I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    If someone used the reasoning that food from scratch is cheaper and often tastes better, it would be an argument I can get on board with.

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    your body is like a car! if you don't take care of it, it will fall apart!!!!! Maintenance-maintenance-maintenance!!! come on keep eating the way you are and you'lll be wishing you had of been one to get hooked on that so called "fad" you said. It's common sense!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with my success... I just don't want to eat foods processed in a lab.... our bodies are NOT meant to process that crap!!

Just an example.... did you know that Pringles contain one of the SAME chemicals they use to perm hair?? Yep... you eat perm.... (along with 12 other additives created in a lab)

OH and doritios contain Red #40.... and Red #40 uses a type of bat poop to get it's color... yep... bat poop....
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If someone used the reasoning that food from scratch is cheaper and often tastes better, it would be an argument I can get on board with.

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Just wait til I post my pasta sauce and canning recipes!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

Not sure the OP understands what "eating clean" actually means. :huh:

OP is not sure anyone understands what "eating clean" actually means.

I'd suggest all the clean eaters draft and post their own specific definitions of what "clean eating" means. I'd love to watch that discussion. Better in another thread though as I suspect there are as many definitions as clean eaters.

just make your own stuff it tastes better than store bought any ways I hate store bought pies and cookies blah

That's an interesting definition. Anyone want to elaborate on that?

What if the pumpkin pie was made fresh in the store's bakery? Is that better than the Mrs. Smith's in the freezer section? Or are they both "unclean"?

Does pumpkin pie made at home out of a can and with a store bought crust qualify?

Is it okay if you buy the flour, pumpkins and milk at the store and put it together at home?

What about the sugar? Is white sugar okay?

And white flour. Is white flour clean?

Does one need to grow their own pumpkins, milk their own cow, and grow and grind their own grain?

Wait! Is flour itself clean? Or is wheat not clean because it has to be milled?

Are non-organic pumpkins okay?

Is milk itself okay? If milk is okay does it need to be from organic fed cows with no hormones?

Trust me I use to work for Mrs. Smith's pie factory it was not a pretty place. I don't use flour or milk farmers markets are a great place to start and you are being a bit over the top eh? Most people just do their bests :flowerforyou: You like to argue don't you :bigsmile:

So because you want to use a word that you cannot define, you say that the factory that makes Mrs. Smith's pies is not a pretty place and I like to argue? Is there a relevant point in there?

Work on the definition because that is exactly the point.

Oh, and as for Mrs. Smith's pies, I haven't eaten one in years. My wife's cooking tastes better than pretty much anything else out there. As a result, we eat homemade food quite often.
  • whierd
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with my success... I just don't want to eat foods processed in a lab.... our bodies are NOT meant to process that crap!!

Just an example.... did you know that Pringles contain one of the SAME chemicals they use to perm hair?? Yep... you eat perm.... (along with 12 other additives created in a lab)

OH and doritios contain Red #40.... and Red #40 uses a type of bat poop to get it's color... yep... bat poop....

There are so many things wrong with this post that I do not know where to begin.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

I'd suggest all the clean eaters draft and post their own specific definitions of what "clean eating" means. I'd love to watch that discussion. Better in another thread though as I suspect there are as many definitions as clean eaters.

just make your own stuff it tastes better than store bought any ways I hate store bought pies and cookies blah

What if the pumpkin pie was made fresh in the store's bakery? Is that better than the Mrs. Smith's in the freezer section? Or are they both "unclean"? Nah.

Does pumpkin pie made at home out of a can and with a store bought crust qualify? You can make your own

Is it okay if you buy the flour, pumpkins and milk at the store and put it together at home? why not do it at home

What about the sugar? Is white sugar okay? truvia

And white flour. Is white flour clean? Brown Rice flower

Does one need to grow their own pumpkins, milk their own cow, and grow and grind their own grain? almond milk is good, find grains and pumkins at farmers markets

Wait! Is flour itself clean? Or is wheat not clean because it has to be milled? its just as easy to by coconut flour as it is regular flour.

Are non-organic pumpkins okay?yep... because you don't eat the outside.

Is milk itself okay? If milk is okay does it need to be from organic fed cows with no hormones? almond milk bro!

See answers above.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

LOL No lie- I never tell people that I eat clean, because I have no clue where people draw the line. All of my groceries are normally organic and I make most things from scratch cause I like to feel like Suzy Homemaker. If I want pizza, I make it using organic ingredients, pie... cookies... fresh bread in my breadmaker anything really... and I eat like that if it fits in my macros.

this reminds me of the people who claim that they hate TV and never watch it, but only have a TV set in their house for the few times a year they want to watch something on PBS. i call shenanigans on this whole mindset that organic is better than non organic. everything you eat is organic (at least i can't think of any food that isn't, or it wouldn't be food). a bunch of hippies can't come along and steal the meaning of that word just to make a few extra bucks selling their tomatoes or spaghetti made from hemp. same thing with making everything from scratch... or having your own breadmaker... or whatever. it all smacks of some sort of elitism being applied to food... that what's in your food or how/where/when its made somehow can make one food better than another.
  • whierd
    Options
    your body is like a car! if you don't take care of it, it will fall apart!!!!! Maintenance-maintenance-maintenance!!! come on keep eating the way you are and you'lll be wishing you had of been one to get hooked on that so called "fad" you said. It's common sense!

Except that the American lifespan has steadily increased since "processed, unclean foods" have become popular.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

What if the pumpkin pie was made fresh in the store's bakery? Is that better than the Mrs. Smith's in the freezer section? Or are they both "unclean"?

