Significant other's thoughts on your weight loss

Options

Replies

• ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My hubby is completely supportive. He has also lost 60 lbs by just eating what I cook. Sometimes though he's just a little too into checking into seeing if i've toned anymore. IE sneaking up behind me while im doing the elliptical and grabbing my butt. He got yelled at very loudly for that one and the dog nosed him out of the room. :laugh:
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So glad someone is in my boat. My boyfriend is sooo naturally thin...so is his entire family. I do not feel comfortable talking with him about it. He eats whatever, whenever. I just barley told him I joined MFP. He is supportive but I do not want him to think I am insecure (which I am not...I am a little over confident) nor do I want to discuss it with him.
  • noemivillar
    noemivillar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    He's very happy and supportive that I finally decided to do something. He's somehow active and used to go to the gym and I was super lazy. He's been telling me for years to join a gym or to exercise so when I told him last month that I was going to start working out, I don't think he believed me.

He's seen that I've been constant for a month and that's more than I've ever done before. He can tell that I'm keeping track of what I eat and my exercises so he can see I'm taking it seriously.

He even takes our toddler out for walks so I can exercise at home during the day instead of having to wait until late at night when she goes to sleep.
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby always say we eat right/work out for better sex. It's (sortof!:) ) a joke, but it keeps it lighthearted. Sometimes I'm trying to lose weight, and sometimes he is. It doesn't matter to either of us what the other one currently weighs, but we do support each other. The hard part for me is staying in my calorie limit no matter what he's doing.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't really say much, he's overweight too, Hoping to get him on board and lose with me. He accepts me as I am so that's what I love about him.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't believe I have lost as much as I have. That's the problem when you are morbidly obese. You can lose 50 pounds and it will look like 20, 10 or none. But, I could tell right away, not from the way I look. I think I look the same except in the face. I could tell because it is easier to move around and I don't have to wake up to turn over in bed anymore.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend started out being really supportive but now he's complaining that I don't want to eat junky snacks anymore and he keeps buying me Arizona iced teas. He says I'm not the same person anymore. I'm the same person, I just would rather buy a water than sugary tea. I'm really bothered by this.
  • Renee428
    Renee428 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My bf isn't completely supportive but will tell me I'm doing good if he hears that I hit a goal. His main reasoning is he thinks I'm going to start looking for someone new when I get a higher self esteem. Crazy boys...

Mine is the same. He is trying to lose weight too but struggling with the eating.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive of my efforts to get healthy and he helps me make time to get my workouts in. He's been wonderful and one of my biggest supporters.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is sort of in the middle of what most people are describing. I told him I lost 20 pounds today, and he was really happy for me. But then he always asks me to eat at Taco Bell or McDonald's, and he brings extremely tempting foods into the house when he knows I'm trying to avoid sugar and lose.
  • teradriscol
    teradriscol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband is super happy about my weight loss, but he's rather not hear about it. Maybe, I just talk about fitness too much.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive and compliments me on how my body is changing. Just last night he told me it's like I have a new body and that he thinks I'm doing great. He doesn't complain that I don't cook like I used to. I still cook but not the same things that were making us fat and unhealthy. He's definitely not one of those partners that wants to keep me fat. He wants me to look great and be healthy and he's willing to deal with the necessary changes. :smooched:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the military and big on fitness. He says I am doing great but keeps trying to get me to go lifting with the other gorillas at the gym.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly blessed with a wonderfully supportive boyfriend!!!! When we met 12 years ago I was 380 pounds and even saw me at my heaviest at 420 pounds. When we got together 2 1/2 years ago I was down to around 300 pounds. NOW, I'm down to 210 and though he says he loves me no matter what weight I am and just wants me to be healthy, he now often looks at me like he has won the lottery with his tall, blond, thin girlfriend!!!! :blushing:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My b/f started out with funny comments about my weighing the food and such. He has seen me lose and gain it all back so he figured it wasn't going to last. But THIS time is different. I never stuck with any weight loss for this long a period of time and he is very supportive now. He tells everyone how beautiful I am. I am loving it!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the military and big on fitness. He says I am doing great but keeps trying to get me to go lifting with the other gorillas at the gym.

you have a smart husband :)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My hubs loves it. I'm in better shape than I was when we got married. Plus, he started working out with me & now he's a badazz
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm lucky to have a super supportive husband. He loved me younger & smaller, pregnant, at my heaviest, and now still loving me throughout my weight loss. He just loves me smiling. :happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    Mine too. Love him :)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options

you have a smart husband :)

Agreed!
  • Catie8192
    Catie8192 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My fiance is very supportive. He says I don't need to lose anything and he loves me the way I am now. :) He'll help motivate me on days that I don't feel like working out.