My Husband called me a fat @zz yesterday

Options

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Let me explain, children are from a previous marriage and my "new" 4 month husband is with us now. I haven't updated my profile in a while.

Wow, married only 4 months and he's already talking to you like that....that's not gonna end well. Regardless of your weight, name calling is unacceptable, PERIOD!
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    I cant even imagine my boyfriend of 4 years say that to me~!

He seems very childish...I guess you can change youe weight but he can never change that horrible attitude of his.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Those of you who are saying she needs to dump him obviously know nothing about marriage. Let's keep **** real: People say hurtful things sometimes out of anger, and when you are with someone for a while it is bound to happen. You don't throw a marriage away over something that dumb said in the heat of the moment. NOW, if this is a common or everyday thing? Well, that is a different story.

Honestly, I would just not let it get to you in a negative way. He was at a loss for words during the fight and knew it would hurt you the most, so he said it. Douche move, but we have all struck some low blows before. It hurt you so much because you probably know that you need to make some changes for your health. Just start making these changes and move on.

EDIT: Might I add that it is better to separate and cool down before things get to that level. You guys should talk about that.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are saying she needs to dump him obviously know nothing about marriage. Let's keep **** real: People say hurtful things sometimes out of anger, and when you are with someone for a while it is bound to happen. You don't throw a marriage away over something that dumb said in the heat of the moment. NOW, if this is a common or everyday thing? Well, that is a different story.

Honestly, I would just not let it get to you in a negative way. He was at a loss for words during the fight and knew it would hurt you the most, so he said it. Douche move, but we have all struck some low blows before. It hurt you so much because you probably know that you need to make some changes for your health. Just start making these changes and move on.

EDIT: Might I add that it is better to separate and cool down before things get to that level. You guys should talk about that.
    TBH, i dont remember if i was one that said to dump him or not and i dont feel like weeding back to see my comment.
    however, i agree that its very disrespectful and would totally support dumping him. with it only being 4 months into the marriage it can just be dissolved like it never happened. no one deserves to be disrespected like that.
    ive been married for 8 years and never ever have my husband and i said hurtful things like that out of anger. yes, we argue, and sometimes actually fight.. but name calling is never involved and if it was, i would seriously be floored and deeply hurt.
  • naturesgate
    naturesgate Posts: 45 Member
    Options

It's true that people do say hurtful things sometimes when they're angry but jeeez.."waddle your fat @zz in the bedroom" and "You're so fat how can you see your feet?" Is just beyond LOW that's just cruel. I know this may sound horrible but i can understand a few curse words here and there (not that I approve of that but its bound to happen) and I know marriage has its ups and downs, but my god , if hes speaking to her like that already and they haven't been married for that long, its only going to get worse and it will probably get physical. Like jeez aren't they in their "honey moon period" And as she pointed out he's 28 and she's 36 therefore he KNOWS that he has the power in this relationship because he knows that she knows he could leave her any day for a 20 something year old. :(
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Hummmm.....first posted in January, added comment in April. Wonder if they're still together.

Un-acceptable comments anyway.
  • ChiefsChick4Life
    Options
    I know you guys haven't heard from me in a while on this board especially. I left my husband in January 2014, and currently going through a nasty divorce (as you can imagine the type of boy he is calling me a fat *kitten* etc., the divorce isn't going to go smoothly). I would like to update you all on my success. On this site, my starting weight was around 165 but then I went up to 183 in January. I got rid of all that negativity, and I have gained self-esteem, and self-confidence again. I have actually lost 41lbs since January (even though my ticker says 30). I'm only 5' 4", so that's a significant weight loss in my opinion. I've dropped 11% body fat in less than 5 months.:smile:

I couldn't believe I had received over 300 replies on this blog, and SO many were about leaving him. Everyone should work their hardest on a marriage/relationship, but physical, sexual, verbal and emotional abuse is NOT acceptable. And I kicked that SOB to the curb! I'm standing taller, walking prouder than I ever have.

Thanks for the support MFP friends,

Chiefs Chick
  • ChiefsChick4Life
    Options
    No ma'am, I left him in January and I kicked his *kitten* to the curb!
  • ChiefsChick4Life
    Options
    Hummmm.....first posted in January, added comment in April. Wonder if they're still together.

• KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

And you look great! :drinker:
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    EFF YEAH, get it!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You hero! Really impressed!
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Yay!
  • Angylisis78
    Angylisis78 Posts: 32
    Options

I was reading through this thread and my heart was just breaking as I spent 8 years with a giant *kitten* who treated me l ike crap and made me feel worthless. (Not in the weight dept but in other areas).

I was trying so hard to figure out a way to get it across that what your (now ex) husband did was abusive and that it probably wouldn't stop.

I can't say how glad I am for you (even though I know you not from Adam) that you've figured that out on your own and took action. HELLZ YES! :)

And great job on the weight loss! 41lbs in 5 months is kickass! :)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    WE all teach people HOW to treat us... WE decide for ourselves whether we can accept how someone chooses to interact. IF we accept it we do nothing.. the alternative... step up and express your self with the truth you live. IF that other person chooses to ignore your truth...what are they telling you? simple concept... easy to extoll NOT so easy to live it unless YOU choose to live your life with intent instead of by default... This thread was begun by providing one side of a story... THE real question IS...what was your part in the argument?
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!! You lost the best weight of all! The big *kitten* jerk of a husband! Way to go honey! Proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    He sounds like a doozy. Kick him to the curb! *hugs*

Don't ever let anyone else determine your self worth! Keep your head held high.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    WE all teach people HOW to treat us... WE decide for ourselves whether we can accept how someone chooses to interact. IF we accept it we do nothing.. the alternative... step up and express your self with the truth you live. IF that other person chooses to ignore your truth...what are they telling you? simple concept... easy to extoll NOT so easy to live it unless YOU choose to live your life with intent instead of by default... This thread was begun by providing one side of a story... THE real question IS...what was your part in the argument?

Stop victimizing bullies. People don't choose to be abused.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the weight loss (including the *kitten*)!
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Whether it was out of anger or not, his remarks show a lack of respect. So make sure you respect yourself, whether you lose weight or not. You are special and think of all the positive things about you.

Calling names is bullying. This website is hugely motivating by tracking food intake and exercise and progress. If you want weight loss for yourself, then go for it! Be what you want to be.