Does pumpkin pie made at home out of a can and with a store bought crust qualify?

Is it okay if you buy the flour, pumpkins and milk at the store and put it together at home?

What about the sugar? Is white sugar okay?

And white flour. Is white flour clean?

Does one need to grow their own pumpkins, milk their own cow, and grow and grind their own grain?

Wait! Is flour itself clean? Or is wheat not clean because it has to be milled?

Are non-organic pumpkins okay?

Is milk itself okay? If milk is okay does it need to be from organic fed cows with no hormones?

Trust me I use to work for Mrs. Smith's pie factory it was not a pretty place. I don't use flour or milk farmers markets are a great place to start and you are being a bit over the top eh? Most people just do their bests :flowerforyou: You like to argue don't you :bigsmile:

So because you want to use a word that you cannot define, you say that the factory that makes Mrs. Smith's pies is not a pretty place and I like to argue? Is there a relevant point in there?

Work on the definition because that is exactly the point.

Oh, and as for Mrs. Smith's pies, I haven't eaten one in years. My wife's cooking tastes better than pretty much anything else out there. As a result, we eat homemade food quite often.
    lol you sir are a funny man
  • junejadesky
    Options

There are so many things wrong with this post that I do not know where to begin.

Let's hear them... I get my info from a nutritionist....
  • whierd
    Options

LOL No lie- I never tell people that I eat clean, because I have no clue where people draw the line. All of my groceries are normally organic and I make most things from scratch cause I like to feel like Suzy Homemaker. If I want pizza, I make it using organic ingredients, pie... cookies... fresh bread in my breadmaker anything really... and I eat like that if it fits in my macros.

this reminds me of the people who claim that they hate TV and never watch it, but only have a TV set in their house for the few times a year they want to watch something on PBS. i call shenanigans on this whole mindset that organic is better than non organic. everything you eat is organic (at least i can't think of any food that isn't, or it wouldn't be food). a bunch of hippies can't come along and steal the meaning of that word just to make a few extra bucks selling their tomatoes or spaghetti made from hemp. same thing with making everything from scratch... or having your own breadmaker... or whatever. it all smacks of some sort of elitism being applied to food... that what's in your food or how/where/when its made somehow can make one food better than another.

I use a breadmaker because kneading dough is a PITA and it is convenient for rising unless I want a specific bread type.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmbdu00FvG1rlyseko1_500.gif

i worry about calories and macros (and micros) and don't worry what any self-appointed food shamers have to say about anything... ever.

i see lots of people on this site wear "how clean their diet is" as a badge of honor. it's not. it just means you've been hoodwinked into thinking that your success/failure is fully tied up in your food choices. it's not.

maybe i'm too easily irritated this morning, but i'm just sick of seeing people get sucked up into this fad (and related ones) and lose sight of the big picture in the process.

call people food shamers, then go on and bash anyone that does something different than you.

Sounds about right, on this site.

OP: If you don't want to "eat clean," don't. If other people do...how does this affect you? Unless you are living with them and eating meals together, why worry so much about others? I personally don't eat very "clean" but I certainly wouldn't judge my many friends who do...their eating habits don't affect me!
  • junejadesky
    Options

Except that the American lifespan has steadily increased since "processed, unclean foods" have become popular.

this is incorrect.... the CDC stated late last year that the babies born now are predicted to have a shorter life span than those born in the 1920's. Maybe you should do your research....
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

the people on the Titanic drowned in water, therefore water must be dangerous, so every time you drink a glass of water you are drinking a dangerous substance!

seems legit.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

This is just as silly as claiming that it is a stupid concept to eat whole foods. All of those things have water in it, which is one of the most corrosive chemicals known to man: just look at the Grand Canyon!

I hear that some of the foods we eat are poisonous if not processed, or if not processed properly, but raw fish is still yummy.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I use a breadmaker because kneading dough is a PITA and it is convenient for rising unless I want a specific bread type.

My mother is a fabulous baker. She uses a breadmaker for the same reasons...and her bread is the BOMB! Way better than store-bought. I don't like bread that much but I LOVE hers. She's not a hippie and not "elitist," she likes to bake and it's simply home-made food.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

What if the pumpkin pie was made fresh in the store's bakery? Is that better than the Mrs. Smith's in the freezer section? Or are they both "unclean"? Nah.

Does pumpkin pie made at home out of a can and with a store bought crust qualify? You can make your own

Is it okay if you buy the flour, pumpkins and milk at the store and put it together at home? why not do it at home

What about the sugar? Is white sugar okay? truvia

And white flour. Is white flour clean? Brown Rice flower

Does one need to grow their own pumpkins, milk their own cow, and grow and grind their own grain? almond milk is good, find grains and pumkins at farmers markets

Wait! Is flour itself clean? Or is wheat not clean because it has to be milled? its just as easy to by coconut flour as it is regular flour.

Are non-organic pumpkins okay?yep... because you don't eat the outside.

Is milk itself okay? If milk is okay does it need to be from organic fed cows with no hormones? almond milk bro!

See answers above.

Interesting. Anything other than one word answers or explanation as to why milk, wheat and sugar are not clean? Or this your "belief" again?

Any explanation of why almond milk is clean but not milk that is taken right out of a cow?

Any explanation of why truvia is clean but sugar is not?

Have you ever eaten brown rice flowers?
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your post is making me crave Doritos. I swear those things are crack-y goodness...can't walk past an aisle of them in the store without salivating.