critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Brokeback Mountain. It was bleeding boring!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Kings Speech. AWFUL.

I haven't seen it, because the trailer made me want to punch the screen. not a good sign.
    That is one of my all-time favorite movies. I liked it more than I thought I would.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Older films but...

Bridges of Madison County
    Out of Africa

Both were incredibly boring - the only thing that saved them was the great cinematography.
  • feral_teddybear
    feral_teddybear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Napoleon Dynamite - just looked horrible, and once it came out got tired of people imitating it.
    Titanic - Just annoy's me. Only thing good was the band Gaelic Storm aka the band that plays as the ship sinks.
    Braveheart - Insulting and mockery to some of us who are Scottish.
  • gettinfit320
    gettinfit320 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Older films but...

Bridges of Madison County
    Out of Africa

Both were incredibly boring - the only thing that saved them was the great cinematography.

I LOVED out of Africa - but it WAS the cinematography ---saw it at the theater - large screen....Wow --- just beautiful...especially the airplane scene flying over the shore....awesome!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Fast and furious series.....rendiculous
  • sash3619
    sash3619 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    'Pulp Fiction': saw it and couldn't figure out why so many people raved about it so I went to see it AGAIN (I do try to be open-minded) and still came to the same conclusion. Lame. Have seen several Tarantino flicks and feel that each one is worse than the last. The only one I liked was 'Natural Born Killers' and I think that was written by Tarantino but directed by Oliver Stone.

IMHO...Tarantino is overrated and uses gratuitous violence for shock value just to get people talking to drum up publicity. Ho hum, how dull. As a viewer, I don't care to be played like that. :yawn:

Blasphemy!
    I know right?
    Agreed. Tarantino is on my auto-buy. He is brilliant in writing dialogues.

Titanic - boring and over-dramatic
    Pedro Almodovar’s films are hit and miss for me. Some of them are masterpieces but I didn't get Kika, Dark Habits, Volver and few others.
    Girl with a Dragon Tattoo (US) - I didn't care for it probably because I saw the original version from Sweden first and I thought it was so much better than US version.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Pulp Fiction is top 5 movies of all time. If you didnt get it, you were born in the smart phone era where nothing is thoughtful or artistic. Live with that.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Pulp Fiction is top 5 movies of all time. If you didnt get it, you were born in the smart phone era where nothing is thoughtful or artistic. Live with that.

tumblr_m42umyxXFF1qjemo2o1_500.gif
  • DarthGibbles89
    DarthGibbles89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Titanic, Avatar, and Life of Pi.

All were horribly overrated imo.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Cast Away - with that stupid volleyball named Wilson. I tried to sleep through it, but the dude behind me kept kicking my seat. It was agonizingly long, slow and boring...
  • DarthGibbles89
    DarthGibbles89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anything with Tom Cruise - - -

YES!! Finally someone else gets it! XD
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The Wizard of Oz!!! Horrible!

Most recently The Great Gatsby....pure torture!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    People are probably going to hate me for this but Les Miserables. I've never seen the play, so I can't talk on what the differences are, but the movie itself was just so hyped like a year before it came out so I go in like "This is gonna be the best movie ever!" and come out like "What the heck did I just watch...two hours and forty minutes?! I want that time back."

The problem I had with it was that I've seen these actors before, I KNOW they can do better - I've even heard some of them sing before and it was like "What happened?!" The only ones that were pretty good at singing were the girl who played young Cosette, which she was just able to capture that innocence and sound like a little girl instead of a trained professional singer, which always sounds artificial coming out of a child. The other pretty good one was the guy who played Marius' friend - I think he wore red most of the time, died in the end (just like everyone else pretty much). And the only GREAT one was Samantha Barks as Eponine - she turned a fantastic performance. Everyone else was mediocre to awful (yes, I'm looking at you, Russell Crowe - how much crack were they on when they cast you?) even Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter, while their comedy was spot on, I've seen Sweeney Todd - they were both in it - so I know they can sing better than they did in Les Mis.

It wasn't per say, a horrible movie, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype for me.

I also agree with whoever said The Notebook and Titanic.

I agree on Les Mis. I read somewhere that the director had some crazy idea that he needed the singing to be "live and raw". I just wish they'd recorded in the studio like a normal musical, so it would have been cleaned up and made to sound good like Phantom of the Opera. I cringed the whole way through Les Mis. The singing was awful!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Good Will Hunting. I fell asleep in the theater about 45 minutes in.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    django unchained...last half hour was a nightmare, i couldnt get out of the theatre fast enough!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Vicky Christina Barcelona. Pretentious, dull crap.

I know there are others on the hate list, but that's one of the few i couldn't even sit through all the way.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    As my own rule of thumb, for movies that are based on books, I try to read the book(s) before I watch the movie.

Don't judge a book by it's movie.

The Dark Night Rises ruined batman. Bane... BRITISH!!!!
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Titanic. There was enough room on the EXPLETIVE door for both of them! EXPLETIVE!

Edit: MORE EXPLETIVE!
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Halloween...
    I was excited to see it since it was very popular and 'scary' in it's time. But I was SO BORED! I thought it would get better, but it just didn't! :laugh: I understand that scary movies from then and now are totally different, but still, I didn't see the appeal at all!!