Replies

• Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Nnnnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm not too incredibly sad. He's been on for a loooong time, and I was a David Tennant girl anyway. It's kind of become the Matt Smith show lately. I love him, but he can't be the Doctor forever (that would defeat the point of Doctor Who!)
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yeah, David was my favorite....Wouldn't it be totally awesome if the writers made the "Doctor" a women!!!!!!!! Heck yeah!
  • JustDeena
    JustDeena Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Every time I start growing attached to a Doctor he regenerates! I'm sure the next one will grow on me!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I thought Chris was great,but David Tennant was MY doctor. I'm not really bothered who replaces Matt. I have to admit Matt was actually great at it as each episode wore on.

Not sure if I could take Rupert. He'll always be Ron Weasley to me. Lol
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think he should magically morph back into...

Christopher-Eccleston1.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

A girl can dream...

Yes,Yes and YES!!!!! (hand to head in a swoon)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

A girl can dream...

He's got big ears, big teeth, a long pointy nose, but OMG there is something about that man that is just HOT. :devil:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

A girl can dream...

He's got big ears, big teeth, a long pointy nose, but OMG there is something about that man that is just HOT. :devil:

Granted the ears and teeth are big and his nose is a bit pointy. Odd...I never noticed that before...

It's the eyes I think. Woof:smokin:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

A girl can dream...

Granted the ears and teeth are big and his nose is a bit pointy. Odd...I never noticed that before...

It's the eyes I think. Woof:smokin:

I got a thing for blue eyes. Fiance's are big and round and blue. Beautiful. :heart:

#9 is my Doctor.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I would love to see Rupert Grint sign on...so the Doctor can finally be a ginger.
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've heard this today, too. I get sad every time we get a new Doctor, but then I always fall in love with him eventually. I'm sure whoever is next will be great, too. Although it would be nice to see an older Doctor again, like in some of the old series. I would really be disappointed if they brought in a younger person- people keep mentioning Rupert Grint, and as much as I liked him in HP, he's like 12 years old. I thought Matt Smith was way too young to be the Doctor when he first started, but then he grew on me. I know I wouldn't be happy with a woman Doctor. As much of a feminist as I am, it just seems like the Doctor needs to be a man. However, it might be nice to see a person of color play the role.
  • Shiroi
    Shiroi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was so sad when I found out. MY FEELS. T.T
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    People keep mentioning Rupert Grint, and as much as I liked him in HP, he's like 12 years old.

Actually, back when Matt Smith started Doctor Who he was 26/27. Rupert Grint is 24 so it's not that much of a stretch. I'd rather see Matthew Lewis play the Doctor though.
  • samsara18
    samsara18 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just heard this. Not disappointed at all as I barely watched it after David Tennant left (adored him). I say if the budget stretches lets have another Scottish actor - Ewan McGregor, I think he may be too big a name for the role though. Maybe Simon Pegg. Need someone totally quirky and totally a guy who does his own thing and in his own way......x
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I miss David Tennant. Bring him back!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think Tennet had some of the greatest plot stuff, but I'm tempted to say Matt Smith is my favorite doctor. I can't imagine anyone else playing him.
    Doesn't a Timelord only have 13 regenerations?...I know there was that thing with River, but...
    *panics*
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I just hope, whoever the new Doctor is that the writing is better. Stephen Moffat's scripts were great and slightly less so Russell T Davies, but the guy who did the last series didn't impress me, they were too formulaic and confused.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Apparently Rupert Grint and Russell Tovey are 10-1 favourites with William Hill to get the role, but there is also talk that the role could go to a woman with Helen Mirren and Olivia Colman being mentioned.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Apparently Rupert Grint and Russell Tovey are 10-1 favourites with William Hill to get the role, but there is also talk that the role could go to a woman with Helen Mirren and Olivia Colman being mentioned.

They need to give Dr. Who to a grown up this round!
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    Now if only they'd get rid of Moffat, maybe Who would actually be good again.