5'3 - 5'5 women Whats your goal?

Options

Replies

• grangerka
    grangerka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is 128, I'm at 136 and I can't shift those few pounds. Annoyed with myself!
    I think I'll look great at 128 :)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    HI,

I am almost 5'4" and my goal is a size "7" pants size. I had been size "7" most of my life and really miss it. At my greatest weight, I was a size "18" and could squeeze into a "16" displaying many unflattering bulges. Thanks to myfitnesspal and lots of time in the gym, exercising, I am now a size "12". I think that I would be a size "7" at 135-140 pounds.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and UGW would be 117 lbs :)
  • SuzenM60
    SuzenM60 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and just recently hit my highest weight of 206. After hitting 198 about 10 years ago, I did Atkins and lost about 50 pounds. Unfortunately, I gained it all back and then some. I knew that I needed to adjust my thinking as far as portion sizes go, so I decided to start counting calories (I did Weight Watchers online for awhile last year, but didn't keep up with it). I started writing everything down, then my daughter told my about this site which makes it so much easier. Was 202 when I started on MFP, now 198. I hope to lose around 50 pounds and keep it off. I don't want to be skinny, just healthy. I also tend to sit most of the day (I work at home), so I hope I can get some motivation to get up and move. Also trying to up my water intake. I think if I can just train my brain and my body to the smaller portions, I will be okay. Praying alot, too.
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    JanetteBradleyMahnken Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'4 I was always really small and skinny until I got closer to 30, then I started to bounce around in weight and it started slow going up and up. I think because of premenopause, and now menopause is raising it again. I was always under 100 Lbs in High School, depending on the time of month it could go up 5-10 Lbs or so. I was usually around 70-80 LBS in high school and was shopping in the little girls department a lot. In my early 20's I was usually between 80-100, I was still shopping in the little girls department a lot at the beginning. But when I was 23 I got into a bad car accident and fractured my pelvis in a couple places and my waist and hips just swelled up really big and I couldn't get into my regular clothes after that. My mom went out and bought me a bunch of big sweats and shorts with draw strings while we were waiting for the swelling to go down. Finally the swelling went down, but I was never the same size in my lower half after that. So then I was 110-120 for a long time. And then just before I got married and before I turned 27 I got really sick for months with bronchitis and I went from a size 8 to a size 5, I don't remember what the weight was then, but I remember that I got into a size 5 wedding dress after being a size 8 for a long time. And I stayed at the size 5 for about a year or so, and then I moved to Va and I started to have female problems and the weight came on and I was bouncing around between size 5 and all the way up to a 10 off and on at the end. I moved back to CA just before turning 30 and again started bouncing around and for a while was able to get back to a 5 but mostly stayed at size 8. Then years later I started bouncing between size 8 and 10 and never got back to size 5 since. As I got closer to 40 it raised up again and I bounced between size 8 and size 12. And as I got closer to 50 it raised again and I bounced between size 8 and size 14. I am in menopause now, 5'4 and 53 years old and at my highest weight ever. I met my boyfriend 4 years ago and my diet has completely changed since. I was in size 8 and also wore a few size 10 pants when I met him. And I mostly ate fruits and veggies with a little chicken or tuna added. But he and his young son are big meat lovers and junk foood junkies and it has really rubbed off on me. A couple of years ago when we moved in together I was already going through menopause and had already really ballooned up. I was going to the doctors regularly for high blood pressure too. My scale had decided not to work right any more so I just threw it out and just went by the doctors scale. But this last year I haven't seen the doctor and I was laid off too. So I was just sitting home in elastic or draw string shorts or sweats and really wasn't paying attention to my body. I knew I was putting some weight on, I could tell because when ever I did decide to wear my jeans or nicer clothes they were getting tighter and tighter. I can still get into my size 14 pants and some 12's too, but they are tight. Well just before Mother's Day weekend I decided to step on our Wii Fit Plus program that I also hadn't used for about a year and died when I saw I had got up to 170 Lbs! I still haven't seen my doctor, I am hoping to get back down to a decent weight before I have to see her. I know she would not be happy to hear that I have put so much weight on instead of continuing to take weight off like she wanted me to do a year ago. So a few days before Mother's day, I just cut back my intake and started to exercise again. And I found by accident a couple of support groups for weight loss on Facebook where the hostess of the pages sells a diet aid called "Skinny Fiber". And a lot of the people in the groups are on the Atkin's diet, but there are people doing all kinds of diets in those groups. And I just happened to see a msg in one of the groups about some ladies talking about this site and since they said it was free I decided to check it out. So I joined on Mother's day weekend and the very next day someone else told me about another free site like this called "SparkPeople". So now I have signed up with two sites to help me track my calories and several other sites just for encouragement, recipes and other dieting info. From what I have been able to read from them all it looks like my weight should be more like 130 Lbs, I have no idea now what that size would equal out to. I got rid of all my size 8 clothes and smaller clothes when I moved. But I still have several nice pairs of size 10 pants and clothes, and a lot of nice size 12, and size 14 clothes. I am not that worried about what size I get into or even the weight, for me it is more about getting healthy and fit again. So yes, trying to get rid of the jiggles and bulges, and the feeling of being fat or obese as the BMI is implying. Would love to not feel tired and sick all the time. I developed gallstones last year and was suppose to be getting in shape and losing some pounds to deal with it. I started to do that and was feeling much better and then I just slipped back into the old ways after I was laid off. So I started at 170 and have lost 6.5 Lbs and several inches in a few weeks already. I will probably try to get down to around 130 and then see where to go from there. I am in no real hurry about when it happens either. I want to do it slowly and find a life style that I can stick with this time, not a crash diet, or pills, or other chemicals to do it either.
  • fit4me1111
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my normal healthy weight had always been around 120. I actually weigh now what I did when I was pregnant, which is depressing! Since turning 40, it started to be a struggle but I am tired of that as an excuse. Am determined to drop this weight and get my sexy back ;) Look forward to sharing ideas and inspiration with others! Please feel free to add me!
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and on paper when I signed up I put 150 for my goal, but actually I would like to get down to 130 - 135. With that said, it will be entirely up to how I look. I am 51 and so far not many wrinkles, but as the weight comes off, the body tends to wrinkle at my age, so we will see. . . I will just be happy to have to make that decision ♒❥
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it 10lbs at a time so right now my short term goal is 160. Ultimately, I would like to be around 135. A number I haven seen since I was 15.
  • KELSIeZ96
    KELSIeZ96 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal is 125-130. I want a toned body but i still want some meet on my body.
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weigh around 130. I am athletic but not what I would consider my ideal and could stand to lose a few. My ideal would be around 110- I.e. what I weighed before the married pounds crept up on me. Surprise! I can't eat like a 6'2 dude!!
  • misuzu437
    misuzu437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 before I was 108 and I felt absolutely amazing. I rode (and still do ride) motorcycles and was incredibly fit. So I feel off my diet for a while stats as followed.

