Getting too carried away with the weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Karleh
    Karleh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The question is how tall are you? You do look very slender in the face. Having said that, don't lose anymore weight! Take care.

William:smile:

I'm 5 foot 8 and 64 Kg
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people get jealous and try to bring you down. You look fine! Don't worry about it, you should be really proud of yourself.
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Haters.

You look great in all your photos, actually. The final outcome is probably your true body frame - are your family members slender as well? If you want to bulk up, do some weight training, if that's what YOU want to do, but NEVER convince yourself you need to change you physical appearance to make OTHER people happy when you are feeling good in your own skin. As they say, "do you" and pay no mind to the naysayers. You have made a great accomplishment and be proud!
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am staying at my current weight, I think I look fine but keep getting loads of ***** comments in work and from "friends" calling me anorexic or that I have body dysmorphia. It is really starting to get me down as I was so proud of what I lost and am so much happier in myself and much more confident, but even my girlfriend has gone from being supportive to now start saying i have lost too much and she preferred me when I was obese so I am starting to think maybe I have gone too far :\
    in my opinion you look great, congratulation on your success. keep it up. you are within healthy BMI and you should not loose anymore though, may be gain some extra muscle if you want to improve more so that it will be easy to maintain the wt loss.. If you feel good and energetic then you know you are on right track. Your GF should love you regardless of your size.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. At first I thought maybe something was not quite right because of your hair, but I see you mentioned that it was due to a medication, so .....you're fine. And someone mentioned that you look like you could be Johnny Depp's little brother. I thought "yeah, I can see that."
  • bjkalb
    bjkalb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG! Ppl sometimes piss me off! YOU LOOK GREAT! Some of your friends are prob just used to you being chubby so it is shocking to see you lean. Others, I'm sure, are jealous. Ppl try hard to lose and get frustrated when it doesn't happen. Keep up the great work. Good luck in maintaining. Do not let your confidence slide. Stay healthy!
    I'm at a 35 pound weight loss in 21 weeks and still losing. It is slow but I'm starting to get comments that I need therapy if I think I need to lose more. Ppl tell my husband I'm going to start looking anorexic. He says he missed my fuller butt and breasts. Shocked the Hell out of me how some ppl are starting to get negative... like I'm not eating or doing it in an unhealthy way. I'm am healthier!! Reduced my total cholesterol by 83 and my doctor cut my blood pressure medicine in half.

I'll be done when I say I'm done. Kidos to us!!!!
  • gph61
    gph61 Posts: 3
    Options
    I look forward to the day I am told I look to thin! The cycling really works, I lost 25 pounds since I started riding (and paying attention to the eating)

Keep it up!
  • Karleh
    Karleh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Glad to have got this sort of response, I knew I looked alright and not too thin. My and my girlfriend ended up splitting up over the fact the new me is too different so now maybe i'll find someone who likes the new me as much as I do :P
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. Maybe your friends etc are also reacting to a change in the dynamics of your friendships as a result of your weight loss. Sometimes I think people are reacting to the fact that before you were their funny, safe joker friend, and now you're 'competition' and confident and take less nonsense from people. (clearly these are all generalizations that may be completely inapplicable to your circumstances!)

If they can't be supportive of the new healthy you, they are crap friends and you should get some new ones.
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There could be a lot of negative feedback simply because of jealousy. It's almost like the comments I get where people tell me not to waste away to nothing, or my goal weight is too thin. Only you know what's best for your body and what works for you. I personally think you look AWESOME and shouldn't let what other people say bother you. Fantastic job on your weight loss!
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    At first glance at your after picture, I might have agreed with your being to thin. However, looking at the rest of your picture your fine. I think your cheek bones make your face look thinner. You have awesome cheek bones that automatically draw attention to themselves.

Changing your life and loosing weight is hard! Most people won't take the time or dedication to make it happen. I agree with others that they are jealous. I have one person where I work that never says anything about my weight lost. Others will tell me how good I look or they wish they had my dedication, but this person only makes snide negative comments if she comments at all. My take on that is jealous! So screw them!!!

