I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    OP, did a clean eater kill your family or something? I really don't see a lot of clean eaters (whatever that definition may be) starting threads/directly confronting those who eat whatever, but I do see a lot of the other way around.

Clean Eaters = Zombies on the man hunt to destroy all junk food.

I hear brains are a whole food.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

IAViE5Y.gif

Cat-gif-cats-15443736-250-188.gif
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    OP, did a clean eater kill your family or something? I really don't see a lot of clean eaters (whatever that definition may be) starting threads/directly confronting those who eat whatever, but I do see a lot of the other way around.

yes, as a matter of fact they did.

My condolences.

A raptor offering condolences to someone's family getting eaten? What is the world coming to.

Well, as a clean eating raptor, I have a lot of meals to apologize for and to.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I consider it clean if it is organic and free from ingredients I can't pronounce. Everyone has their own definition of "clean eating". But it doesn't stop me from eating pizza, chips, cookies, and ice cream or a burger - I just don't go to Burger King and get their version because it would literally make me sick. I don't dog the next person that does go get a Whopper meal though, if that's what they want to eat, then eat it.

Some people want to rebel so hard against eating healthy they take it to the extreme and brag about eating fast food. Who cares? If it works for you why trash what other people enjoy doing? Different things obviously work for different people.

SO, the higher your education level, the more you can eat? I took a lot of organic chemistry classes, and can pronounce everythign in the ingredients list on most labels. I can eat anything and it is clean?
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

IAViE5Y.gif

Cat-gif-cats-15443736-250-188.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9741-1366147282-14.gif
  • sixout
    Options

My condolences.

A raptor offering condolences to someone's family getting eaten? What is the world coming to.

Did you eat littlefoot?
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am eating clean... I washed every one of my strawberries before I dunked them right into the tub of lite whipped cream. I will also make sure to grab a clean spoon when I finish off the whipped cream :-)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

My condolences.

Did you eat littlefoot?

that would be a negatory.

Raptors lived in the Cretateous whereas Little foot's species went extinct long before that...
  • vivian1616
    vivian1616 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If I forced myself to eat clean, I would be a binger.

I need to be allowed to drink my coffee with cream and sugar, and have pizza, and the occasional bowl of ice cream. If I need to grab a quick burger - I need the freedom to do that.

I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

When I force myself to eat "properly" I become a miserable cranky person who is much more inclined to eat an entire bag of doritos with salsa and sour cream.

When I allow myself to have some treats, I am much happier, and it works better for me.

If you are a clean eater, and happy - great job! But I don't feel it is the only way to achieve success.

p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

Mirey, you are my hero.
  • sixout
    Options

My condolences.

Did you eat littlefoot?

that would be a negatory.

Raptors lived in the Cretateous whereas Little foot's species went extinct long before that...

Actually, the brontosaurus never even existed, Sad day. :(
  • sixout
    Options
    Maybe I'm looking more than you but I see plenty of comments on here about the toxins in modern, processed, satanic foodstuffs.

Did anyone notice that he called food satanic here?
  • MissKais0912
    Options
    exerise is key, you can eat what you like, just exersise!!! :)
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I consider it clean if it is organic and free from ingredients I can't pronounce. Everyone has their own definition of "clean eating". But it doesn't stop me from eating pizza, chips, cookies, and ice cream or a burger - I just don't go to Burger King and get their version because it would literally make me sick. I don't dog the next person that does go get a Whopper meal though, if that's what they want to eat, then eat it.

Some people want to rebel so hard against eating healthy they take it to the extreme and brag about eating fast food. Who cares? If it works for you why trash what other people enjoy doing? Different things obviously work for different people.

SO, the higher your education level, the more you can eat? I took a lot of organic chemistry classes, and can pronounce everythign in the ingredients list on most labels. I can eat anything and it is clean?
    Super original, someone else already went that angle. Look for whatever loopholes you need to if that makes you feel good about what you eat. I didn't say my definition of clean eating was the end all be all definition. I said "I consider it clean if".

