I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal - where dogmatists believe that eating junk food in moderation will always be incontrovertibly better than making generally better, consistent, natural food choices.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    ^^ 9.99/10 Would bang and then share a pizza with....

bzzzzzz. WRONG ANSWER. mirey is a 10/10. dose abs!

Both wrong.

1/1

It's binary. Would bang/wouldn't bang
  • Summerxx13
    Summerxx13 Posts: 22
    Options
    My brother was a professional martial arts fighter. Sure he'd eat healthy when they forced him to, but otherwise all he ate was junk food. Chips, sugary cereal, pizza, mac and cheese, brownies, all junk. The guy barely knew how to cook for himself as it was. When you looked at him, he looked very fit. Six pack, muscle everywhere, and his weight was low because he was constantly working out. It still had an effect on him. For a long time his diet was high in sodium from all the junk food. His BP is high now, he complains all the time that his hair is dry and falling out, he's been to the dermatologist twice because he's always breaking out, and now that he's not fighting anymore and burning off the high calories his cholesterol is high. And the guy is only 25. He has so many bad eating habits and now that he's not exercising every day his health is going down the drain.

Here's another thing. Bad habits are hard to break. You think it's ok to eat whatever you want as long as you burn off the calories. What happens once you're older? Injured? Can't work out? You'll be stuck with the bad habits and all you'll want to eat is junk food. The point of a diet isn't just to lose weight, it's to become healthier. To gain better eating and exercising habits. That's what being healthy is all about, eating right and exercising. Being healthy isn't about carefully formulated plans where one number goes in and another number comes out. Really, if we all just ate healthy foods and exercised we shouldn't need to track everything and carefully plan how we diet. Your body is like a car. If you put the crappy gas in, it's not going to perform as well as the high quality stuff. Sure you'll get by, and the car will run, but it could be running better.

I'm not going to tell you how to eat or how to live your life. It's your choice. I just don't agree with the statement that clean eating is stupid.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal - where dogmatists believe that eating junk food in moderation will always be incontrovertibly better than making generally better, consistent, natural food choices.

So eating unhealthy food in moderation is worse than eating healthy food...in moderation?
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    rice is rice. it's not clean or dirty. it's just rice. i don't need to check with somebody before having rice with dinner to see if it's allowed or not.

But dirty rice is so much better

Dulac Dirty Rice

This Creole dish has it all. It gets color from the bell peppers, crunch from the pecans, sweetness from the raisins and savoriness from the bacon.

Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
    1 pound ground beef
    2 1/2 cups water
    1 package ZATARAIN'S® Dirty Rice Mix, Original
    2 tablespoons butter, divided
    1/4 cup pecan pieces
    1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
    1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions

Directions
    1. Cook ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain fat; set aside. Add water to same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix and ground beef; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
    2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to rice mixture.
    3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add bell peppers and raisins; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add to rice mixture; stir until well mixed. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions before serving.

Nutritional Info per 1 serving

Calories: 323 Sodium: 734

Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 31

Cholesterol: 51 Fiber: 2

Protein: 16
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

So eating unhealthy food in moderation is worse than eating healthy food...in moderation?

Yes.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

non sequitur
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

And I truly believe that people who think the evil toxinz in processed food cause cancer are stupid. It's a difference of opinions.

If you boil everything down as such it will always be a difference of opinion and not an attack.

I personally don't think someone saying I'll get cancer eating the way I do is an attack, because I don't care and didn't feel threatened by the comment. However, to the extent that 'calling out clean-eaters' with a thread where you state your opinion that it's silly and that the people preaching it are misinformed constitutes an attack, so does the other.

Your choice.

"If you boil everything down as such it will always be a difference of opinion and not an attack."---- pretty much- but I was trying to point out the hypocricy of the OP's post... acting as if Clean eater's "attack" everyone, while he is, indeed, doing the "attacking."
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I think dieting is like religion. There are some who are obsessed...some who do the best they can and ask forgiveness for the rest...and some who are devoid of any leanings whatsoever. The smart ones are the people who can learn something from every religion/diet, and apply that to their own lives...and leave everyone else alone to do the same.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

strawman argument is strawman.

here's what we actually believe.

if you eat a nutritious diet with sufficient dietary macro and micro intake, then the combination of foods from which you get that nutrition is irrelevant (assuming you don't have food allergies).

i just wrote that definition off the top of my head, but i'm fairly confident that 99% of the people on this site who follow an IIFYM approach would co-sign that definition.

i challenge you to come up with a definition of clean eating that you can get 99% of self-professed clean eaters to co-sign as the definition that they follow.

i'll be waiting..........
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

go tell these people that eating clean and being paranoid about their food choices is how they should spend the rest of their lives.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1008739-i-eat-away-my-progress-on-the-weekends

clean eating is a silly concept that leads to all sorts of problems for all sorts of people. i hate to see anybody feel guilty or shame over their food choices. the proponents of clean eating completely ignore these consequences. however, on MFP anyone with their eyes open can see these consequences on a daily basis.

rice is rice. it's not clean or dirty. it's just rice. i don't need to check with somebody before having rice with dinner to see if it's allowed or not. same thing with ice cream or bananas or tuna fish or whatever. i say, focus on the nutritional content of the food and not some ridiculous notion about whether or not the food came straight from the fields or a stream versus a processing plant somewhere.

But I prefer dirty rice over plain rice....

7grainricecasserole.jpg

Edited to declutter
  • Carnivor0us
    Options
    OP, did a clean eater kill your family or something? I really don't see a lot of clean eaters (whatever that definition may be) starting threads/directly confronting those who eat whatever, but I do see a lot of the other way around.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The smart ones are the people who can learn something from every religion/diet, and apply that to their own lives...and leave everyone else alone to do the same.

Dietary nirvana.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options

non sequitur

The fact that people eating junk food in moderation can also make generally better, consistent, natural food choices at the same time? Why yes, I agree.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    interesting.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    OP, did a clean eater kill your family or something? I really don't see a lot of clean eaters (whatever that definition may be) starting threads/directly confronting those who eat whatever, but I do see a lot of the other way around.

yes, as a matter of fact they did.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

My condolences.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

Clean Eaters = Zombies on the man hunt to destroy all junk food.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    "If you boil everything down as such it will always be a difference of opinion and not an attack."---- pretty much- but I was trying to point out the hypocricy of the OP's post... acting as if Clean eater's "attack" everyone, while he is, indeed, doing the "attacking."

That's fair, I see it more as calling into question beliefs the OP finds to be erroneous and stating that an (arguably) easier paradigm exists for people interested.

A difference of opinions.
    Maybe I'm looking more than you but I see plenty of comments on here about the toxins in modern, processed, satanic foodstuffs.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

My condolences.

A raptor offering condolences to someone's family getting eaten? What is the world coming to.