What was your very first car?

Options

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    1973 Volkswagon Bug - Bright Yellow. loved that car.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    1996 Pontiac Sunfire, red & new. I thought I was hot stuff.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    1981 Chevy Citation- my parents bought it for me when I was in nursing school. They bought it from a guy who lived down the shreet- his father drove it - he passed away- it had hardly any miles on it when I got it in 1985. It was practically brand new. It was a good car. Too bad I totaled it a year later!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    1975 Plymouth Duster. Bought it with my last paycheck before I joined the Navy, and it's the reason I met my wife :bigsmile:
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1970 Datsun 240Z -- purchased used around 1979.
  • Jess1caLe
    Jess1caLe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1979 Datsun 510 coupe. Sky blue, no running AC or power steering. It was amazing. I LOVED that car.
  • dearly4ever
    dearly4ever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    88 white toyota corolla
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    1981 Green Chevy Malibu. I bought it from my church, it was driven by the nun at the church and when she got reassigned to the Vatican, the church sold it.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    '72 Plymouth Satellite

Lots of HS back seat action in that car. I still miss it.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    1981 Green Chevy Malibu. I bought it from my church, it was driven by the nun at the church and when she got reassigned to the Vatican, the church sold it.

Now THAT is an interesting car story!:happy:
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Mine was a baby blue 1991 Buick Park Avenue. No radio, No AC but it had a nice big bench seat in the front where we could fit 3 people and 4 in the back lol
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    1977 Plymouth Gran Fury - biggest piece of junk Chrysler ever made. Grandfather bought it new, parents bought it off him and it went to the junk yard in 1990 with less than 78,000 miles on it.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    1981 Chevy Citation- my parents bought it for me when I was in nursing school. They bought it from a guy who lived down the shreet- his father drove it - he passed away- it had hardly any miles on it when I got it in 1985. It was practically brand new. It was a good car. Too bad I totaled it a year later!

Yep, I got my first car in nursing school too.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Mine was a 1986 GMC Sierra Classic. One of the last all steel bodied trucks.
    It had a big 350 in it, but was geared for towing. So, needless to say it was slow.

I saved up my money and got a paint job on it about a year later.

She was a great truck, with plenty of character.

Sometimes when Id make a 90 degree left turn she would just shut off.. that was always fun.
    Trying to turn a big *kitten* like that with no power steering was not the easiest thing. But it made for some fun stories.

Ahhh... memories.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    1966 Plymouth Valiant 4 door with a 170 slant 6 engine.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    A 1963 Ford Galaxy 500

Varooom, Varooom!!
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1986 Ford Thunderbird nick named the Millennium Falcon.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    1976 MonteCarlo
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mine was this one

03150200.jpg

Years after I had a Pontiac Grand Am '98
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    1990 Holden Barina (rebadged Suzuki Swift), it used to stop in the middle of a busy road for no apparent reason. I took it to a few mechanics but a bush mechanic was the only one who worked out the motor was missing a hose, he fixed it and it worked a treat. I then bought a 1999 Proton Satria. Got into a family sedan after that, 2004 Holden Commodore S, then my current car 2008 Toyota Rav4 CV6 which craps all over anything I've ever owned. It's a dangerously fast little beast for a compact SUV! Hubby wants to buy a 2010/2011 Toyota Prado wagon within the year, not sure where his money tree is growing!

(I think only Aussie's will understand the car names, sorry everyone else!)