Anyone else boycott....

Options
Karrie262
Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
...fast food restaurants? I've been fast food free for YEARS now.

The only way we can make change is with our wallets :)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I get not going there if you don't like it, but what are you trying to change? the existence of fast food?

I don't often eat it, but I'd rather live in a world where it was available than a world which dictated that it wasn't, for my own good. People need to take MORE responsibility for themselves, not less.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep,,, we have never ever ate out,,, hubs and I love to cook, we stay at home,
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    No
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well said Alatariel75!
  • Lady_Kaye12566
    Options
    I find that it is very hard to eat out anywhere now that I am on a low calorie diet, fast food or not.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    cryingmcdonald.gif
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It's not that I boycott them, I just have no interest in consuming their products.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I don't boycott them..just choose not to eat at these places
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    No boycotting here...often my saving grace when we're on the run. With that being said, there are certain places we don't visit.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

images-7_zps11db4fb9.jpeg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Actually, now I think of it, there are a couple fast food chains I boycott, but nothing to do with their food, more what they do with their political funding and public influence.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

OMG, that looks delicious! I think I know what I'm having for lunch!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid Nestlé as I don't approve of some of their marketing strategies in poor communities (dressing salespeople as doctors, giving away just enough free samples so that mothers' milk has dried up and they can't go back, etc), so I'd rather boycott Skinny Cow (which Nestlé own, at least in the UK) than McDonald's.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    No, I eat fast food when I want fast food. Usually the result of a fry craving. If I want a burger, there are better places around to grab one than the "typical" fast food places.

Speaking of which, In n Out sounds delicious right now.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

This^^

That being said I tend not to eat them that much. I don't find them particularly enjoyable (unless I'm three sheets to the wind). I'd much prefer a well baked carrot cake, glass of red wine, or seared ahi on top of sea weed salad than a burger that's advertised well but that I just don't find all that delicious.
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There's so much crap going on in the world, but people spend their time boycotting fast food restaurants. Try channeling your energy to help a worthy cause.
    Seriously. watch the news. I'm sure you'll find something actually important to keep you occupied.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

That being said I tend not to eat them that much. I don't find them particularly enjoyable (unless I'm three sheets to the wind). I'd much prefer a well baked carrot cake, glass of red wine, or seared ahi on top of sea weed salad than a burger that's advertised well but that I just don't find all that delicious.

My favorite hangover food used to be those greasier than **** 2 for .99 tacos from Jack in the Box.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Nope. There are times that I do eat there and I'm picky about what I eat. However, I won't go to Starbucks because of their refusing to back our troops. That's more important to me.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    McDonalds sucks
    Burger King sucks
    Wendys.. meh
    Rallys is good
    Qdoba/Chipotle has my love and my wallet.

The ones that I dislike, rarely gets a visit from me. I might to there if I'm extremely hungry and nothing else is around. But I would never boycott them. They support local communities. They provide jobs. They provide service that is needed (and from the sounds of it, loved by many).

The boycott will only matter if their product sucks. In terms of fitness, if their product wasn't worth the calories people simply wouldn't eat it.

Few years back burger king CEO made a decision NOT to market their salads and "healthier products" but rather invest more in their burgers and other "unhealthy" products. This decision got burger king out of a big jam they were in. They know their customers and there is nothing wrong with it. Its the same with Subway too. They have a market they target. Its business and its profit. Profit is NOT an ugly word since that profit brings salaries to many.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    ...fast food restaurants? I've been fast food free for YEARS now.

The only way we can make change is with our wallets :)

Nope. I enjoy a little fried goodness every once in awhile and was planning on a burger and fries for lunch today. And guess what? I am going to go through the drive-thru at a fast food place to get it. :bigsmile: