Pregnancy 2010 - August

Replies

• Angela- That was a great story thanks for sharing. I know of some girls that tried that and it just made them sick. I think there is another old wives tale about raspberry tea.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Thank you, Cali and shoppingqueen! Your advice helps me a lot...just to know what others are doing! I still feel really good, except for being exhausted. No nausea or anything. I usually never come home and take naps, but everyday this week I have found myself waking up from a nap! I guess my body is working hard on my little miracle :)
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    So I went to the doctor today and they did an ultrasound. There was just a sac...a nice sac that was nice and round and had lots of lining around it in the uterus but just a sac with a little speck inside. My doctor assured me it looks healthy but she thinks I'm earlier than I am. When I was pregnant last time they didn't have me come in until after 8 weeks exactly for this reason. Here I am now just waiting until tomorrow to get my hcg levels and friday for progest. levels. Then I go back monday to do this all over again. I wish I hadn't gone yet!
    Please keep us in your prayers!!
  • mwilson1018
    So I went to the doctor today and they did an ultrasound. There was just a sac...a nice sac that was nice and round and had lots of lining around it in the uterus but just a sac with a little speck inside. My doctor assured me it looks healthy but she thinks I'm earlier than I am. When I was pregnant last time they didn't have me come in until after 8 weeks exactly for this reason. Here I am now just waiting until tomorrow to get my hcg levels and friday for progest. levels. Then I go back monday to do this all over again. I wish I hadn't gone yet!

I think that "healthy" is the key word!! :smile: Congrats on your little miracle...everything will work out and I pray it will be a wonderful, healthy 9 months!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    I've heard about the Castor oil, but I'm too chicken to try anytning like that. I've always had this great fear that I'm going to defecate in the delivery room. It happened to my cousin with her first and I was scarred. Thankfully, it hasn't happened to me :flowerforyou: My mom says your body knows what to do and when you're ready, you will go to the bathroom several times before the big contractions, and that's exactly how it was with my two pregnancies.
    Anyway, why is it that these last few weeks seem to be going so slowwwwww? I can't sleep at night and found myself doing yoga moves at 2 am :sad: My husband is oblivious and said 'how come I didn't wake him up' , like he can do anything about it. I actually felt jealous last night because he was snoring while I was awake and had back pain :grumble: I took a tylenol pm, which got stuck somewhere and then I had chest pain for about an hour. When I finally felt asleep, my 3 year olds comes in and tells me she's been calling me and to please lay with her. So I ended up sleeping in her twin size bed with her legs all over me. I was up at 6 am to see my husband off to work and walked on the treadmill and did an hour of prenatal yoga.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now :smooched:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    So even though hubby and I aren't TTC just yet, I had my annual check up yesterday and decided that would be a good idea to talk to her about making sure i looked good and healthy to start TTC after the holidays. I had a leep procedure (they scraped/burned pre-cancerous cells off my cervix) done almost 4 years ago (about 15mo after my first child) and had concerns bc i've read it can cause complications with pregancies. The dr was not very helpful in that she is a family practice Dr. not an OB/GYN and could only tell me that in the event that i actually miscarried due to cervical issues they could do a procedure to prevent it in future pregnancies....this did NOT calm my concerns since:
    A. The thought of miscarrying terrifies/depresses me and I sympothize deeply with those that have had to go through this and B. My husband and I have such a small window to conceive that in the event that i do get pregnant and have the terrible misfortune to miscarry after he has left on deployment (which i realize is a risk even in completely healthy women, but i feel now i am at higher risk) we will have to wait 6-7months before we can try again! :-(

Have any of you women had/are having successful pregnacies after having a simliar or identical procedure? Or any advice?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member

I hate the waiting. They wanted us to go in today to see if we could see a hb, but I told her I would be patient and wait an extra week just to give it time. I hate the waiting. I will be thinking about you.
  • ckmama
    So even though hubby and I aren't TTC just yet, I had my annual check up yesterday and decided that would be a good idea to talk to her about making sure i looked good and healthy to start TTC after the holidays. I had a leep procedure (they scraped/burned pre-cancerous cells off my cervix) done almost 4 years ago (about 15mo after my first child) and had concerns bc i've read it can cause complications with pregancies. The dr was not very helpful in that she is a family practice Dr. not an OB/GYN and could only tell me that in the event that i actually miscarried due to cervical issues they could do a procedure to prevent it in future pregnancies....this did NOT calm my concerns since:
    A. The thought of miscarrying terrifies/depresses me and I sympothize deeply with those that have had to go through this and B. My husband and I have such a small window to conceive that in the event that i do get pregnant and have the terrible misfortune to miscarry after he has left on deployment (which i realize is a risk even in completely healthy women, but i feel now i am at higher risk) we will have to wait 6-7months before we can try again! :-(

Have any of you women had/are having successful pregnacies after having a simliar or identical procedure? Or any advice?

I had the same procedure done and had no problems with my first pregnancy, then I had a c=section which causes scar tissue which I believe led to my ectopic pregnancy. We are now pregnant and hopefully will carry full term. I worried like you, but try not to. No case is exactly alike and the internet can scare the crud out of you. Good luck.
  • ckmama
    That story about the castor oil is funny. That stuff is disgusting. I thought I had a UTI when my first baby was having contractions I kept going to the potty trying to make myself pee, not realizing I was in labor.

