critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Eyes Wide Shut. Completely ended my love affair with Tom Cruise. Horrendous movie.
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How has no one mentioned Twilight yet?
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Saving private Ryan
    I wanted to jump in the screan and shoot him myself soi could go home!

Forrest Gump
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Well, they weren't exactly critically acclaimed. Rather the opposite, in fact :P
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well, they weren't exactly critically acclaimed. Rather the opposite, in fact :P
    Touché. However, they appeared to be outrageously popular with the general population, so I figured it fit. :P
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Titanic
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Drive
    The Thin Red Line
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    "Titanic" (the most recent) & "Gone With The Wind".

However, I'd rather read.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    People are probably going to hate me for this but Les Miserables. I've never seen the play, so I can't talk on what the differences are, but the movie itself was just so hyped like a year before it came out so I go in like "This is gonna be the best movie ever!" and come out like "What the heck did I just watch...two hours and forty minutes?! I want that time back."

The problem I had with it was that I've seen these actors before, I KNOW they can do better - I've even heard some of them sing before and it was like "What happened?!" The only ones that were pretty good at singing were the girl who played young Cosette, which she was just able to capture that innocence and sound like a little girl instead of a trained professional singer, which always sounds artificial coming out of a child. The other pretty good one was the guy who played Marius' friend - I think he wore red most of the time, died in the end (just like everyone else pretty much). And the only GREAT one was Samantha Barks as Eponine - she turned a fantastic performance. Everyone else was mediocre to awful (yes, I'm looking at you, Russell Crowe - how much crack were they on when they cast you?) even Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter, while their comedy was spot on, I've seen Sweeney Todd - they were both in it - so I know they can sing better than they did in Les Mis.

It wasn't per say, a horrible movie, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype for me.

I also agree with whoever said The Notebook and Titanic.
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    the remake of the Dukes of Hazard- shouldn't have messed with a good thing the original was better.
    Tooth Fairy- Duane Johnson aka The Rock doesn't make a good tooth fairy because the tooth fairy should've been a female.
    the remake of Footloose- why mess with an original.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Crash
    Traffic (I LOVED the UK version of Traffic (Traffik), it was brilliant.)
    Momento
    Titanic (laughing at this movie almost got be thrown out of the theater

Also, I don't hate Michael Mann movies, but I'd like to re-edit them to remove all the scenes involving the protagonist looking knowing off into the distance....it would knock the movie running times down to around 90minutes!
    Momento is one of my all time FAVORITE movies!
    I loved The Machinist, but my husband hated it.

Movies I have not liked- anything romanitic. (I usually just refuse to watch them though)
    and though I usually like Sci-Fi type movies , "Signs" was stupid.
  • lillith1991
    Options
    Elf! I do not know how anyone likes that movie. Its just.....no! Nypoleon dynamite drove me nuts. I hated it.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Kings Speech. AWFUL.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely second the 'Black Swan' vote.

Pretentious dross. But pretty good as an out and out comedy.

Oh my, forgot about that one. Ex dragged me to that while we were visiting her family in Texas. I fell asleep. Literally. And I love movies, so that's an accomplishment.
  • hautetheory
    Options
    I just saw these two two movies within the last month, and thought they were just terrible....

Gangs of New York

Silver Linings Playbook

I really wanted to like SLP.... I am from the Philly area, love the Eagles, and the premise of the movie sounded good to me. Gangs of New York just happened to be starting when I was flipping channels..... I couldn't watch after about 20 minutes. I think if I had continued to watch I might have called it the worst critically acclaimed movie ever.

I thought Gangs of New York was hilarious. Irish bloods and crips? With the do rags and everything? Funny as hell. GNY was the first movie my husband and I watched together just kicking back at my house and the jokes he made about the movie can still make me have a laugh attack for like 10 minutes. That's when I realized that he was funny as hell! Anyway, I thought it was a good movie. Just watched SLP and I thought that is was good. I normally hate Bradley Cooper and I thought he did a good job.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Flight - Denzel Washington (I never thought he could make a bad movie...but that was just horrible HORRIBLE)
    Argo - Ben Affleck (sorry, many loved it, I could not get into it!)
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I HATE Napoleon Dynamite.
    WHY and HOW can people find it funny or entertaining?
    I hated this the first time I watched it then I watched it again and loved it!!!!!!!! ive seen it a lot now!!!!!!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I HATE Napoleon Dynamite.
    WHY and HOW can people find it funny or entertaining?

You're just jealous because I've been chatting online with hot babes all day long.

:D
    lmao !!!!!!!!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    War of the Roses. To this day I still can not see why people loved it.:noway:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Titanic -most boring movie EVER!