40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad to read that you've met with your trainer, Kelly Sue! 'atta girl!

I had a great weekend....first (sort-of) "rest" weekend in about 6 of 'em, and BOY DID I NEED IT!

Yes, we had baseball all day Saturday - but sitting and watching isn't too tough (my son's team ended up with a bronze in the tournie).

Yesterday, I was SUPPOSED to get out and walk, but my gf bailed, and with the wind/rain, I bailed too. So, just kept TIGHT control on the diet piece - which I was successful at.

Turning in my car to the autobody shop, today, so can get that piece of "bad news" fixed. Going to hit the gym with my daughter tonight, after work, we'll give cardio-step another try for her....and, of course, I'll lift at lunch.

All good here!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    They ended up giving me a PRIUS as a loaner....I feel like such a FRAUD - and I told them so when they gave me that loaner - because I'm not really an environmentalist!

Went to the gym last night, but my daughter had rolled her ankle - so I ended up staying for about 45 minutes of the class. I was T-I-R-E-D last night! Slept very well!

Today is a rest day, but also "date night" tonight. So, I've worn a pretty dress and curled my hair and now everyone at the office is like "WHOA!"

I love date night!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps- Have a great time on your date night!

I have not been able to get out and walk as it has been rainy here today. Hoping it will be dryer tonight or I will be doing calisthenics in my living room later!!

Have a great day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I hope you managed to get out for your walk, KellySue!

It's been a L-O-N-G day at the office - going home to change and then out for dinner - I thought we were "dressing up", but, apparently, the other couple isn't into that, so now I have to "dress down". Boo.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Well Hi there, missed this thread over the last couple of days. Just hit Day 4 of 30DS and got in a great 50 min walk with the pups.

Have a bit of stress on the homefront and taking sometime off of work. Kind of digging it so I can really solidify these exercise habits.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Beeps- I did make it out for my walk. Rain clouds but no rain while I was out. Yeah! Sorry to hear that you got all dressed up only to have to "dress down". Maybe next time.
  • jlaplount
    jlaplount Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to report back to ya'll....a form of accountability for myself. I had my week in Vegas last week and I'm proud to report that not only did I manage to keep within my calorie intake and did NOT get out of hand with the free drinks, I started INSANITY on the Monday I showed up and kept to the schedule all week. I went from Vegas to our company HQ in California and I'm still doing the INSANITY workout each day. I even threw in some extra treadmill work a couple days simply because I was bored. In the past, I'd wander to the hotel bar and have a couple beers. I had at least 2 or 3 people at the office that I hadn't seen in a couple months comment that I looked good and that I must have dropped a few pounds. Loved the validation of the efforts.

Come on people!!! Let's do this!! I'm so pumped lately. The INSANITY program is absolutely brutal...but I actually find myself looking forward to it...I am liking the personal challenge. I don't have a reliable scale with me at these hotels, so I'm getting anxious to get home Saturday and stepping on my own scale to see what I've accomplished. Regardless of the number on that scale, I can already tell my measurements are shrinking and I feel stronger and more flexible than I have in a long time.

Can't wait to get home and continue INSANITY, riding my bike to work and back and going to the local YMCA and doing the 5am Boot Camp with my friend. He's at least 5 or 6 years younger than me...so I really want to out perform him next Thursday!

Soldier on everyone!
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Just wanted to report back to ya'll....a form of accountability for myself. I had my week in Vegas last week and I'm proud to report that not only did I manage to keep within my calorie intake and did NOT get out of hand with the free drinks, I started INSANITY on the Monday I showed up and kept to the schedule all week. I went from Vegas to our company HQ in California and I'm still doing the INSANITY workout each day. I even threw in some extra treadmill work a couple days simply because I was bored. In the past, I'd wander to the hotel bar and have a couple beers. I had at least 2 or 3 people at the office that I hadn't seen in a couple months comment that I looked good and that I must have dropped a few pounds. Loved the validation of the efforts.

Come on people!!! Let's do this!! I'm so pumped lately. The INSANITY program is absolutely brutal...but I actually find myself looking forward to it...I am liking the personal challenge. I don't have a reliable scale with me at these hotels, so I'm getting anxious to get home Saturday and stepping on my own scale to see what I've accomplished. Regardless of the number on that scale, I can already tell my measurements are shrinking and I feel stronger and more flexible than I have in a long time.

Can't wait to get home and continue INSANITY, riding my bike to work and back and going to the local YMCA and doing the 5am Boot Camp with my friend. He's at least 5 or 6 years younger than me...so I really want to out perform him next Thursday!

Soldier on everyone!

WOW!! That is amazing that you stuck with your workout through so much fun and travel, what an awesome job!

I agree, I've been pretty pumped lately myself. Struggled with my commitment to 30DS yesterday but pushed through it and today I didn't have one single thought about not doing.

Taking the dogs for a walk before the severe weather rolls in. Have a great day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    today, I lift!

I ate WAY too much food last night - big tummy ache at the end of it - lesson learned.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I just came across this "club." I'm in!

I'm 42, 5'3" and currently 142. I started at 160. I'm starting grad school in August and I'd like to be on the southern side of 135 before then. I'm in a pretty big transition time (moving, going back to school) so I need to really focus on stepping up my game and making time for workouts.
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I'm 43, 5'4" and 204 lbs. I lost a lot about 4 years ago but then life got in the way so I'm trying again but with a more realistic diet that is sustainable. I workout 5-6 days a week for about 30 minutes each time but now that I'm older and overweight it has to be low impact because it's too hard on my joints otherwise. Lots of water workouts and elliptical (with some strength training - I'm working on it LOL).
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi allgoodthings! What is your diet plan to get to a better weight by school-time?