You can't please everyone, so you have to pleas yourself!
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Glad to have got this sort of response, I knew I looked alright and not too thin. My and my girlfriend ended up splitting up over the fact the new me is too different so now maybe i'll find someone who likes the new me as much as I do :P

I'm sorry to hear you and your girlfriend split. You deserve someone who will appreciate the new you..
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You know, you had really high cheekbones even when you were overweight. So of course they are going to be accentuated more when you are thin. It's just your facial structure!! The rest of your body is clearly healthy, I see no bones jutting out lol. You look healthy to me. It's today's society, the norm now is to be overweight and people's perspectives have been scewed. People nowadays don't remember what healthy looks like. When they see it, it's out of the ordinary.

I think you look great! You have done a great job.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I didn't physically see a good friend of mine for about 8 mths. He lost about 8 stone (about 112lb) in that time and the first time I saw him I thought he looked ill. He looked so thin and gaunt that I was worried about him. It took a couple of months but I got used to the new him and he just looks like him now. Just a healthy, full of energy, version of him. Its hard to see someone who has always been overweight and what you are used to seeing lose the weight. Its more the facial changes that makes the alarms go off. Cos lets face it, at larger weights faces all tend to be round, and when you lose its one of the most significant, in your face, so to speak, changes. Once you have maintained for a while this new you will just become you and people will get used to it.

Well done to you, you should be proud of yourself, I don't think you look ill. I think you look healthy, just very different from where you used to be.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think you look pretty good - definitely NOT anorexic! Some people just don't know how to be positive, or maybe they're a little jealous that you've worked your *ss off and look great! My sister has always taken care of her appearance, and she eats; she just works it off! Well, her ex-manager, who's also our cousin, would talk s**t about her all the time! Well, guess what? My cousin is pretty big-boned!!

I think you're at a good place. So...from now on...you should just work to maintain or become more defined.

Just remember that more people than not nowadays act negatively...I swear people do not know how to be positive...even when great things happen in life! The great news is...you can find positivity about your accomplishments here! :-) You can also (always) find something positive out of all negative things - you just have to search for it!

Great job! You look great and should be proud!!

*** Make your lovers proud; make your haters jealous. ***
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Dude, I just started getting the same thing. It sucks hardcore. I was at 245 lbs (111.13 kg) and I am now at 184.4 (83.6424). I want to lose 4.4 more pounds, then probably start building muscle.

I personally think you are not too skinny, nor are you anorexic, so long as you are maintaining (or potentially even wanting to gain some muscle). Don't worry about it man. Sorry about your gf, but look at it this way, if she was so vain she didn't want to be with you when you are a better, healthier version of you, she probably would have left you eventually for some equally stupid reason. :)
  • jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. Not sure if you are from the US or not but as a whole society has gotten fat. So when someone actually decided to do something about it everyone else gets jealous and starts name calling and thinks you are way to skinny. I get told by just about everyone in my family that I've lost to much weight and don't need to lose anymore. Its sad how people look at people who are in shape and take care of themselves.

Most common comments I hear from faimly and co-workers

Family
    "Your getting too skinny"
    "You need to eat more"
    "You lose any more weight and your going to blow away"
    "Are you eating enough?"

Friends don't really say much about my weight but when they find out I run....
    "I don't run, my (insert name here) hurts"
    "If you see me running, you better run too"
    "I"m to fat to run"
    "I use to run"
    "Isn't running bad for your knees?"
    "I don't have time to lose weight"

Just to name a few....
  • jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dude, I just started getting the same thing. It sucks hardcore. I was at 245 lbs (111.13 kg) and I am now at 184.4 (83.6424). I want to lose 4.4 more pounds, then probably start building muscle.

I personally think you are not too skinny, nor are you anorexic, so long as you are maintaining (or potentially even wanting to gain some muscle). Don't worry about it man. Sorry about your gf, but look at it this way, if she was so vain she didn't want to be with you when you are a better, healthier version of you, she probably would have left you eventually for some equally stupid reason. :)

Can I please ask how tall are you? I started at exactly the same weight and want to get down to exactly the same weight. I'm 6'3"
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options

you deserve way better than her! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!