What's Been Cut Out Of Your Lifestyle??

Options

Replies

• blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I no longer sit on my butt, drinking beer while perusing the internet. Oh, wait; I still do that. I just do a lot less of it and I make sure I get my exercise in first. Sooo... Nothing, I guess.
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Processed food generally is not cut out but cut down. I eat everything else including bread, pasta, sweets, chocolate, etc. But all in moderation now. I am not good at cutting out completely and feel there's no need anyway. Just control the amount you eat.

Oh, yes, I have had to cut out alcohol - but for a completely different reason, it doesn't mix well with my medication for rheumatoid arthritis - and that has perhaps helped in the weight-loss too.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pasta, completely. And chips. I'm a carboholic so those are two foods I simply can't allow myself to enjoy when I'm trying to shed.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Excuses
    Self-pity
    Nap time
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I quit eating things I did not really like!
    I just ate to eat,
    now I eat for fuel.
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    TastyKakes, Wawa dounts, nightly ice cream and Oreos. oh, and my reward for grocery shopping of a candy bar with each trip.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Soda. Candy. Chips. Liquid calories.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the notion that I need to cut things out of my diet.

moderations is what i go by but with that said i cute out fast food eating the smell alone makes me sick
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This.

The second I cut something out, this whole thing is over. I'm not going to maintain a lifestyle where a 1300 ice cream sundae is something I can't have. Or anything, really. Once "can't' is in the equation, it's over.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    well, I've cut out all foods except for loss, lichen and tree bark, and occasionally ill drink the sap of oak trees.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I have cut nothing from my lifestyle, as restriction and denial of food on the grounds that it may be 'bad' is a recipe for failure - at least as far as I'm concerned.

On second thought, I have cut two things from my lifestyle - hating how I look and hating how I feel.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Me too! :)
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    My dh and I were just talking about this because I was the person that was always dumping sauce, or dressing, or butter, or the like all over my food. I just don't do that any more. I want healthy fats in my meals so I save my fat calories for avocados, olive oil, walnuts, almonds and I don't even miss the sauces.

Also sweets, I just don't have a craving for them anymore, which is so surprising to me, but there it is.

I agree with michael1976, the smell of fast food just nauseates me so I have cut that out of my life (it was a 2-3 time a week habit).
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Huge portions of anything, and personally I try to stay away from most decadent dessert items. I won't give up my ice cream, but I try to stay away from cakes and cookies because they're my real vice - baked goods! Oh, and regular soda. Every once in a while I'll crave one like nobody's business, but at those times I'll just have a diet and it will hit the spot.

I've tried not to cut anything else, because I don't want a day to come where I fall off the wagon and eat everything in sight. If I want something, I just have a little of it.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I cut out starving myself...now I eat!!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Excuses
    Self-pity
    Nap time

I couldn't give up nap time!

But seriously I gave up doughnuts (because they jack my blood sugar bad and I hate how crappy I feel like that)
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    No soda, no junk or highly processed foods, no alcohol, no white/starchy carbs (whole grains only), no artificial sweeteners. I tried to cut out coffee but failed miserably, lol.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    KmE27SP.gif

I still enjoy all the goodies, just reasonable portions and as it fits in my goals. And I don't just sit on my butt all day anymore.
  • vbernier1
    vbernier1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the idea that I can't have things and tried to focus on fitting treats in weekly within my MFP daily allowances.....cake or champagne or steak or cheese and crackers....just not all on the same day or ALL the time, lol. Treats are what make life joyful some days.

love this! so true. Everything in moderation.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    KmE27SP.gif

I still enjoy all the goodies, just reasonable portions and as it fits in my goals. And I don't just sit on my butt all day anymore.

:drinker: And this