Anyone else boycott....

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

images-7_zps11db4fb9.jpeg

This^^

That being said I tend not to eat them that much. I don't find them particularly enjoyable (unless I'm three sheets to the wind). I'd much prefer a well baked carrot cake, glass of red wine, or seared ahi on top of sea weed salad than a burger that's advertised well but that I just don't find all that delicious.

This..all of it ^
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How will I fix my constipation problems without Taco Bell? :o
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

"Chinese"?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    No, Its convenient. Without Fast Food, we'd be forced to make all of our own food.
    Im much too lazy for that.
    Fast Food is also considered Salad Bars @ Markets, Cafeteria Style Foods, Gyros, Pizza places etc. So think about that as well.
  • LonLB
    Options
    There are good choices at fast food restaurants.

This backfired on you the first time why pull this **** again?
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nope- as a broke college kid, fast food is often what's available. You don't have to get the greasiest, most calorie stuffed thing on the menu. I usually get something like a grilled chicken wrap and yogurt. (Totaling to less than 500 cal.)

Don't like fast food, don't eat it. It's very nice that you have the privilege of having the time and money to make all your food from home. Not everyone does.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nope. There are times that I do eat there and I'm picky about what I eat. However, I won't go to Starbucks because of their refusing to back our troops. That's more important to me.

You are misinformed. They provide support in the form of product to troops on deployment all the time.
    http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/starbucks2.htm
    In addition to their national programs, I was able to work with my local Starbucks to get discounted VIA for my care packages sent to friends deployed in Afghanistan.

Always check out things you hear in forwarded emails. I'd guess the accuracy rate is close to zero.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Mmmmm....taco bell....
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nope. There are times that I do eat there and I'm picky about what I eat. However, I won't go to Starbucks because of their refusing to back our troops. That's more important to me.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

Not. True. They send coffee to the troops in Afghanistan, and I have rarely seen a soldier pay for his own coffee at Starbucks. If you're going to boycott, at least know the truth.

And Target is not a French-owned company either. *face palm*
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

images-7_zps11db4fb9.jpeg

This^^

That being said I tend not to eat them that much. I don't find them particularly enjoyable (unless I'm three sheets to the wind). I'd much prefer a well baked carrot cake, glass of red wine, or seared ahi on top of sea weed salad than a burger that's advertised well but that I just don't find all that delicious.

This..all of it ^

I, too, am Holier Than Thou. It is about so much more than the food! These companies are running your life, and ruining many other's lives. You can chose to ignore it if you want, and call people names, too. SOMEBODY will be standing up for what's right. When are you going to wake up?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

I, too, am Holier Than Thou. It is about so much more than the food! These companies are running your life, and ruining many other's lives. You can chose to ignore it if you want, and call people names, too. SOMEBODY will be standing up for what's right. When are you going to wake up?

Uh what? :huh:
  • katiedid1226
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

EXACTLY.
  • LonLB
    Options
    I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
  • katiedid1226
    Options

Genetically modified chemical-laden foods....Yummm. Great choice. Wake up, people. This isn't food. This is a machine and you are the hamsters that keep the wheel turing. You don't benefit from this crap at all.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Genetically modified chemical-laden foods....Yummm. Great choice. Wake up, people. This isn't food. This is a machine and you are the hamsters that keep the wheel turing. You don't benefit from this crap at all.

Again.....uh what? :huh:
  • katiedid1226
    Options

Again.....uh what? :huh:

I can understand your ignorance if you in third grade. If you're older than that you need to google "nutrition".
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yeah.Kind of hard to hear without the soap box and tin foil hat.

tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I get not going there if you don't like it, but what are you trying to change? the existence of fast food?

I don't often eat it, but I'd rather live in a world where it was available than a world which dictated that it wasn't, for my own good. People need to take MORE responsibility for themselves, not less.

^^ This. Sorry OP, I don't think any more highly of you just because you boycott it. I'm happy for you that you feel a need to boycott it, but it's not detrimental to not have it anymore.

If you don't like fast food, feel free to live where they don't have it. I haven't had it recently, but every once in a while YES I eat it, and I bust my butt off working it off, and you know what? I'm still alive after eating it, as most people would be if they only ate it occasionally like you're suppose to.
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    I get not going there if you don't like it, but what are you trying to change? the existence of fast food?

I don't often eat it, but I'd rather live in a world where it was available than a world which dictated that it wasn't, for my own good. People need to take MORE responsibility for themselves, not less.

^^ This. Sorry OP, I don't think any more highly of you just because you boycott it. I'm happy for you that you feel a need to boycott it, but it's not detrimental to not have it anymore.

If you don't like fast food, feel free to live where they don't have it. I haven't had it recently, but every once in a while YES I eat it, and I bust my butt off working it off, and you know what? I'm still alive after eating it, as most people would be if they only ate it occasionally like you're suppose to.

So do you think less highly of OP?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of my favorite Garrison Keillor quote:

"The problem with a show of piety, is that the competition is open to everyone."