Anyone else boycott....

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food, but I'm not doing it for any moral or political reasons. I just don't eat unhealthy crap that stinks bad, tastes like garbage and makes me feel sick. In fact, just passing by some of those places the smell turns my stomach. :sick:
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i have friends who work at mcdonalds.... I help support their paychecks.... plus free nuggets or premium snack wrap is super awesome.. so no. I dont boycott fast food.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to go out shopping now and maybe even buy some gear at Sports Authority and then grab some fast food at Panda Express or Burger King.

I had the same thought earlier. I'm gonna buy all my workout clothes at Sports Authority. Then for lunch I'm gonna get my favorite Famous Star from Carls Junior, with a bacon cheddar fries from jack in the box, and then a frosty from Wendy's to wash it all down. Then for dessert I'll get some crispy cinnamon thingies from Taco Bell. Should be epic. Then I will wait to die. In my new workout gear.
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love chipotle to much to give it up plus when i was showing horses fast food was better than fair food.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to go out shopping now and maybe even buy some gear at Sports Authority and then grab some fast food at Panda Express or Burger King.

I had the same thought earlier. I'm gonna buy all my workout clothes at Sports Authority. Then for lunch I'm gonna get my favorite Famous Star from Carls Junior, with a bacon cheddar fries from jack in the box, and then a frosty from Wendy's to wash it all down. Then for dessert I'll get some crispy cinnamon thingies from Taco Bell. Should be epic. Then I will wait to die. In my new workout gear.

You're going to die so much. Probably dead now actually by planning it.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sort of? I can go months without, but I do find them nice for junk-food snacks. I'm not much for them as meals (tried KFC last week for the first time in probably 2+ years, my dogs ended up with about 80% of my meal, just can't handle it) but every now and then I want french fries without cooking them myself and some of them have the perfect sodas. Mm! I love a cherry coke ; )

I don't think fast food chains are in and of themselves bad or evil, but too many people look to them to provide too much! I remember watching some documentary on Netflix about how this family couldn't afford healthy food, but showed them spending about $16 at a drive-thru for breakfast. I can feed my family a nice, healthy, quick breakfast for less than $5, and there are 5 of us. I counted up the cash that went into a nice Teriyaki dinner I made one night and it was like $7.50. Price definitely deters me.
  • teenXidle
    teenXidle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love how sassy everyone on this thread is. YES. night made.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't boycott fast food places. A few times a month I go to McDonalds and get a snack size M&M McFlurry. 300 calories. If I have the calories left over, I get it.

I just bought my Wendy's USO card. The profits benefit the USO which benefits our soldiers overseas. I'm all for that. You make a purchase at Wendy's and using your USO card you get a free Frosty. Usually I take my kids and we all get Frostys. 300 calories. And right now .50 of each Frosty goes to the Dave Thomas charity for adoption. Another great cause.

It's a win-win. I get a treat (all within my calorie goal) and I'm helping other people.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    In fact, just passing by some of those places the smell turns my stomach. :sick:

Ooohhh I love the smell of greasy fries when I drive by. I'm serious.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I eat at Chipotle a lot...A LOT...and Jimmy John's too...

I sincerely hope your wallet doesn't destroy either of these places...

...or I will haz a sad.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food occasionally because there is nothing wrong with it. I don't see anything that needs changing so no, I will not be doing any boycotting of any fast food places.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Today the fast food mind control agents tried getting me to eat at McDonalds. Sneaky, sneaky. It's a good thing I wear my tinfoil hat everywhere I go these days.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I prefer whole, fresh foods. Fast food does not offer this - even their 'healthy' options are processed..
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ...fast food restaurants? I've been fast food free for YEARS now.

The only way we can make change is with our wallets :)

Yeah. Keep fighting the good fight.

tumblr_mi1me64v9d1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

did you see him shape shift??
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonald's food maybe once a year. I do eat pizza and I'm considering trying a place called the Shake Shack, but it has high quality hamburgers. The junk is in the shakes, which I hear are great. I go to Ben and Jerry's now and then....

I guess I'm not boycotting junk food. But it's not every day.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    But where would I get my large diet coke for a buck? I'm mean c'mon.....:frown:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I boycott when the service is atrocious and the cleanliness is questionable
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I love McDonald's. I'll admit it. I don't give a *kitten*. That's how badass I am. Yeah, I know it's bad for me. I still love it. I just don't go there often because it's bad for me.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I love me some whole foods, too!

Whole Burger

Burger_King_Whopper.jpg

Whole Frosty

wendys-frosty.jpg

Whole Tacos

Taco-Bell-tacos-no-beef-meat.jpg

Whole Pizza

pepperoni-pizza.jpg
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    In n out that's what a hamburger's all about.....ah crap now I got that diddy in my head....