Pregnancy 2010 - August

Options

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    That's sad nicole, but good luck to you trying anyway. There is a secondary topic associated with this topic called Fit for Future Families, if you would be interested to join us there as well. A lot of us go back and forth between the two topics to soak up all the information available.
    Check it out, if you'd like.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107503-fit-for-future-families

LOVE that group of ladies!

To those of you that are pregnant or have been pregnant before, how did you feel in the first few weeks? I have had some mild cramping, but that's about it. I guess I don't really feel like I'm pregnant. I never did get a BFP on a HPT... I had to go in for the blood test to confirm. Maybe I'll go get one at Dollar Tree later and see if I can finally pee a positive! I'm really anxious to go to the doctor, but that is still weeks away.

I haven't been sleeping that well, and I must admit that I've been freaking out a little bit about everything. I'm trying not to, but it's hard not to worry about miscarrying or any other problems that could occur. I'm trying really hard to keep a positive mind though! :smile: Any good advice on how to ease my mind and help me relax and enjoy this special time?

I would go get a pack of preggers test from the store just to ease your mind. Those test go positive if you have anything stronger than like 25 mcg of HCG in your blood, which isn't much.

When I had my first son, i tested negative on 3 preg test and positive on 4 it was WEIRD and I didn't see my ob until 12 weeks.

With my ectopic, they all "eventually" showed up positive it was weird, i had no symptoms of pregnancy, and at 10 weeks got a severe (I mean really severe-not just light nagging) cramping in my right side, that is the only sign I had. I actually wasn't scheduled to see the doctor until 12 weeks. I believe had they scanned earlier it might have been caught, but who knows.

Since I've been pregnant, I've had blood work and an U/S at 5 weeks, because of my risk with the ectopic. I had cramping during that 4th and 5th week, and now my stomach hurts because I am so constipated (i know TMI, but I didn't have this symptom with my first one). I've been nauseated since the start of week 5, but no vomitting. I have food and smell aversions and ginormous boobs. LOL

I think since you are new at it you are nervous don't be. If you are super nervous, tell the doctor you would really like to have an U/S because you are a wreck or b/c of the cramping, by now, you are as far along as I am and they should be able to see the sac and heart beat.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, wish me luck, Aunt flow is late!

Fingers crossed for you Nicole!!

It's been so exciting these past few days. I have hardly been able to get anything done at work... I've been too busy reading all kinds of articles (and past pregnancy threads on MFP) to do anything else! I have my big event at work next week, so I really should be preparing for that... Oh well, it's my 6th year doing it, and everything is so easy now, I think it will be fine.

I'm super anxious to go to the doctor. Not till September 14 though... :ohwell:

I really want to have my first appointment too! I went today for a consultation with a doctor, but it was only a "meet and greet" sort of thing. I have an appointment scheduled on Sept. 1 with another doctor (just so we can find the right one). The one I talked to today said that they wouldn't do an ultrasound until the 18th week or so....is that normal?? It sounded late to me, especially since a friend of mine that got pregnant in June has already had one.

The doctor was nice and we liked her, nothing bad to report, I just want to check out the next one to see which one matches our personalities/preferences, etc.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    ckmama, how far along are you again? Thanks for all the great info!
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My husband noticed that my boobs were bigger too. They don't hurt at all (thank god) but they are definitely bigger...

Thanks ckmama, I do feel a little bit better after reading your post. I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou:

How about you mwilson? Any early symptoms??
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have been super busy the past few days, getting ready for school which starts next week. I will be teaching for 5 weeks and then take my maternity leave. I know the parents are going to freak when they see my "huge" belly next Wednesday during meet and greet.:bigsmile: I'm planning to a welcome letter with some info as to what will happen, just to ease their mind a little. Anyway, no weigh gain this week, still 170 lbs.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

Just found this topic. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and married 6. We have had unprotected sex for 6 year with no baby to report. I have started to track my cycles the last two months. Any one want to offer me some advice. Tried for so many years not to get pregant and now I am trying to get pregant and can't. Doctor said there is nothing wrong with me, just poor timing. My husband has a son from a previous relationship, but I have no children of my own. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had difficulty getting pg with my second. I started temping and figuring out my cycles more. As you are closer to ovulating your cervix will actually drop a little, soften and open a little bit. Your mucous will also become clearer and more stringy. Like egg whites. I was actually able to quickly pinpoint when I was ovulating by this method. Keep track and you will see a pattern. Then you can Baby dance every other day around the time when you should be ovulating and go from there. I also got the book the fertility cure which deals with chinese medicine. It made every bit of difference for me and I was pregnant the next month after starting the accupressure. Best of luck to you!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    did any of you try to have a specific gender for your baby, or use any of those baby predictors online? did they work?
    I've just been seeing a lot of articles about that lately, so just wondered if they actually work.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

