30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    Day 4, Level 3!

Question for those of you doing this - what are your plans to maintain when you've finished the 30 days? I really want to keep seeing these great improvements in my fitness but at the same time don't want to do this DVD every morning for the rest of my life!

I plan to start doing Jackie Warner's dvd (s) and trying out the couch 2 5k!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd round on the 30 Day Shred. I completed Level 1 this morning...on to Level 2 tomorrow!! Level 2 is my favorite!!!
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just did Level 2 day 1 yesterday, day 2 will be later today HOLY SMOKES!! after feeling absolutely no burn at the end of level 1, this ALMOST made me quit. BUT I hung in there. Not too sore today, so hopefully I don't feel that quitting urge again.... haha.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    Just finished Day 20. Level 3 is harder, but I did more of it than the first day I did it yesterday. It feels good though.
  • juzangel2
    juzangel2 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'D LIKE TO START TOO1 WOULD SOMEONE SEND ME THE LINK? PLEASE& THANK :-)YOU1
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, have stopped doing this as I am on holidays so unable to do Jillian.....but at the hotel, they have a gym etc so am doing my exercises and walking, walking the shops........will get back into it when I get home and I am really happy with the results so far.....keep going everyone.....
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am having bad knee pain in both knees! Right behind kneecap. Even when I do a rest day they hurt when I start up again. Anybody else have this? I've never had this before!
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options
    I am having bad knee pain in both knees! Right behind kneecap. Even when I do a rest day they hurt when I start up again. Anybody else have this? I've never had this before!

Oh no! Sorry to hear.. I haven't personally experienced this, which is shocking since I have two bum knees from snowboarding, but I'd advise you to make sure you're keeping form properly (don't push knees over toes), but you can also try not going down quite as far on the squats, etc. This might help.

If they still hurt after one session (or at the beginning) stop immediately. Don't risk your knees just for 30DS. See a doc asap and see what they say. Or try something lower impact for the knees. Trust me, knee injuries are not worth it!

Good luck!
    :smile:
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options
    For everyone just starting out: the first cpl days of Level 1 were the toughest so far (getting my butt into gear). Towards the end of LV 1 I stopped feeling the "after-burn" and couldn't wait to start level 2! With that said, Level 2 day 1 felt exactly the same as level 1 day 1, haha.

I just did LV2 Day 3 yesterday, and will do day 4 today.. already losing the afterburn, even though I feel like I'm dying in the workout! Like, DYING. But it helps me push through, when I think of the muscles I'm working and what I want them to look like, and how I want them to feel when I'm done.

We can do this!!!
    Feel free to add me if you like, just pls shoot me a quickie with where you came across my profile, so I know. :)

FYI, I take breaks so I don't get injuries, and I'm not measuring myself or taking photos until I'm done! :bigsmile:
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Day 4, Level 3!

Question for those of you doing this - what are your plans to maintain when you've finished the 30 days? I really want to keep seeing these great improvements in my fitness but at the same time don't want to do this DVD every morning for the rest of my life!

I think I'm gonna keep doing level 3 for a little while longer, it's pretty tough. Then I'll probably do another one of Jillian's DVDs.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    Day 4, Level 3!

I think I'm gonna keep doing level 3 for a little while longer, it's pretty tough. Then I'll probably do another one of Jillian's DVDs.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I just did Day 21, and when I finish I think I may go back to Level 2 for a few days and then buy the Killer Buns and Abs because those are my problem areas.
  • ashley4336
    ashley4336 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So I am planing on starting this tomorrow morning !
    But a question from people who have/are doing this, what are the results like ... ?
    I am not looking to really 'lose weight' but more of a toning to lower belly fat, well basically toning all over the body.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    You may not lose many pounds, but you will definitely lose inches. I have lost 6 inches so far. I have one week left (I have finished 23 days and am on Level 3 now) , so I imagine that I will lose a total of about 7-8 inches. It does flatten your abdomen and shave off the hips. You become tighter and smaller. It is also good for the biceps and triceps and shoulders also. I hope this helps.
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am only doing the Shred on Sun, Tues, and Thurs with a run of no less than 3 miles on Mon, Wed and Fri so I JUST finished up Level 1 on Sunday and started Level 2 on yesterday!!!

So, is it just me or is Level 1 SOOOOO much easier than Level 2. I almost died yesterday...I mean LITERALLY died! I could not catch my breath and I am a runner.

On another note, I lost 7.5 inches on Level 1 alone in my arms, waist, thighs and neck...it works!!!! I may disappear doing Level 2.
  • ChelsieDOSH
    Options
    Buying it today, starting tomorrow! :D
  • car1401
    car1401 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone I am starting this today as soon as I finish work! How are you all getting on? success? :-)
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm on phase one day 5. Feel free to add me guys. I'd love to have motivation.
  • jbwilson06
    jbwilson06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD and have been needing to start it, so I will begin tomorrow as well!!! Motivation needed!!!:smile:
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am starting this today as soon as I finish work! How are you all getting on? success? :-)

Seven inches, almost eight, lost doing Level 1 over a 20 day period for 10 days. For reference, I am 5'5" and about 167 lbs.