What is the best cereal?

Options
12346»

Replies

• bouchie11982
    bouchie11982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    careful when looking for cereals. they contain a lot of sugars. look for one that is 5 grams or less. also look for the amount of fiber and calories.
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I recommend switching off of cereal for breakfast. I stopped eating cereal and now I have smoothies for breakfast. I use Unsweetened Flax Milk for the omega 3's and it's also only 25 calories per cup. I add hemp protein, kale, banana, strawberries, kiwi, or whatever other fruit I have on hand.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats
    Love!!! But so easy to eat too many calories with that one! I also like Special K with protein.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I recommend switching off of cereal for breakfast. I stopped eating cereal and now I have smoothies for breakfast. I use Unsweetened Flax Milk for the omega 3's and it's also only 25 calories per cup. I add hemp protein, kale, banana, strawberries, kiwi, or whatever other fruit I have on hand.
    Why do you recommend switching off?
  • aehokanspn
    aehokanspn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean is my favorite, and it's also filling so I"m full until lunchtime.
  • JustCallMeTori
    JustCallMeTori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with Raisin Nut Bran or Frosted Mini Wheats, but sometimes those pesky Fruity Pebbles or Frosted Flakes sneak in my buggy.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    One serving of Cap'n Crunch gives me 35% of my daily iron. Many nights I reach for it instead of ice cream when I need to scratch my sweet/dairy itch.

The body only absorbs about 2% of the iron in any fortified food.

I would rather get my iron from a spinach salad and a grass fed steak.

Any food that has to be fortified with nutrients is not healthy to eat.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

I don't care about some professor that ate nothing but twinkies.

I don't eat to count calories or lose weight. I eat for HEALTH and NUTRITION ONLY. I eat to heal my body. The weight loss that comes with this is merely a side effect.

Therefore boxed, packaged, factory made food like items do not have a place in my house or in my body.
    So why even join the thread?

You talk about health and nutrition but you quote bacon and eggs. SMDH

There is absolutely nothing unhealthy about eating fresh bacon (not from a grocery store) and farm raised eggs over some factory made, non-nutritional food like substance that has to be fortified with nutrients the body will not even absorb.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Yes, I was going to say that, but I am too exhausted this evening to even debate the hate that comes from such a comment.

My comment wasn't hateful, it was an attempt at humour. If I had to choose the healthiest breakfast I could it would be 2 pastured eggs fried in butter from a grass fed cow alongside a few pieces of bacon also from pastured animals and a few ounces of raspberries. The question, however, was about cereal not breakfast.

I didn't take your comment as hateful............I was saying I didn't want to debate with others if I would have stated that comment.

As my Dietician and Doctor state........people need to wake up to what we have been told is healthy and get with the program.

I was merely letting the OP know that if she thinks she is eating for health, she is not.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I love all cereal, but for healthy ones I really like the great grains protein blends.

But I also love chocolate ceareal and peanut butter ceareal and cereal with marshmellows lol
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bear Naked Vanilla Almond Crunch Granola. Best. Cereal. Ever.

Per 1/4 cup:

120 Calories
    2.5g Fat
    22g Carbs
    2g Fiber
    4g Sugar
    4g Protein
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    :D Honey Bunches of Oats!! with almond milk and a banana.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    For 1 cup of cereal, that is not bad!
    I just had Fiber One Honey Cluster cereal. It was amazing and I'm not a huge cereal eater. Serving size ia 1 Cup and it's 160 calories, 1.5g fat, 44g carbs (high I know), 13g fiber (higher than most cereals) and 3g protein. I think it's a pretty good choice but that's my opinion.
  • rohanpinto31
    Options
    yes muesli and white oats meal a day help you reduce a lot of extra weight and can be consumed twice or more than that as per convenience
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    cereal is disgusting... all of you cereal eaters make me sick. Eating straight up sugar. and nothing but pure calories

I am so sick of this thread.

I am going to go to the store to pick up some cinnamon toast crunch
  • alicha78
    alicha78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love eating my Kashi Honey Almond Flax. Not only high in fibre like many other cereals out there, but high in protein as well! :) I like to eat it with my Almond Milk and sprinkle on some ground chia and flaxseeds for additional fibre!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I go for low sugar ones. Weetabix, Corn Flakes, Shredded Wheat etc.

Why? To your body it's the same thing. If you're having cereal at all you might as well enjoy the flavour before your body turns it into sugar anyways.

Fruit Loops or Die!!!! :p
    :P
    I do enjoy it thanks. I wouldn't eat it if I didn't. The milk and blueberries I add make it plenty sweet enough.
    I'd love to eat Fruit Loops every day, and do have a box in the kitchen, but I'm trying to cut down on sugar intake.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Reece's peanut butter crunch cereal makes a great snack.