Progress Pics! -50 pounds!

Options
laughingdani
laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
So, I have been putting off posting progress pics for a while. I promised myself and MFP friends I would post them @ 50 pounds lost...so here goes! First up, the dreaded before pics!
142597_5204.jpg

This next one is the one that made me want to REALLY do something. My mom took this pic at a party and tagged me in it on Facebook. I was mortified!!!!
142597_7990.jpg

The first time I started feeling good about the way my body looked...also around the time others started to notice a difference in the way I looked.
142597_1183.jpg

Here's a pic with me wearing those damn khaki pants from the (2nd) before pic! They were a size 18!!! I got rid of those things the day I took this pic!!
142597_1690.jpg

This is me after my 3rd 5k this year in June! I weighed about 177 in this one I think! I also place 5th in my division at this race! I was amazed!
142597_3257.jpg

The day I got reacquainted with my collar bones!
142597_3344.jpg

The last 3 were all taken this morning! I am wearing my new Zumba shirt that my instructor gave me last night for all my hard work and dedication.
l_f70a3e14fdb2466eb4d751b14dcb873c.jpg

Side view!!
l_91128f8d8cdb4540bfddf281cbd93608.jpg

Showing off the guns!! Courtesy of the 100 Push-Up Challenge!
l_7df1d89195e44a7286d2dfde377817d4.jpg

My only secret is do this for YOU!! You cannot wait for someone else to do it for you! I was a member on this site for a year before I finally figured that out this January. The best thing of all is I have done this without stepping foot in a gym. When I run, I go to the park and run laps. I do Zumba at a local dance studio, where I am now helping to co-teach. At home I love to do Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" and Billy Blanks kicks my butt in his "Billy's Boot Camp" DVD's.

I still have about 29 pounds to go to get to my goal weight. My goal right now is to get to 135 by November. That would put me in a healthy weight range; I am 5'2. As of today I have lost a total of 51 lbs and I weigh 164; which puts me in the overweight category out of the obese category for the first time in my life in 5 years. I am in a size 10 pants right now and those are getting loose quickly!

I want to take the time to thank all my friends here on MFP who have stuck by my side through thick and thin...literally. And never hesitate to give an encouraging word if need be. I only hope that you all can say the same about me as well!
More pics when I get to goal weight!

--LaughingDani:laugh:

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! No doubt you will reach your goals!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Someone is feeling pretty good about them self! As you should! Look at those poses! Heehee!
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look great! This encourages the rest of us on this weight loss journey since it is a slow process.
    1591753.png
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great pics. An inspiration to others who think it will never happen to them. IT WILL - just keep at it.
    Thanks for the pics and keep up the good work
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you really look amazing! I also just hit my 50 pounds lost and it is invigorating! I also have a little more to lose to fall in to a healthy weight range. You have definitely got the right idea, DO IT FOR YOU and NO ONE else! Keep up all your great work and I wish you the best of luck hitting your final goal!

BTW, what's the 100 push up challenge? Your arms look great and I've been really working on mine....:smile:
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    You really look fantastic young lady ,good for you!!!!!!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Look at you! Someone is feeling pretty good about them self! As you should! Look at those poses! Heehee!
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks everyone!
    I had to strike a few poses! I definitely got my confidence back through all this!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I was feeling lazy to go for my walk today! But now after looking at your pics, I am so inspired :)
    Thanks for the pics! Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The changes are amazing! Love the collar bone pictures. I can't wait to see mine again. YOU are AWESOME and have inspired us ALL with these pics! It can be done. You say you still have more to go but SO FAR SO GREAT!!!!!!!!
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow go you! You look fabulous!
  • RhondaSmith2014
    RhondaSmith2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great I am just now getting back on the bandwagon, and your pics are inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    Looking great!!!!! good job!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing! What a transformation! :flowerforyou:
  • sativo8339
    sativo8339 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic work. You will in no doubt succeed in reaching your goal. We all find our inspiration somewhere and I am so glad that you have been able to keep this up for so long. Truly life changing! Way to go!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Thanks for sharing pictures and ALSO thanks for saying that you had to be on MFP for awhile before it clicked for you. I am still figuring it out (the discipline of how not to eat the crap, not the way the site or weight loss actually works). Congratulations on how far you've come and best of luck going the rest of the way!
  • laughingdani
    Options

BTW, what's the 100 push up challenge? Your arms look great and I've been really working on mine....:smile:
    oooh! You have to try it! www.hundredpushups.com
    It is a 6 week program where you do about 5 sets of push-ups 3 days a week.
    By the end you are supposed to be able to do 100 consecutive push-ups. Even if you can barely do 5 in the beginning.
    I was barely able to do 10 "girly" push-ups when I started. I just finished the final week, this week. Haven't tried the 100 consecutive yet. You are supposed to rest for a while before you do.

Definitely check it out! You will surprise yourself. They also have a sit-ups challenge, which I am trying next. Also a squats challenge and a pull-up challenge coming soon!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. Amazing progress. Thank you for sharing this. I have been getting discouraged and slacking off lately, and this is motivation. I am 168 as of this morning and I want to be at 135, I know I can do it. I just have to push it. Thank you.
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! You look great!
    : )
  • lorriekay
    lorriekay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, ZUMBA IS A GREAT WORKOUT IVE BEEN GOING SINCE FEB 16-2010 ALONG WITH DIETING AND HAVE LOST 65 PDS KEEP UP YOUR HARD WORK
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    WOW - you are such an inspiration. I'm also 5'2 with a goal weight of 135.... hope to get where you are soon! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!