted you to follow me around like your doing with these other posters, and put your 2 cents in.
    Your not the OP.
    Thank you.

Ouch. Burn.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Yes I do.

Whats your point?

Your not the OP.
    Thank you.

de81cc97.gif
    I didn't realize that only the OP was supposed to add to the discussion. You just didn't like what I had to say, oh well.
    But seriously, it's a message board, a discussion. If you don't want anyone to reply to what you have to say, just don't post anything, or get over it. This is immature anyways so I'm done replying to you.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Urmmmm....It is really not an issue for me. I have thought of doing it a few times when I used to run...but could not because I was in a uniform. It can be great if it is really hot out or if you are working on a sweet tan. Also, it covers around the same as a swim top...really not an big deal at all. What I find more distracting is big-chested women who DO NOT wear a sports bra. I am just waiting for one to knock themselves out with a milkbag to the face.
  • Cp731
    Options
    Yes I do.

Whats your point?

Your not the OP.
    Thank you.

de81cc97.gif
    I didn't realize that only the OP was supposed to add to the discussion. You just didn't like what I had to say, oh well.
    But seriously, it's a message board, a discussion. If you don't want anyone to reply to what you have to say, just don't post anything, or get over it. This is immature anyways so I'm done replying to you.

tumblr_l8k731eqVZ1qa0tls.gif

Perhaps You Need an attitude adjustment.
    :devil:
    :drinker:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You should wear a shirt for two reasons 1) sun protection and 2) pervert protection. I'm fairly large busted and run in the Moving Comfort Fiona which comes in lots of pretty colors but I've never seen women wear them alone. Last summer when I ran home from the park in 102 degree heat I peeled off my shirt half way up the last hill and arrived home like that. Boy, did I hear it from my husband!!
    let's be real here, there's nothing about a tshirt that makes you any safer. what's it going to do, fight off a potential attacker for you?

I'm a 32 D and wear a Moving Comfort Fiona and I have ran in just that before. I have also taken off my shirt on a hike and hiked in just that. I have no problem with it. But that's just me.

Although I burn easily so sun protection is a valid point. I have to slather sunblock on pretty heavily and as for the perverts.. I live in a pretty safe area and run/hike with the pooch. So I feel safe.