Boob Job!! And weight lifting

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Are you going under the muscle???? Even a year out, I have trouble with chest exercises!

I'm a year and a half out from under the muscle and bench is still not great. But everything else I lift like a small beast.

let them settle a bit. Give it a couple months. You may be able to lift sooner, but why risk messing up your surgery? You don't want capsular contracture.
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Listen to your doctor. Not worth risking ruining your health and perfectly good boob job to start lifting a few weeks early.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    10 years later and my sister still won't lift heavy....just sayin'
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Are you going under the muscle???? Even a year out, I have trouble with chest exercises!

I'm a year and a half out from under the muscle and bench is still not great. But everything else I lift like a small beast.

let them settle a bit. Give it a couple months. You may be able to lift sooner, but why risk messing up your surgery? You don't want capsular contracture.
    You don't get capsular contracture from working out too soon(at least not according to any medical studies I've read on CC). No one really knows why CC happens, but it's thought to be more from some sort of bacteria that the implant comes into contact with at some point. Bottoming out also isn't caused by working out too soon. That happens from overdissection of the pocket or implants that are too heavy for your tissue.

You CaN tear your stitches/incisions open and cause internal hemorrhaging (hematoma) from exerting your pec muscles too hard too soon after surgery. It's definitely the best thing to listen to your surgeon. The time will pass quickly and you'll be back to your normal routine before you know it!! Good luck and if you have any implant/surgery/post op type questions feel free to message me!!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You need to heed advice about resting and taking time away from training for the prescribed time. 6 weeks may seem like a long time, but it's a fart in the wind compared to the time you'll be out if you end up causing major damage to your body by trying to do too much too soon.

Perspective. Perspective....

Post of the day.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    6 weeks of leg days!!!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Submuscular...Definitely taking the doctor's orders, but I can't imagine taking it easy for a whole year though! Guess I'll be having more leg days ahead
  • RHeishman
    RHeishman Posts: 32
    Options
    Just my two cents. Well, maybe 1 1/2 cents. Why a boob job at all? I see so many women obsessed over things like boob size. Who cares? Love yourself for the way you are? These are serious procedures that could have complications. Sometimes it's not worth it. Be healthy, be fit, love yourself!

Just saying.
    :happy:
  • ggxx100
    Options
    Just my two cents. Well, maybe 1 1/2 cents. Why a boob job at all? I see so many women obsessed over things like boob size. Who cares? Love yourself for the way you are? These are serious procedures that could have complications. Sometimes it's not worth it. Be healthy, be fit, love yourself!

Just saying.

I love myself, which is why I got myself a boob job when I realized I wanted one :laugh:

My worth is not intrinsically based on my boobs or my appearance-nor am I obsessed with my boob size. It was simply something I've been wanting to do for myself, so I went ahead and did it. Simple as that
  • RHeishman
    RHeishman Posts: 32
    Options
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    6 weeks of leg days!!!

keep-calm-its-leg-day-10.png
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Someone might have already said this...but I have been doing a lot of research and they can place them under the muscle, under the fascia on top of the muscle or under the breats tissue and on top of the fascia. If they place them under hte muscle, you will be restricted for many weight training exercises forever because working those muscles too hard can damage the implant. Under the breast tissue is not as natural looking. under the fascia seems like the best placement if you continue to heavy lift...but I would ask your surgeon these specific questions before you do something to damage the implants.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Someone might have already said this...but I have been doing a lot of research and they can place them under the muscle, under the fascia on top of the muscle or under the breats tissue and on top of the fascia. If they place them under hte muscle, you will be restricted for many weight training exercises forever because working those muscles too hard can damage the implant. Under the breast tissue is not as natural looking. under the fascia seems like the best placement if you continue to heavy lift...but I would ask your surgeon these specific questions before you do something to damage the implants.
    This is actually only half true. I am a member of a breast implant forum(and I have done years of my own research, along with having under the muscle implants myself and lifting) and there are hundreds of women on there with under the muscle implants who still lift heavy and have no issues. There really isn't any risk of damaging the implant working out with unders unless the implant was defective to begin with. The only real issue I hear of is muscle flex disorder, where when you tighten your pecs they squeeze down on the implants and cause them to look distorted. But that's not common and can be easily fixed.

So really, don't worry about damaging your implants working out if you have unders, you'd be surprised to find out just how hard it is to damage one.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I would think you should listen to your doctor.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Just saying.

I really don't understand why this is such a necessity to young women today. To be honest, I always wanted bigger ones when I was younger.....Let me tell you something as an older than dirt woman, mine don't sag....LOL And I am thrilled that I can say that at my age.

To the poster I am quoting, you are a wise man!!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    One of my besties has unders. I can't remember her recovery time but it was definitely around 2 months at least. They look/feel uhmayzing and she lifts like a beast these days (she's a figure competitor).
  • ggxx100
    Options

Just saying.

I really don't understand why this is such a necessity to young women today. To be honest, I always wanted bigger ones when I was younger.....Let me tell you something as an older than dirt woman, mine don't sag....LOL And I am thrilled that I can say that at my age.

To the poster I am quoting, you are a wise man!!

Yep, I have unders. I do realize the recovery time is tougher because of it.

It most definitely was not a necessity for me. However, it's something that I have always wanted as I've had non-existent breasts my whole entire life. Now that I have D's, I can safely say it has not been life changing or a factor in my self confidence-I know I'm beautiful with or without boobs. However, I'm definitely pleased with the results and won't mind rocking my teeny bikini again!

As for anything sagging...if my grandma and mother are any indication, nothing will sag on me-ever, thanks to asian genes. Pretty much banking on never getting a wrinkle :laugh:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    (Mine are real) (serious)

That being said

When investing n plastic surgery, obey your doctor

If he says wait 6 weeks

then wait 6 weeks

Do you want to "mess" up his work?
  • ggxx100
    Options
    This is actually only half true. I am a member of a breast implant forum(and I have done years of my own research, along with having under the muscle implants myself and lifting) and there are hundreds of women on there with under the muscle implants who still lift heavy and have no issues. There really isn't any risk of damaging the implant working out with unders unless the implant was defective to begin with. The only real issue I hear of is muscle flex disorder, where when you tighten your pecs they squeeze down on the implants and cause them to look distorted. But that's not common and can be easily fixed.

So really, don't worry about damaging your implants working out if you have unders, you'd be surprised to find out just how hard it is to damage one.

Thanks for your input! Great to hear from someone who has actually experienced them and lifts. Now that I've gotten them I'm actually planning on waiting even a little longer than the recommended time
  • ggxx100
    Options
    (Mine are real) (serious)

That being said

When investing n plastic surgery, obey your doctor

If he says wait 6 weeks

then wait 6 weeks

Do you want to "mess" up his work?

Of

Course

I don't