Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Me: (camera bike)
    NIce. I fancied giving desmodue a go sometime; did a season of BMCRC minitwins a while ago.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    This is mine

IMG_2232.JPG?m=1369203042

I do not ride anywhere near as much as I used to, it has become a Sunday Morning plaything nowadays.....
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a Yamaha FZ1 that I tour on.

IMG_0676_zps58679e38.jpg
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Me: (camera bike)
    NIce. I fancied giving desmodue a go sometime; did a season of BMCRC minitwins a while ago.

Definitely cheaper than mini twins - control tyre, limited mods etc. like all one make series', always close racing. Did ypmrc and rookie400 with bemsee, then got sponsored rides in endurance for afew years and the desmo :-)
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Suzuki RMZ 250. Motocross only.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Definitely cheaper than mini twins - control tyre, limited mods etc. like all one make series', always close racing. Did ypmrc and rookie400 with bemsee, then got sponsored rides in endurance for afew years and the desmo :-)
    Yea; the no tyre warmers scares me, however.

At least your control tyres are better than the Pilot Races we had in TTC - I won't go as far as 'lethal' from cold, but bloody scary (another bike did hit me in the back as I went down on the first corner with cold tyres despite taking it REALLY easy.)
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    This is still the best thread on MFP !!!! Just sayin ......
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My 450 Rebel, girly fairy bike:

ba769c78-c11e-473e-8f27-0123989ec114_zpsdc7538f2.jpg
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, that purple bike is gorgeous!

I used to ride until I met my current husband. He strongly urged me not to and takes the time to point out every motorcycle-related accident he hears about. So, out of respect for him and also because I now have a family to think about, I no longer ride.

I miss it though. The best was going for rides with my parents (who have ridden forever)
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Here are our steeds.........we like the vintage bikes, but both of us are looking to get a sportbike soon as well. We are out of room in the garage currently :laugh: For me motorcycles are like tattoos....addictive!

4some.jpg
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I used to ride until I met my current husband. He strongly urged me not to and takes the time to point out every motorcycle-related accident he hears about. So, out of respect for him and also because I now have a family to think about, I no longer ride.

I miss it though. The best was going for rides with my parents (who have ridden forever)

Luckily, my husband is a fan of riding. My step-daughter (12) rides on back with either of us.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Where's his respect for you? I can understand the raising kids part, but for him to not want you to ride because of accident stories is wrong.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Been riding for a few years now and i love it. Started off on dirt bikes and i was hooked from there. Iv got my street licence last year, and im currently on my P's. Come early next year will be on my full and will be able to ride bigger bikes on the street finally. I currently own a Kawasaki 2011 KX450f, and a 2012 Ninja 250R.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    been riding for 8 years. sold my last one a year ago. with hope to buy another after i get my housing situation locked down :)
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    Got my license this year for my birthday. I ride a Harley 883. I've riden for years as a passenger with my husband but thought it was time venture out on my own bike. Now he gets to look at my butt while we ride. :wink:
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    this is my current ride, 1981 gl1100. converting it to a cafe racer/custom. i do all my own work, from seat shaving and recovering, to motor/chassis/suspension mods.
    945092_589455317740252_947448292_n.jpg

and here is my local riding group. we are 400+ members strong and even have a couple fellow members on here with me.
    376912_476477655704686_2141846451_n.jpg
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    this is my current ride, 1981 gl1100. converting it to a cafe racer/custom. i do all my own work, from seat shaving and recovering, to motor/chassis/suspension mods.
    945092_589455317740252_947448292_n.jpg

and here is my local riding group. we are 400+ members strong and even have a couple fellow members on here with me.
    CAM00443.jpg

Nice! I have an '86 1200 in my garage that is a project bike, but I'm not sure I'll ever get to it. I was thinking about stripping it down and making a cruiser out of it vs the big touring bike it is now.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    thanks. it took me forever to get these pics to post. it wouldnt post them in any normal forums posting style. tried straight from my photobucket and all it kept showing was that i had moved or deleted the pics...

as for the gl, it now has superbike low bars, and i have the extra trimmed cafe seat ready to recover and ill be picking up the material today to do that. new paint(done by me also) will be soon. still trying to decide exactly scheme im going with, but im leaning towards an old WW1/2 tank theme. since the bike is a rolling tank, lol....
  • Oliver1967
    Oliver1967 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love to ride. But only as a passenger, My husband has a 2005 HD Road King. We ride almost every weekend. Quess not this weekend due to all the rain from to Andrea.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    Ride every chance I get - Harley CVO Roadglide, BSA Victor 441, Suzuki GT750, Suzuki TS250, and two Honda XR100 bikes for the kids.