eating healthy = lame and boring ....

Options

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Burrito2.jpg

Needs more cheese, but I'll take 2 please.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

"I don't think anyone really pays attention to ONLY calories. That's certainly not doing it right."

There are people who only pay attention to calories...

....whoops...kinda screwed up that quote thing :tongue:

what exactly happens if you only watch calories?

how far out do your macros have to be for there to be a problem?

isn't is a whole *kitten* load more about what you are eating, rather than the category it fits in.

seems like your making a big deal out of something that only a very small group of people would have a problem with, aka their diet is totally devoid of nutrients.

so why does it matter that much?

First of all, I have not made a big deal about anything....
    Secondly, having a surplus of certain categories can cause health issues. High blood pressure, clogged arteries, blood sugar level issues (diabetes), cholesterol issues..
    And yes, it is about what you're eating. That's the point I'm trying to make..

so how much would your macros have to be out to have such issues?

and yah... you kinda did make a big deal out of it. lol.

um, no, I didn't. I only stated that it can cause issues. That was that. I agreed with the fact that you can have what you like as long as it fits into your macros/cals. I also said portion size is the key.

As to your question about how out of whack would the macros have to be... well I can't answer that question. I am by no means a doctor or nutritionist. All I said, (and you can read above to get the whole story in case you missed it..) was a person who eats nothing but fast food all day to meet their calorie goal is most likely an unhealthy person..

so in short, you don't really know anything about macros.

Hmm...you really do enjoy creating your own meaning out of things that other people say, don't you?

Are you really going to argue the fact that someone eating fast food all day, every day is healthy???

They absolutely can be, y es.

Please enlighten me on this.. seriously. I'd like to know why you say that.

Not sure why you'd think it wouldn't be possible. There are plenty of easy ways to hit your nutrient targets eating nothing but fast food. Double meat subs loaded with veggies at Subway, grilled chicken sandwiches and salads at the burger joints, tacos and bean dishes at Taco Bell, etc. Veggies, protein, fats, carbs.. everything you need.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

"I don't think anyone really pays attention to ONLY calories. That's certainly not doing it right."

There are people who only pay attention to calories...

....whoops...kinda screwed up that quote thing :tongue:

what exactly happens if you only watch calories?

how far out do your macros have to be for there to be a problem?

isn't is a whole *kitten* load more about what you are eating, rather than the category it fits in.

seems like your making a big deal out of something that only a very small group of people would have a problem with, aka their diet is totally devoid of nutrients.

so why does it matter that much?

First of all, I have not made a big deal about anything....
    Secondly, having a surplus of certain categories can cause health issues. High blood pressure, clogged arteries, blood sugar level issues (diabetes), cholesterol issues..
    And yes, it is about what you're eating. That's the point I'm trying to make..

so how much would your macros have to be out to have such issues?

and yah... you kinda did make a big deal out of it. lol.

um, no, I didn't. I only stated that it can cause issues. That was that. I agreed with the fact that you can have what you like as long as it fits into your macros/cals. I also said portion size is the key.

As to your question about how out of whack would the macros have to be... well I can't answer that question. I am by no means a doctor or nutritionist. All I said, (and you can read above to get the whole story in case you missed it..) was a person who eats nothing but fast food all day to meet their calorie goal is most likely an unhealthy person..

so in short, you don't really know anything about macros.

Hmm...you really do enjoy creating your own meaning out of things that other people say, don't you?

Are you really going to argue the fact that someone eating fast food all day, every day is healthy???

They absolutely can be, y es.

Please enlighten me on this.. seriously. I'd like to know why you say that.

breakfast
    Egg McMuffin or Hot Cakes

lunch
    big mac, 2 bags apple slices and an orange juice for lunch.

dinner
    subway footlong vege delite with vege patty and side salad w carrot, tomato onion, peppers and sweet onion dressing.

desert: mc donalds apple pie

thats under my maintenance calories, and has 5 serves of fruit/vege a day.

that was pretty easy. I'm sure there are healthier options than that too.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between losing weight and being healthy. Counting calories may result in weight loss, but if all or most of those calories are made up of "junk", then your body will most likely not be very healthy..

