Significant other's thoughts on your weight loss

Options
What has been your significant others thoughts about your weightloss. My husband doesn't want me to lose anymore weight but i have 20 more pounds for my first major goal and another 20 pounds til my ultimate goal. The funny thing is that he met me when I was 50 pounds lighter but now seems to think that is too small. :ohwell:

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My husband has been totally supportive of my weight loss. Now, if I could only get him to stop telling me that I need to work out and firm up :mad: :mad: . Um...... I KNOW that!!! I just don't need him telling me!!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My husband loves it. I'm about 10 pounds over the weight I was when we met 18 years ago.

I think he can tell I'm more confident and happier overall now. That makes him happy.

However, he's a bit upset that the "girls" are a little smaller now too. He'll get over it :tongue:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    She is fine with my weight now, but thinks I am taking a risk running so much. I really need to do this for me, but I want to be sensitive to her perspective. Relationships, they just needs time.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My husband is being SO SUPPORTIVE! He's even losing some weight himself! He'll give me a hard time if I miss a gym day.. lol

8215698.png
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Shwiiiiing!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My husband says the same thing!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    He's into fitness, too, so we're in this together.
  • thenextstep
    Options
    My hubby is supportive now- I'm much happier since I started working out. Before when I brought it up I kinda got the feeling like he didn't want me too. Kinda like he didn't want be to be confident in myself- when I was smaller I got hit on a lot- but I'm not doing it for anyone else just Me and my family.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    He's always been supportive of my efforts. Then my husband's doc read him the riot act about his >500 triglycerides. He didn't have a lot of weight to lose but he got an MFP account and got down to business. He's never had to lose weight before, or watch his diet (hell, he had to GAIN weight to be allowed to enlist in the military!) but it's nice having him understand a bit better what it's like to have to restrict what one eats.
  • mrdk92
    mrdk92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is really supportive, but he's always eating junk food and that's sort of hard to be around. He also won't shoot me down if I mention that I've really been craving Chipotle :P
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband is on exactly the same page as me on my fitness. The way I like my body (as fit as can be), is the same way he likes it (although he actually likes my body more than I do, which makes sense).
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. He has told me that my goal is not what he is into and he would prefer if I stopped but he congratulates me when I reach milestones and mini-goals I set for myself. It's my body, not his.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to have a super supportive husband. He loved me younger & smaller, pregnant, at my heaviest, and now still loving me throughout my weight loss. He just loves me smiling. :happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Shwiiiiing!

Mmm hmmm.
  • lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My husband used to be very unsupportive. He'd make comments about "eating with the family" or critique what I was doing. He'd get irritated if he cooked something horrible and I declined to eat it.

One day I got sick of it and called him out and told him he wanted me fat because it made him feel more secure. I told him I felt he was undermining me because he was worried if I looked better, I'd leave him or whatever. That shut him up and he's actually gotten on the bandwagon with me and lost 50 pounds of his own. Now that we've got our entire family eating better and being active, it's a lot easier for me to stick with my goals. It's made a huge difference getting us all on the same page.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My bf isn't completely supportive but will tell me I'm doing good if he hears that I hit a goal. His main reasoning is he thinks I'm going to start looking for someone new when I get a higher self esteem. Crazy boys...
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    However, he's a bit upset that the "girls" are a little smaller now too. He'll get over it :tongue:

Too funny. My husband says the same thing!!!!!
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    He says I don't need to lose anything, and that I am beautiful the way I am, but he supports my goals and is always willing to workout/bike/garden/walk with me. He is becoming more and more aware of my legs firming up and my arms tightening though.:bigsmile:
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Mine has been totally supportive, although he frequently emphasizes that I'm doing this for me and he's always thought I was perfect. :)

(Edit for grammar!)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Eh, I think we've gotten to a happy medium where he supports me doing what I want to do, as long as I don't bug him about what he wants to do. Perhaps not my ideal situation (I'd like to do more together) but I think it is a happy medium for us both.