Or, instead of focusing on one aspect of my reply read the entire thing. I also stated "it doesn't stop me from eating pizza, chips, cookies, and ice cream or a burger - I just don't go to Burger King and get their version because it would literally make me sick. I don't dog the next person that does go get a Whopper meal though, if that's what they want to eat, then eat it."
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I need to be allowed to drink my coffee with cream and sugar, and have pizza, and the occasional bowl of ice cream. If I need to grab a quick burger - I need the freedom to do that.

I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

When I force myself to eat "properly" I become a miserable cranky person who is much more inclined to eat an entire bag of doritos with salsa and sour cream.

When I allow myself to have some treats, I am much happier, and it works better for me.

If you are a clean eater, and happy - great job! But I don't feel it is the only way to achieve success.

p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

You are my hero!!! And I agree with everything you have said here. Of course you need to eat properly most of the time, for your health and for your fitness goals. However, I am the same way!! If I am not "allowed" to eat certain foods, guess what foods I end up chowing on late at night when no one is looking!! When I allow myself to eat ONE serving of cookies, ONE serving of Icecream, it makes me such a happier person. Many times, I choose the yogurt instead of the icecream, but just knowing that I can is a relief and helps me in the long run. I am no where near the body you have achieved girl, but I am getting there!! And I have lost 20 lbs by eating what I want and exercising regularly. Nothing against the "clean eaters", it is just not for me!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    There are food additives in our food supply that should not be allowed (potassium bromate, high fructose corn syrup, food dyes, gmos, etc.) Keeping blinders on isn't the answer. We have toxins in our food supply and 80% of cancers are linked to environmental toxins. As a mother I especially feel the need to provide my kids with whole foods that are primarily clean. I don't find that stupid.

Cite sources. That's a bold statement ma'am.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

16124725_8925.jpg

You are my hero!!! And I agree with everything you have said here. Of course you need to eat properly most of the time, for your health and for your fitness goals. However, I am the same way!! If I am not "allowed" to eat certain foods, guess what foods I end up chowing on late at night when no one is looking!! When I allow myself to eat ONE serving of cookies, ONE serving of Icecream, it makes me such a happier person. Many times, I choose the yogurt instead of the icecream, but just knowing that I can is a relief and helps me in the long run. I am no where near the body you have achieved girl, but I am getting there!! And I have lost 20 lbs by eating what I want and exercising regularly. Nothing against the "clean eaters", it is just not for me!

thank you so much for the kind words - I agree wholeheartedly with you!

This isn't about that fast loss and perfect body. Go slow, make adjustments, and you'll find yourself living a life that is manageable, instead of being in shock and trying to stick to this crazy plan.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    But gi index?
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If your gonna post a gif of Homey Da Clown use the animated one!!

tumblr_ltumkqU1X61qdlcfjo1_400.gif

I think thats bleached / processed white flour in there. Totally dirty. Baaaaaaaad Homie

I don't even care about the post I just really love this gif hahaha
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just try to eat more of this...

vitamin-meyve-sebze-bitki.jpg

and less of this...

326.jpg

While still occasionally having something like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT154T3ioVtiK_1n_hw_6Uom1u0v5okk_KnWxOXGqGKvYu2zz2UVA

or this...

58302.jpg

Because I do a lot of this...

weight-lifting-and-weight-c.jpg

and this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRep3_8vd5iyqJuyp_ZVBZ6IxMjyXlx0Aw4D2MAEC1U_k4as2pYkg

And much less of this than I used to...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvPoNxwyxPgvQMFKTvVFqw0LP5VmKCg_XjSdGZK4ToJO43juk-
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal - where dogmatists believe that eating junk food in moderation will always be incontrovertibly better than making generally better, consistent, natural food choices.

So eating unhealthy food in moderation is worse than eating healthy food...in moderation?

non sequitur

That's exactly what the poster was saying about the post that is quoted. It is a non sequitur. That's where that question mark comes into play.