I'm glad you put "junk" in quotes, because it's sort of a meaningless term.

Isolated, individual foods are not "healthy" or "junky" or whatever. It's an overall diet, in its entirety, that is healthy or unhealthy. If you are feeding your body the nutrients it needs to thrive, in the proper amounts and with an appropriate caloric content, you are eating healthy. If you are either depriving your body of the nutrients it needs, or you are feeding it excessive calories, you are not eating healthy.

^^:drinker:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Burrito2.jpg

epic burrito is epic.

epic plate of lard....

I see you ate just had some bacon so you can't say anything bad about lard. Lard is from pork fat. Bacon IS pork!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's only boring if you don't know how to cook. Lol. Use the right spices for the right food and your healthy food will taste amaaaaazing. I'm just sayin'. I never get tired of the food I eat.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You just need a really good girlfriend or wife to cook you up some good food! Healthy food DOES NOT have to be boring! :)

Uh huh. What she said. :flowerforyou:

another volunteer to wait on me hand and foot?

Sorry, already have a man. :bigsmile: And if you'll excuse us, we're going to enjoy the absolutely epic apple pie I just pulled out of the oven. With ice cream. Yum.
  • nikilis
    Options
    It's only boring if you don't know how to cook. Lol. Use the right spices for the right food and your healthy food will taste amaaaaazing. I'm just sayin'. I never get tired of the food I eat.

this is totally true.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    good luck with the aortic stenosis in a few years if you are eating like that every night. Who said healthy has to be plain, maybe because you cannot cook or have no imagination? I had orange roughy sauteed in some organic butter, sun dried tomato sauce and fresh zuchinni slices sauteed with vidalia onion and parmesan and a baked sweet potato. Then I had fresh bleberries over angel food cake with some cream. And you had what? KFC?
  • nikilis
    Options
    You just need a really good girlfriend or wife to cook you up some good food! Healthy food DOES NOT have to be boring! :)

Uh huh. What she said. :flowerforyou:

another volunteer to wait on me hand and foot?

Sorry, already have a man. :bigsmile: And if you'll excuse us, we're going to enjoy the absolutely epic apple pie I just pulled out of the oven. With ice cream. Yum.

I want a girl to make me an apple pie.

or any kind of pie.

or just return my calls.

or not be imaginary.

:sad:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    good luck with the aortic stenosis in a few years if you are eating like that every night. Who said healthy has to be plain, maybe because you cannot cook or have no imagination? I had orange roughy sauteed in some organic butter, sun dried tomato sauce and fresh zuchinni slices sauteed with vidalia onion and parmesan and a baked sweet potato. Then I had fresh bleberries over angel food cake with some cream. And you had what? KFC?

The important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to other people.
  • nikilis
    Options

what causes aortic stenosis? in genuinely interested.
  • nikilis
    Options

The important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to other people.

ohh dude, your fricken killin me today.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just ate a gorgonzola and gingered-pear quesadilla. Delicious and healthy!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

fiirst - what the hell is orange roughy? that sounds like a game my girlfriend and I used to play with orange handcuffs..well lets not go three..

second - I do not know what bleberries are...are they are a cousin of blueberries?

MMMMM yes I had buckets and buckets of KFC ...you got a problem with that?
  • ndj1979
    Options

what causes aortic stenosis? in genuinely interested.

I think that is when you are having sex and choke yourself at the same time ...wait no, thinking of wrong thing..sorry
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I just ate a gorgonzola and gingered-pear quesadilla. Delicious and healthy!

i dont eat any of that fancy crap ....
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I still eat lots of fun stuff.. :tongue:
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No one can ever convince me that eating fast food everyday is healthy....

Most of you in these forums sure do have a way to take a simple statement and turn it into an all out argument.. Seems to me like you are the ones who need to feel superior over everyone else..
  • jonnythan
    Options
    No one can ever convince me that eating fast food everyday is healthy....

Well I'm happy to hear that you have an open mind about the subject, and are willing to learn more.