SW: 128
    CW: 124.6
    GW: between 105 and 111

Also I find although many people need to set short term goals and ultimate goals you can estimate a healthy weight range by calculating your BMI (Body mass index) at websites like this http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm
  • butterflycutie1
    butterflycutie1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 120 and my goal is 112 :)
  • KathyKA007
    KathyKA007 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi...I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 127. My goal is 115 but I would be happy at 120. I need to work on toning my arms and stomach!
  • JennyLam23
    JennyLam23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal would is around 115-120 depends how i feel and look when i get there, after i reach that i most likely would love to tone up and gain 10 pounds or so of muscle so that puts me at 125-130?
  • Giggles76
    Giggles76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and am currently 291 and my 'ideal weight' is between 122 and 150lbs (Pahhahahahaha!)

MY current goal is 200lbs and then I will 're-goal' from there (Loooooooooong way to go though!). I have to lose another person in weight!!!

*depressing when I look at it like that to be honest*
  • beautyisbound
    Options
    i am 5'4 and 178-180? and i realllly want to see 150 but i am trying for 140 im a medium to large build so any smaller than 140 might not look ok
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 and currently stuck between 138.8 and 140.4!

My goal weight is 126 but ideally I'd just like to have a 20%-23% Body Fat and not wobble so much when I walk :laugh:
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am 5.5" and my goal weight is 70kgs. That said, the scales are hardly moving (I begun about a month ago) :grumble: despite me working out and watching my diet. :ohwell:

But then, I have had a few NSVs :bigsmile:
  • gothicvelma13
    Options
    My goal is about 130 - 140. I know that won't be for a year or 2 though. I'm looking for a couple buddies to help me keep motivated to stay on here this time. I gained 30 lbs when i stopped journalling. I don't get support at home and need it somewhere.
  • skinnyby31
    skinnyby31 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and ideally I'd like to get to 130-135. I'm just going to wait to see what looks good on my frame.