June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Though I am alternating days with c25k...so I will be a little behind you all. I started day 1 on 5/28 and will go on to l1d6 tomorrow. I am struggling with c25k week 4 so I took yesterday as a rest day off both, and am going to try and successfully run tonight.

On weekends, when I can split them up in the day, I actually think I can do them both. But right now I am taking it slow so that I am comfortable that I am doing each one correctly.
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Finished day 5 today!
    I think it may be a little too early for me to see any results, but I am feeling great about myself every time I finish the workout :)
    I haven't noticed any shin pain from doing the 30 day shred, but when I run on concrete I always get shin pain and then I usually have to let my shins heal before I can do high impact exercises again.
    Good luck :)
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Day 6 completed! Over half way there I'm soooo ready for level 2. And those damn side lunges have yet to get easier.
  • tigerlily100392
    tigerlily100392 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Of those of you already doing it, are you seeing results?
    I managed to get up to day one of level 3 but then started a new job and got lazy... until then I was shedding about half an inch from my waist and hips a week and about a pound in weight, I started at 158. It doesn't sound like much but I was eating pretty badly on top of the work out, and my body HATES letting me get bellow 158! May have to restart the challenge now with all of you guys....
  • LoveInNumbers
    Options
    Day 6 done!
    Didn't sweat as much, maybe because I drunk some water beforehand.
    I noticed I feel ALOT less tension doing pushups, too o_o
  • LoveInNumbers
    Options
    finished day 3 right now
    someone help me
    im dying

:laugh: I so know how you felt on Day 3, give yourself about 2 more days and you'll feel less
    like you're going to kill over. Were all here doing it with you! :flowerforyou:
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted that you are dying as of day 3, i just finished day 3 and it has been the hardest day yet by far! Happy to hear that in a couple of days it will get better :D
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Level 1 complete! It's definitely getting easier!

Also, question for everyone....what size weights are you using?
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1, D1... I think I'm going to like this!

I'm using 3 pounders.. which I thought were sort of wimpy, until the 2nd set of lunges.. dying!
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 4 lvl1 complete..
    Managed to do both sets of girl pushups.. and the only thing i cant do entirely now is the bicycle crunches at the end and the damn skipping. it hurts my knees too much. so i kinda jog till i can do it again. But definately getting stronger.
    Might move up to a heavier hand weight in a day or two.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am using 5lb but started using 10lb on the chest flies (I think that's what they are called).
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 4 lvl1 complete..
    Managed to do both sets of girl pushups.. and the only thing i cant do entirely now is the bicycle crunches at the end and the damn skipping. it hurts my knees too much. so i kinda jog till i can do it again. But definately getting stronger.
    Might move up to a heavier hand weight in a day or two.

ok so I must of been dehydrated when i wrote this.. Its day 5. lol
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1, D1... I think I'm going to like this!

I'm using 3 pounders.. which I thought were sort of wimpy, until the 2nd set of lunges.. dying!

I'm using 3 too. But I think I need heavier ones. The lunges at the end are the only ones that are really hard...and I never feel sore in the upper body the next day.

Getting ready to start day 6 level one tomorrow
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    Day 4, Level 1 complete! It's definitely getting easier!

Also, question for everyone....what size weights are you using?

Like a couple others who have responded, I've just got 3 pound hand weights... I was thinking about going out and getting 5 and 8 pound weights to start using on some of the exercises but after six weeks of waiting and multiple e-mails to my school's financial aid offices, I've finally been informed that my application for a course fee waiver has been denied... ages ago actually. They apparently denied me a month back and... didn't think it necessary to send me an e-mail informing me? Fuming as now I can't afford new weights *or* a visit to my friend this summer (she lives one state over and is pregnant with her first baby). So, 3 pounders is it for the time being. I think I know what I'll be thinking of during the punches in the cardio section when I go back to this tomorrow (had a rest day today).... >:(
  • JessicaMcguigan123
    JessicaMcguigan123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 15 done :-)
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 6 :)

I am currently using 2kg weights, but I think when I move onto the level 2 exercises I might get some heavier weights to go along with it, as I don't feel any soreness in my upper body the next day with 2kg
  • jezamon
    jezamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me!
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Day 5... lets do it!!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Ok so I just completed Level 1.....here is what I did:

Starting Stats:

SW: 138.5 lbs

10 days of Shred with one rest day. Weights used 1.5 kilos (a little over 3 pounds I think?)

The first few days I worked out with Anita...then about half way through switched to Natalie....ouch those squats and lunges all the way to the floor....only difference is that the pushups I have never done a full pushup always the ones on my knees and it wasn't until today's workout that I managed to do pushups the entire time lol

My food well if you are friends with me you can check out my diary to see that its probably a terrible diet...some days under calories, some days over...but a good portion of junk. In two weeks there is pizza, garlic bread, sodas, ice cream, curry, mcdonalds, kebobs, and candies. There is some healthy stuff in there as well but I just don't keep the super nutritious and healthy food menu that a lot of people do here....I should (and want to get better) but one step at a time right...and I have cut down my soda and sweet consumption majorly believe it or not!

So all that being said...what did I look like 11 days ago and what do I look like now after Level 1 of the shred....here's hoping my attempt to post pics in the message works:

Before Pics:

IMAG1688.jpg

IMAG1689.jpg

After Pics:

IMAG1718.jpg

IMAG1719.jpg

IMAG1720.jpg

As you can see, I still have a good bit of fat circling my tummy and just kind of sitting there (its only been 10 days after all and oh the junk food!) But look at how much just toning my ab muscles has reduced the gut....look at those arm muscles...I wish you could see the muscles in my legs how I can see them when I'm working out...full length mirror helps with ensuring proper form....and I have muscles in my arms! I can also see my ab muscles working when I am doing the workouts so even though there is a layer of fat over them they are there are strengthening and I can tell.

So all that to say ladies, that although your results may differ....you ARE improving and it is SO worth it....

Now remind me of that on Monday when i start Level 2 planks and want to die! (Taking Saturday along with my regular Sunday rest day off because of the shin splints...)
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Also, my stomach fat appears a lot more "jiggly" and loose especially from the front now...but I've looked this up and chatted with some folks and it seems that thats actually a GOOD sign...as it means the fat is breaking up and becoming less dense so that my body can eventually use it as fuel and say bye bye to it....so if you see that happening as well don't worry!