Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    welcome 2pg900!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...no work-out today, I need to go and get quotes on the car damage and start that ball rolling. Sometimes "stress" can help me reduce my appetite, so I'll take it! And, even if it doesn't - I will be out-and-about which tends to move the time quicker.

Hope my boss hurries up, comes in, sees me, and then I can sneak out and run the car damage errands, lol.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps- good luck with the car damage quote. I've been through that before- no fun!

I did make it to the gym this morning. Good work out overall. I do have to say that I am tired though. It's very wet and rainy here today. Would have been a good day to stay home and sleep in. Darn Work!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Car is going in for repairs on Monday - will have a loaner 'til repairs are done. Yes, now the "negotiation" with the airport valet on the "compensation" for the time-sucker this has/is being.

KellySue - I would LOVE a "sleep in" day! Anyday would be awesome. My circadian rhythym just NEVER co-operates, thought. Come 6:00 am, I'm up whether it's Tuesday or Sunday. Blast it!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    KellySue - I would LOVE a "sleep in" day! Anyday would be awesome. My circadian rhythym just NEVER co-operates, thought. Come 6:00 am, I'm up whether it's Tuesday or Sunday. Blast it!

Beeps, I actually have the same problem. Usually by 6:00-6:30 I'm up for the day.
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids!

It has been a very, very busy and different kind of week. Day 6 of Whole30 challenge and doing great! No additional craziness (apart from the usual amount), eating has gotten a lot easier now that I know protein, fat, carb every meal. I have tried a few recipes from paleOMG adjusting to be Whole30 instead of just paleo and they have worked pretty good. The best part...I've lost 3lbs as of yesterday :) Worst part...been having the weirdest and scariest dreams ever, yuck!

Took a break from the gym yesterday to relieve some of the inflammation from lifting 3 days in a row (my knees were killing me), but will be back tonight.

Beeps - i did like the turkish get ups, although I agree with you form is a most. Made me realize I need to work on my left side dexterity, since I'm right handed it was a lot easier to do on my right, no so much my on my left. Lucky for me my trainer at CrossFit works closely with me to get the form just right.

To all the newbies, welcome! and to all, have a wonderful not too soggy rest of the weekend!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, only just found this thread. Great to find a place for the over 40s :)
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I just saw this thread also. I have been back and forth on this site for about a year, but this time I am determined to reach my goal of not only an appropriate weight but also a full lifestyle change. I turned 40 at 310 pounds, I turn 42 in two months and I dont want to be 300 at all. at 288 this morning, 230 is the goal. I know I will not be there in two months but I just hope im well on my way.
  • Barbsunshine
    Barbsunshine Posts: 398
    Options
    Hey! I've been on MFP for 100+ days now and just found this thread :smile: So nice to read others posts and be able to relate with the struggles and success!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    rolling this thread....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For those of you here on mfp who are >40, this is a "chat forum" where you can feel COMFORTABLE with the fitness/nutrition goals that YOU HOLD DEAR!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    newbeg1ning - great to hear the trainers at crossfit make you concentrate on FORM. That's totally awesome!

Today, I lift!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Friday all!- Today is a rest day since I didn't get one on Wednesday. It was also a Jake day! He's my most favorite, handsome boy ever! He's getting so big- It's hard to believe he's 5 1/2 months already it seems like it wasn't too long ago that I was sitting in the hospital with his mommy getting her ready to go home.

I will be at the gym tomorrow at some point!! Looking forward to it. I think it helps me to stay sane sometimes since work has been absolutely crazy this week!

Have a good day all!
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Beeps!

Hope your car issues get straightened out. In April an ininsured guy ran a red light and my wife & I hit him at 50mph. That's been fun. Then we replaced that TSX wagon (family car) with a 2014 Grand Cherokee in Mid April and it has now been in the shop four times (shut off WHILE DRIVING once, brought back, fixed, shut off again while driving, brought back, fixed, transmission issue, brought back, fixed, transmission issue again -- three weeks at dealer this last go-around). Under 1000 miles, 300 or so put on by the dealer testing the car. We have had it maybe ten days since April and I'm about to make my third payment on it if you can believe it.

Car issues suck. They really drain ya. Hope it all works out.
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 46 and would like to join. :smile:
    5'8.5 / 175cm
    150lbs / 68kg
    I am trying to lose last 10 -15 pounds and feel a bit lost with all the conflicting opinions. Eat this, don't eat this, burn this much, eat it back, eat half of it back, don't eat 1200cals........
    OMG!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Kelly Sue - sounds like a wonderful time with your little "man" - AWESOME!

spg900 - THAT SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I used to own a Jeep, which I TOTALLY LOVED, but my husband used to refer to it as "the lemon" given how many issues it had. I *still* loved it!

Tanana - we're almost "twins". I'm 44, 5'8" (or 5'8.5" - depends on who measures me when!) and I'm 144 lbs. HIT THE WEIGHTS - there, that's my opinion.

I hit the weights, today. BOOM!
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I love it when the trainers wipe the floor with me....I'm so whipped that I can't get off the floor, let alone to the locker room or to my car! I love how we love working out - and DEFINITELY YES to keeping a check on form....so important!
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kelly Sue - sounds like a wonderful time with your little "man" - AWESOME!

spg900 - THAT SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I used to own a Jeep, which I TOTALLY LOVED, but my husband used to refer to it as "the lemon" given how many issues it had. I *still* loved it!

Tanana - we're almost "twins". I'm 44, 5'8" (or 5'8.5" - depends on who measures me when!) and I'm 144 lbs. HIT THE WEIGHTS - there, that's my opinion.

You look fab! When I get down to 144 lbs I'll post a pic of myself in a bikini. :)
    Agree, I should lift more. At the moment I work once a week with trainer - 30 min of metabolic exercises - squats with curl, lunges, crunches with flys, etc with 5kg dumbbells. Once a week I do the same on my own. (That is not all but the rest is cardio - I also do zumba 4x, 4.5m walks 5x, badminton 2-3x, run 5k 1-2x)
    When you say hit the weights do you mean seriously heavy stuff?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Oh yes, I mean seriously heavy stuff. Don't ever pick up a dumbbell that is as small as the ones you're doing AGAIN! (Well, excepting triceps and some other arm movements....).

I gave up most of my cardio after 25+ years in order to MAKE time for weight-training.

Changed my world.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Met with the trainer today and started to go over some basic free weight stuff. Trying to strengthen my chest and shoulder areas as both are very weak. It was definitely different to have to concentrate on being more controlled in my movements. I can definitely feel it though!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was fair. I didn't get in any exercise yesterday as I ran out of time due to too many household chores to be done, and a lawn mower that didn't want to start so I could mow the "weed field" I call my lawn. (very little grass, but tons of weeds) :grumble: