June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• marleybella89
    marleybella89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Count me in!

I started Day 1 yesterday, and when I saw this posting, I figured it will help me remain motivated. Day 2 down, 28 to go!!! :happy:
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My 3rd try at level 1 yesterday and with hubbys help finally made it thru the whole thing!! Just a little sore this morning. I'm super excited that I actually did it cant wait for today's workout and I think ill throw in a walk too just to help burn some calories.
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been reading about 30DS on MFP for a little while now, just got the DVD myself and started this morning - so far so good!

Bit of motivation to keep it going would be nice so count me in :)
  • AbbyH1016
    AbbyH1016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1! My legs and arms are jello! 68 days until the beach!
  • vksoileau64
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • kelsbeckins
    kelsbeckins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm doing a diet bet this month and need to lose a total of 8 pounds! I'm going to do 30DS every other day doing C25K on every rest day. I also do some additional ab and arm strength training. Good luck everyone!!

CW - 192
    GW - 150
    UGW - 135

I don't have measurements because I don't have a tape measure!
  • kelsbeckins
    kelsbeckins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tips for how to count calories for the 30DS? I've been putting in circuit training but I'm not sure that it's accurate!
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will do this! I'm new to myfitnesspal and usually do biking as exercise, so I'm sure the extra motivation from others will be good for me

My height is 6ft
    CW: 70kg (about 155lbs)
    GW: 63kg (about 140lbs)

I don't have a tape measure but I will buy one to help me see positive results (hopefully). I'm just about to do my first workout on level 1.

I was also wondering what kind of food you should eat during the 30 day shred? Should you be on a strict diet as well?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Big WELCOME to all the new friends who have joined our group! Whether you started yesterday, a few days ago or will be starting tomorrow....the key here is JUST DO IT!

I started this because I have a tendency to do a lot of starting but not a lot of finishing! I want to change that.

A few asked about food...I'm not doing anything special. I already eat pretty clean but I'm trying to cut out wheat, sugar, and dairy (hardest for me cuz greek yogurt w stevia was my dessert) as much as possible! Again - it's just testing myself for 30 days. I don't believe in cutting anything out forever because life is too short and it's just not realistic. BUT - demonstrating to myself that I have the DISCIPLINE and WILLPOWER to stick to something for 30 days...well...let's just say it's a 40th birthday present I want to give myself!

DAY 2 = DONE!

Also started the 30 day squat challenge yesterday and I did day 2 of that as well.

28 days to go!!!!

BTW...I'm listening to some great motivational speakers online at the Hay House Summit (free from June 1-10) if anyone is interested...here is the link: http://www.hayhouseworldsummit.com/home-registered/

IMPORTANT: to each I want to express my GRATITUDE for joining me here so we can motivate each other! It's a big deal to me and I appreciate you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jebo1982
    jebo1982 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am starting today.

I'm getting married in October so I need to get my butt into gear.

Feel free to add me.
  • Promethea79
    Promethea79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok i'm in (though a day late). 5'8" 235lbs.
    Have a good week! ttyl!
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. I also started the 30 day squat challenge. I am sore. I do hope It gets better. Is anyone going to take a rest day or keep going until the 30 days are done?
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Promised myself I would start the 30 Day Shred June 1st. It is now 12:30am. I don't feel like doing it but I`m going to get my hiney up and do it. If I keep putting it off I will never start it. Good Luck everyone. Keep up the Awesome work. Make sure to take pictures and measurements so you can compare then in 30 days. Bring it on Jillian.... :)

DID YOU DO IT????
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Day 2 done. I also started the 30 day squat challenge. I am sore. I do hope It gets better. Is anyone going to take a rest day or keep going until the 30 days are done?

Nice! Squat challenge has rest days so I'll follow the chart.

As far as shred...my goal is to do it every day. I can see that my legs are tired from squatting but I'm going to do my best to push thru it!
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    I will do this! I'm new to myfitnesspal and usually do biking as exercise, so I'm sure the extra motivation from others will be good for me

My height is 6ft
    CW: 70kg (about 155lbs)
    GW: 63kg (about 140lbs)

I don't have a tape measure but I will buy one to help me see positive results (hopefully). I'm just about to do my first workout on level 1.

I was also wondering what kind of food you should eat during the 30 day shred? Should you be on a strict diet as well?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Welcome!

How was the first workout?

Not doing a strict diet. Just trying to eat clean. I have my macros set to 40 protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat. trying to avoid wheat, sugar and dairy :) Good luck!
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    I will start today!!! i need motivation to do it EVERYDAY..

DID YOU DO IT?!

Let's get it done!!!!!
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    CurvaciousBeautyToBe Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If Jillian Micheals was less annoying, I would totally be in! Sadly that is not the case. :(
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Did it three months ago, felt so much stronger. I'm currently doing a 90 day program which I'm enjoying. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone. Level 2 was my favorite out of the levels.

When i did it someone posted the link to the food: http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

I didn't follow the food but still lost a good amount of inches and whatnot
  • ms510
    ms510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm game..I'm going buy it now..I can start in the morning
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If Jillian Micheals was less annoying, I would totally be in! Sadly that is not the case. :(

LOL...I totally think this time around since I'm used to the workouts I'm muting her and listening to my music. It definitely gets old hearing

"Your neck is not invited to this party"
    "No breaks! If you want to do a 20 min workout, you do a 20 min workout"
    "I have 400 lb people who can do jumping jacks, so can you"
    "DON'T PHONE THIS IN!"
    "I want you gargling your heart by the end of this"

ugh...gotta love it. :laugh:

Level 3 is my favorite btw....so for the next 20 days my motivation is to get to Level 3 again...