Just found this topic. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and married 6. We have had unprotected sex for 6 year with no baby to report. I have started to track my cycles the last two months. Any one want to offer me some advice. Tried for so many years not to get pregant and now I am trying to get pregant and can't. Doctor said there is nothing wrong with me, just poor timing. My husband has a son from a previous relationship, but I have no children of my own. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

buy the book "taking charge of your fertility" it was my conception bible and we got pregnant on our first try using this method. It's awesome!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my feet are so swollen it looks like I broke my foot! So painful it's literally uncomfortable to walk ... and ankles? what ankles?! my hands are swollen too, sometimes it's painful to grasp things, but I find bending my wrists are the worse. *sigh. Anyone else have really bad swelling? What besides low sodium and lots of water can you do?
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    My husband noticed that my boobs were bigger too. They don't hurt at all (thank god) but they are definitely bigger...

Thanks ckmama, I do feel a little bit better after reading your post. I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou:

How about you mwilson? Any early symptoms??

So far I've just been REALLY, REALLY tired. I go home every day and take a nap, wake up for dinner, then go back to sleep! Monday I was a little naseaus thinking about what lunch I had brought, so I ate a bag of cheetos...I know not the best choice, but it was all I had. Other than that all I can tell is that I can't eat any big meals anymore...if I do I feel really bad afterwards, I'm going to have to start eating smaller meals instead. I'm starting to break out (acne), which I haven't done since high school so I'm sure that has something to do with all the hormones. Otherwise...All is good! Now if I could only stay awake long enough to hang out with my husband we'd be ok!! :laugh: I'm sure I'll be missing all this sleep in the 3rd trimester!
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I took your advice ckmama, and went to CVS and bought another HPT. I finally pissed a positive! Just seeing that pop up really did help me feel a lot better about the whole thing. I even went to get the camera and took photos of the read out, just so I have the proof...

I'm the opposite mwilson. I feel like I have tons of extra energy... I have been going for extra walks, but I'm still having trouble getting good sleep. I'm awfully jealous of your naps! I've never been able to nap...

I started MFP about 7 weeks ago (I guess right when I got pregnant!) to lose a little bit of weight. Since I got the good news on Friday, I changed my goal to "maintenance" but I'm having trouble getting all of my calories... Especially if I exercise! I already eat some pretty calorie-dense foods, so I'm not sure what to do. I was trying to plan out my day, and I was really stuggling to hit the 1800 calories (plus I'm planning on jogging today too...).
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I wish I had extra energy. I have been just blah...I am not tired enough to get extra sleep but everything is wearing me out very quickly. I have to be really careful about what I eat or I feel really sick. I am glad to feel sick at times just so I know all is well though. :laugh: My first appointment is a week from Friday. My daughter starts school next week too so I am wishing and hating for the day to come. :noway: I will be glad to get in a daily routine again though, the summer sure has thrown me off!

Paldal, there is no true way to guarantee the baby's sex. I am a believer of the male sperm swim fast and die off quickly and the female sperm are slow and live longer. Every other daying got us our daughter and a one time shot got us a boy. It will be interesting to see what this one is--as it really is all about timing!
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    I just found this post. I have been TTC for 10 yrs now. I am hoping with significant weight lose this will be achieved!
  • ckmama
    Options
    I am 7 weeks and 3 days I think. I have been freakin' exhausted. I feel so lazy. I"m a SAHM so I feel like all of my housework and cooking have really fallen by the way side. All I want to do is lay down, it helps with the nausea. My tiredness and nausea went away after my first trimester last time so I am hoping to get more energy for the next trimester.

I'm nervous about the US on friday. I hate to get my hopes up, my husband says I shouldn't look at it like that, but I can't help it.

I think in finding a doctor you have to find one that understands your needs. Not one that has a standard protocol that they do for every pregnancy. My first doctor was like that, my new one isn't. 18 weeks U/S is probably normal for most pregnancy's.

