Turbo Fire Challenge!!! Join Me

Options

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hi All,
    I happened to find this site and saw the Turbo Fire board. Hope you don't mind me jumping on the bandwagon, but figured this would be a good way to stay motivated and hold myself accountable. I did 1 round of CLX a few months ago and really liked it. I totally felt myself getting stronger. It was the 1st program I actually stuck with to the end. Did BBL for a couple months and now I'm moving onto Turbo Fire! I finished the 5 Day Inferno last week. I just started the 12 week plan on Monday. I LOVE this program!! It's tough and totally kicks my a**, but I like the challenge of pushing myself to do more (as Chalene says). I know I'll stick with this too. After I complete the 12 weeks, I'm planning on doing the TF/CLX hybrid. I'm taking it one challenge at a time. :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sas! Turbo Fire is great! Taday is my rest day...going to enjoy it and "push play" tomorrow with a HIIT 20 workout.
  • sumer_13
    sumer_13 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Everyone sure is working the fire!! Starting 4th week... still loving the workouts.. awesome.. 45 ez on monday, yesterday Hitt 20 and 30 fire class. Today rest day.. keep pp.. we will all have some amazing results.. have a great hump day..
  • sas16
    Options
    Thanks, Amanda!

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I'm pushing the workouts up since I'm going away for the weekend and want to get in what I can. Going to visit a friend who is also trying to get fit/healthy but struggling a bit. I'm hoping I can help get her motivated. I offered to be a workout buddy for her for the weekend. Not sure she's up for the Fire just yet, so maybe a long brisk walk or something like that.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 but was pressed for time so I did hiit 15 even though there's not hiit in this section. It's crazy how much I sweat in my sleep after going hard on the hiit! I'm not sure I can stay away from it for 4 weeks. I didn't like the sculpt 30 DVD, it was good for then upper body, ESP the biceps, but I felt nothing in my lower body. Plus I hate resistance bands cause they scratch against my skin. I think I will continue using Jillian michaels and brazilian butt lift for toning, thank you very much!

Welcome sas!!!!! Have fun on your visit - friends who help one get fit are the very best kind, so you are awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • shimacrema
    Options
    Day 3 of the inferno. 961 calories gone!!

Shima
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    HIIT 20 today. I think that is my fav HIIT. Did that and the Sculpt 30. It's amazing how many calories you burn doing Sculpt 30 after a HIIT workout.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Thinking about doing Inferno next week. I'm four weeks into the schedule, it might be a good time to throw it in there. I go to the beach the next week for a few days. Might be a good way to shed a few before having to put on a bathing suit.
  • sas16
    Options
    @ cutmd...Thanks! I'm going to do what I can to help her out.

Today was Fire 55EZ. That one is so long. I'm still stumbling with some of the choreography but I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I'm definitely tired by the end of it. I've pushed up the workouts so I don't miss anything. My goal is to do Fire 30 & Core 20 early tomorrow morning so that I have completed my week's workouts. CRAZY!! But my rest will be over the weekend since I'll be out of town. I plan on being workout buddy for my friend, but I know I won't be doing anything as intense as TF. Only been a couple of weeks, but already addicted. Gotta have my Turbo!!! I'll follow the reg schedule when I get back.

Not sure if I'll be back online before I leave tomorrow, so hope you all have a great weekend! Keep the Fire burnin'!! :happy:
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So my hiatus and TOM have left me feeling seriously exhausted andwith frequent migraines this week. I am sure this is just a fluke but I haven't been able to get the workouts in. I just wanted an opinion from all of my TurboFire peeps if I should just restart from the begining of the schedule since I was only a few weeks in or pick up from where I left off in the schedule??
    I was at the 3 week mark but I'm really not sure what is the best at this point.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Good morning all...switched 55 EZ with Fire 45 today...don't really have time during the week for the 45 min much less 55....well that and 45 is my favorite....I love it.
  • cutmd
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So my hiatus and TOM have left me feeling seriously exhausted andwith frequent migraines this week. I am sure this is just a fluke but I haven't been able to get the workouts in. I just wanted an opinion from all of my TurboFire peeps if I should just restart from the begining of the schedule since I was only a few weeks in or pick up from where I left off in the schedule??
    I was at the 3 week mark but I'm really not sure what is the best at this point.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. I think it's up to you, but since the second month has no hiit it's less intense. So if you feel much better and really want the maximum benefit you should start over. Or if you're still feeling kinda punky it might be better to continue on with the lighter stuff. Hope you're doing well :flowerforyou:

Amanda I love to sneak in fire 45 when I can. If I've scheduled 2 workouts for the day (like TF with strength training), I use fire 45 as the reward, which is hilarious cause I sweat buckets and gasp for air the whole time :laugh:
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. I think it's up to you, but since the second month has no hiit it's less intense. So if you feel much better and really want the maximum benefit you should start over. Or if you're still feeling kinda punky it might be better to continue on with the lighter stuff. Hope you're doing well :flowerforyou:

Amanda I love to sneak in fire 45 when I can. If I've scheduled 2 workouts for the day (like TF with strength training), I use fire 45 as the reward, which is hilarious cause I sweat buckets and gasp for air the whole time :laugh:

WHAT?? I start month 2 on Monday, I haven't looked at it...NO HIIT...well I'll just have to fix that...lol I love the HIIT workouts
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Today was a month of Turbo Fire. I lost 4.7 lbs and 9.25". I feel really good about that since I missed a few workouts because of a knee injury and laziness on a few Saturdays (like yesterday).
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    Got my TF late last week and did a couple of the workouts over this weekend. It's fun! I have trouble with some of the choreography, but I'm sure I'll pick it up.
    Starting the Inferno tomorrow as I am going on vacation starting next weekend, so I thought it would be a bonus to complete it right before I hit the beach.
    I'm glad to have found this group for advice and support!
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
  • cutmd
    Options
    Today was a month of Turbo Fire. I lost 4.7 lbs and 9.25". I feel really good about that since I missed a few workouts because of a knee injury and laziness on a few Saturdays (like yesterday).

Wow, great job!!!! :happy:

I felt lazy yesterday too but once I di the warmup I was happy
  • Amandac6772
    Options

Wow, great job!!!! :happy:

I felt lazy yesterday too but once I di the warmup I was happy

lol I made up for my laziness today with a HIIT 20 and Fire 45...whoot whoot!!! I was exhausted. 10 days to the beach...gotta work it!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Starting month two of Turbo Fire. I did Fire 55 EZ this morning. This has not been one of my favorites but the more I do it the more I like it. It was a 400 calorie burn today...have to get the intensity up. My arms just really wear out with these long workouts and I find myself, as Chalene says "dogging it".
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

WAY TO GO!!!
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Guys I just started TurboFire and I feel so discouraged :( It was my first day. Fire 30. Seemed easy, but I could only do 15 minutes of it before my chest felt really tight and I had to stop or I wouldn't have been able to breath. What the?!?!?! I'm thinking maybe I have to work on my breathing? Eat more? I don't know but this better get better because I had the energy to finish the workout but just couldn't because of the tightness in my chest. Bummer :(