Hi KatAdele - what is your diet plan to get to your better weight?

I got my lifting in-and-done!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Since I stalk here occasionally, thought I would introduce myself. I am 44, been at this about 6 months now. Happily married ,3 kids, the youngest just graduated from high-school.

My goals are healthy and strong, weight loss and the old sexy me are secondary. I am not in any huge hurry, in September I couldn't walk 15 minutes on the treadmill, now I work out about an hour every day. I feel myself getting stronger, healthier, and seriously happier. I eat cruddy food still, but I am learning to make healthier choices. Soda has been replaced by water, I quit smoking, and eat some form of green veggie, and fruit every day now.

I am a cancer survivor, and have COPD. My dream is to complete a 5k, dont know if it's even feasible, but that would be Ahhhh-maazing!!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hi All! Welcome new peeps! Yesterday was a bummer day for me as I had to put my 15 year old dog to sleep. :cry: I usually take Wednesdays as a rest day any way, but I was a total bum and either sat on my couch or slept after I got back from the vet. My daughter and son-in-law brought us dinner and, of course, brought my grandson which helped some.

I did go to the gym this morning and did a bit of cardio and lifted. It was good to relieve some stress.

Now for a full day of work that started at 8:30 this morning and doesn't end until 8:00-8:30 tonight.

Have a good day all.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    JenCOPD - love to read all the healthy changes in lifestyle you have made! Congrats!

KellySue - oh my, soooooooooooo sorry for your loss! That sounds like a very sad thing to go through.

And, what an amazing thing to still get to the gym, knowing it will help you manage stress - THAT'S INSPIRATIONAL!

I have a pretty busy day at work - am hoping that my car is fixed and I can trade back in this (prius) loaner for my car. And, hopefully my son's baseball game is on tonight (and not canceled due to rain - like last nights' game). If it *is* cancelled, then it is off to TRX I go!
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011: Regarding the diet plan: Honestly, I simply have to get back to cooking at home and logging EVERYTHING. I'm in the middle of a move to a new state so cooking healthful meals has not been easy nor high priority. This will change this weekend and I really look forward to it. I will also be stepping up my exercise since that seems to give my weight loss a push.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am still around...somewhat. Was away for a long weekend with my husband. We met some friends to do some cycling. We drove over 12 horus to get there, cycled 100km on Saturday and then again on Sunday and then drove over 12 hours home on Monday. :tongue: But....it was worth it! I loved the bike ride. Managed to finish on Saturday in 5 hours and was faster by about a 1/2 hour on Sunday. :happy:
    It was not a race, but there was no real place to stop, other than the side of the road, so we only took one "major" break - the others were just quick stops to fill water bottles and stretch.

So, in two days and almost 10 hours of exercise and I gained weight. :noway: My husband was stunned when I told him. It's not like I ate much riding. Such is the story of my life these days. I did have some wine afterward and did enjoy a nice dinner, but nothing outrageous. I really, really need to get my meds checked as this is getting a little scary.

Really need to focus on my water intake as well. That seems to be one of my biggest challenges.

Am still trying to get back to the weight gym, but yesterday and today, have after work committments. :grumble: Maybe tomorrow?

Hoping to be more consistent on here again. Don't plan to go anywhere for a while now.

Hope all you cool kids are having a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • lisautley02
    lisautley02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A really good site that has good nutritional plans is www.bodybuilding.com and its free. Its helped me better plan on what is good to eat and how to cook it. I am with you it gets way to overwhelming but the way I approached me eating clean was cutting out all fast food and eating less of my own cooked dinners, eating WAY more vegetables and not eating after 7 PM. I feel a huge difference in just doing that..but I also work out 5 - 6 days a week so my results are moving along nicely :) Good luck to you!! What an exciting journey of health to be on.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    allgoodthings - hope things settle down for you soon!

sdereski - that "weight gain" could simply be water....sounds like your glycogen stores might have been pretty active given all that biking! Weigh again in a couple of days and see where you're at....no worries! I don't understand how you can bike for that long - my tush goes numb by the 45-minute mark....which I HATE....so, bike riding isn't very much fun for me. (And, yes, I have a new bike seat, blah, blah, blah - it's just not my thing!).

lisautley02 - sounds like bodybuilding.com is really working for you! Great!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

KellySue - so sorry to hear about your dog :( thinking of you!!!

Day 13 of my Whole30 and I don't feel the need for a straight jacket...yet! Seriously though, it has been easier than I thought. So far I'm down 4.5 lbs and feeling great. I was told by my trainer and challenge team leader yesterday that I could end up gaining weight (muscle), getting bigger arms and/or legs but my waist and hips should shrink? well I hope he's right because if I end up gaining weight and inches at the end of the 30 days I'll FREAK!!! may need that straight jacket after all :)

On a NSV note, treated myself to a 1.5 hr massage yesterday and my therapist who hadn't seen me since end of March was super surprised to see the changes in my body especially after such a short period of time. She said the muscles in my back and arms are super defined, my calf muscles are to die for and she finished by saying "you are an athlete now". That totally made my day!!! Seriously, whoever doesn't believe in heavy lifting is missing out, right Beeps?

Anyway, have a great afternoon cool kids :)