I guess if you aren't high risk then they wait, my SIL is high risk because of her age 41, but they only did blood work on her. She was concerned b/c my doctor seems more insistent on making sure my pregancy is going well than hers. I told her what I'll tell you, all doctors are different. My first actual ob meeting is scheduled for 12 weeks. I would think Lhuffman, by the time you go on Sept. 1st they should be able to hear the heart beat with the little speaker thing, it's not a sonogram, just kind of like a microphone thing.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Oh and I found this online, some type of gender prediction pee test. You can buy it at local pharmacies. I wonder if it really works, I might test it before we find out the sex to see if it is right.

http://www.intelligender.com/home.html?pageid=6?gclid=CMSto_Kfw6MCFZBf2god9jzS9A
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I have a 14 month old son, and we will be TTC this year. So i need to shed about 40lbs before that can happen. I look foward to chatting with you.
    Kate
  • katharine1980
    katharine1980 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I have a 14 month old son, and we will be TTC this year. So i need to shed about 40lbs before that can happen. I look foward to chatting with you.
    Kate
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    I took your advice ckmama, and went to CVS and bought another HPT. I finally pissed a positive! Just seeing that pop up really did help me feel a lot better about the whole thing. I even went to get the camera and took photos of the read out, just so I have the proof...

I'm the opposite mwilson. I feel like I have tons of extra energy... I have been going for extra walks, but I'm still having trouble getting good sleep. I'm awfully jealous of your naps! I've never been able to nap...

I started MFP about 7 weeks ago (I guess right when I got pregnant!) to lose a little bit of weight. Since I got the good news on Friday, I changed my goal to "maintenance" but I'm having trouble getting all of my calories... Especially if I exercise! I already eat some pretty calorie-dense foods, so I'm not sure what to do. I was trying to plan out my day, and I was really stuggling to hit the 1800 calories (plus I'm planning on jogging today too...).

I asked the doctor yesterday about my calories. I told her I'd been eating 1200 since Feb. losing 20+ pounds, I told her I recently changed it and now I get anywhere from 1500-2000, just depending if I'm hungry or not. She said to watch the scale, as long as I'm not losing, I'll be fine, especially during first trimester. If I find that I'm losing, make sure I bump it up some. I told her I usually try to eat pretty healthy but I told her about having to eat the cheetos for lunch and she said sometimes "you just gotta do what you gotta do!" :smile: So I'm going to try not to stress about it, and just listen to my body. I've been trying to eat more fruits today, I noticed I have gone really slack on those. It's so hard when frutis and veggies don't give you that many calories tho!

I'm right there with ya, ckmama....EXHAUSTED! Everything just feels better when laying down! I think my husband has been feeling the baby symptoms too :laugh: He's sooo tired and gets nauseated easily these days, which is weird for him. At least I'm not going through it alone :wink:
  • ckmama
    Options

I asked the doctor yesterday about my calories. I told her I'd been eating 1200 since Feb. losing 20+ pounds, I told her I recently changed it and now I get anywhere from 1500-2000, just depending if I'm hungry or not. She said to watch the scale, as long as I'm not losing, I'll be fine, especially during first trimester. If I find that I'm losing, make sure I bump it up some. I told her I usually try to eat pretty healthy but I told her about having to eat the cheetos for lunch and she said sometimes "you just gotta do what you gotta do!" :smile: So I'm going to try not to stress about it, and just listen to my body. I've been trying to eat more fruits today, I noticed I have gone really slack on those. It's so hard when frutis and veggies don't give you that many calories tho!

I'm right there with ya, ckmama....EXHAUSTED! Everything just feels better when laying down! I think my husband has been feeling the baby symptoms too :laugh: He's sooo tired and gets nauseated easily these days, which is weird for him. At least I'm not going through it alone :wink:

With my first pregnancy my dear husband gained 30 lbs. He ate with me. Poor thing. We have both vowed for that not to happen again. That is funny he gets nauseated. He has that syndrome that men get when their wives get pregnant I don't remember the name of it.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My husband and I sat down last night to discuss our "game plan" for TTC....(influenced by now finding out that two of our close friends are expecting!) We decided that i'll go off birthcontrol after my next cycle and we'll practice the "Pull and Pray" method until after Christmas. He'll be gone for most of september and all of october anyway...so not like anything is going to happen then anyway!!
    I'm on the Neuva ring and was wondering if anyone else who has successfully conceived used the NR prior to conceiving? How long does it take to get out of your system?