You are so close to having your baby that is so exciting. You've done great not gaining a ton of weight too.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    So I've been having quite a few braxton hicks contractions the last few days. I saw my doc on Monday and my cervix was hard and closed so not progressing at all which is good since it's still too early.

Yesterday I was having quite a few contractions at lunch and then went to the bathroom in the early afternoon and had a streak of brown blood mixed with my normal pregnancy vaginal discharge in my underwear (sorry for the graphic discription), which I assumed was my bloody show. i was talking to my friend (the one who just had her baby) and she got really worried about it saying it's too early for bloody show and that I should call my doc incase I am progressing ... but since I didn't have any symptoms I didn't want to overreact.

We had our college graduation ceremony yesterday so I was texing my doula during and she recommended I call my doc about it since it could be a sign of going into early labor. SO called the oncall doc and she said it might be from my "Exam" on Monday. It seems weird though to have the spotting 3 days later though?

I wonder how they know whether it's bloody show or not? Has anyone experienced "bloody show" or lost their mucus plug? What was it like?
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Anyone have news on Shoppingqueen? She was supposed to go in yesterday for another check, and hasn't been on since!!!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Hi Angela,
    I hope everything is ok. I remember when I had my first ever exam that I did spot for a few days. Could you be so tight that that may be the case? I hope you get it checked out soon, or that the spotting stops. Good luck!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    So I've been having quite a few braxton hicks contractions the last few days. I saw my doc on Monday and my cervix was hard and closed so not progressing at all which is good since it's still too early.

Yesterday I was having quite a few contractions at lunch and then went to the bathroom in the early afternoon and had a streak of brown blood mixed with my normal pregnancy vaginal discharge in my underwear (sorry for the graphic discription), which I assumed was my bloody show. i was talking to my friend (the one who just had her baby) and she got really worried about it saying it's too early for bloody show and that I should call my doc incase I am progressing ... but since I didn't have any symptoms I didn't want to overreact.

We had our college graduation ceremony yesterday so I was texing my doula during and she recommended I call my doc about it since it could be a sign of going into early labor. SO called the oncall doc and she said it might be from my "Exam" on Monday. It seems weird though to have the spotting 3 days later though?

I wonder how they know whether it's bloody show or not? Has anyone experienced "bloody show" or lost their mucus plug? What was it like?

When I went into labor with both my kids I started with thick dark bloody discharge, which progressed into slight bleeding as the labor went on. That is when I really knew I was in labor, instead of just braxton hicks.

It is very possible that you are just starting to dialate, and that the exam encouraged it... I would have light pink spotting with exams, the brown probably just means that it was 3 days ago, and didn't come out til now...:) It's all down hill for you now! Goodluck!
  • debnu1
    Everyone loses the plug at different times, mine was just always once I started into labor. My mom would lose hers days in advance. You will know though cause it almost looks tarry.... Sorry if TMI :tongue:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    I remember having the same bloody show when I was pregnant with my second. I was taking a shower and thought "what the heck!". I didn't experience that with my first. I was also early and I think that's when I started to dilate, which took a few more weeks before I went into labor.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    does anyone do perineal massage? I have questions, it's not going so well ...
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Hi all-

I have been active in the Fit for Future Families group, but I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant! This is my first pregnacy and DH and I are so excited. I'm happy that this group is on here. I'm not telling anyone (besides my best friend and sister) until I go to the doctor on September 14, so I'm glad I'll have an outlet on MFP! My due date is April 4, 2011.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Hi all-

I have been active in the Fit for Future Families group, but I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant! This is my first pregnacy and DH and I are so excited. I'm happy that this group is on here. I'm not telling anyone (besides my best friend and sister) until I go to the doctor on September 14, so I'm glad I'll have an outlet on MFP! My due date is April 4, 2011.

Aww, congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    angela, sorry i never did perineal massage. I heard about it and decided it wasn't for me. Usually while you are in labor they can do warm compresses to help keep the tissues "limber". With my first I didn't have time for that, with the second I couldn't sit on anything. I have found that no matter how much you plan a birth things don't go at all as planned. It is a good idea to know what you want though. My first I had a plan and no time to pull it out. My second I didn't bother to write anything out but talked in depth with my midwife about what I wanted and what would work. I had figured I would give birth kneeling in the bed, but it ended up standing up. You kindof just go with it and see what happens as what you think might work sometimes doesn't and what you never thought would makes a huge difference. I am a huge advocate of counterpressure--especially on the back. It took all the pain away through transition! My midwife says the first one creates the path for all the others. It seemed to be true for me. Sorry I started waxing philosophical! Good luck!

Congrats Lhuffman! I wish you healthy beginnings.

Oh have I mentioned that I hate being nauseated!?! I really do and I can't wait until the first trimester is over and I have heard a heartbeat and it all feels more real that just feeling sick!
  • mwilson1018
    Congrats LHuffman!!! That is wonderful news! My DH and I found out we are pregnant 2 weeks ago, and my due date should be around April 12th. We can go on this journey together! :smile: There are a few others here within a few weeks of us too.