Question for the ladies!

Options
1235»

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Just don't swim in the ocean; you have a higher likelihood of being attacked by sharks.

Otherwise, you should be safe.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I heard someone that your ovaries could fall out.

Some of them? Or all of them?
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Tampons stay in place, unless I guess if you're using weights and you squeeze your kegal muscles then it might push it out so I guess a pad will do.

*gag*

Yeah you can't sit out gym class during your lady-time, so there's no sitting out your weekly exercise routine LOL. I plug that ish up and keep it moving.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I heard somewhere that your ovaries could fall out.

Some of them? Or all of them?

Both. It's a scary thing.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY
    OF COURSE IT IS
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Nah, when I get that time of the month I make my husband do my workouts for me.

Just like I make him do everything else for me on those days... reach for high things, cook his own foods, open tight jars, between my squeamishness and nausea at my own situation and the general aches and pains I just delegate everything during that time.

Weird too because just the other day my husband was noticing, "Hey ever since we got married you're monthly time used to be 2-3 days, but now its 5 days and sometimes up to 7 and that one time a few months ago it was like almost 10 days long!?"

4a162c00aba3c3004b4fe15c1aa368e3_m.jpg
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    working out is a great way to relieve bloat and loosen up cramps... just drink extra water. I would double up on protection and if you are insecure, maybe do some outdoor exercise or in house exercise rather than going to the gym where an embarassment could occur.... BUT exercise is so important every time of the month.
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    During that time of the month, I have an extremely hard time. Due to other medical issues, my "monthly" tends to be anywhere from little cranky to I'm pretty sure I'm dying. I can't normally handle my normal intense workout, but I go nice and slow on my elliptical or I walk. Any movement is better than no movement and plus my doctor told me sometimes, exercise can actually help you through it a bit easier. Its up to you and your body what you can handle.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't know why everyone is telling u to use a tampon...use whatever you usually use....i use infinity pads by always, they don't move or bunch up they're comfortable and thin....i have heard alot that it's good to exercise during TOM but I've tried it and it makes everything worse! I suggest planning your off days around the heavy, most painful days...or walk , bike, dance, yoga, lift..if you feel you need a workout but stay away from high intensity workouts. I tried doing 30 day shred and felt horrible less than half way in and had to stop cause I was in so much pain! Also, you're going to gain "weight " during that time too..I gained 5 pounds but it was gone a day or two after it left...Good luck on your weight loss journey!! :flowerforyou: add me if you like!
  • vbernier1
    vbernier1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always exercise during the Red Plague of Death. It actually helps with the cramps. :)

I looove your terminology! it is stolen!!!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I do what I can during my period. I get really symptomatic and at times have trouble even getting out of bed - so exercising is out of the question for about the first 3 days. It does help with the cramps - but it's finding the energy to do it that I struggle with. However, I have found that if I am exercising regularly the rest of the month, that week isn't as bad for me (still not normal, but not as bad as it could be).

No pads here! I hate the feeling of sitting in a sloshy diaper. I use a cup. divacup.com *angels singing*

Diva cup is awesome.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    of course. the only problem I can think of...its been a while.....is if youre having a heavy flow day and it gets, um, unexpectedly messy. Other than that, go for it. Probably helpful for cramps, too.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    i was thinking 1940 lol
    Is it 1950 again???
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Injurys? what like your uterus falling out? No seriously what the hell?

I exercise on all days of my period and I have a goddamn civil war in there when I have my period.

LOL civil war, that's funny! I just meant like maybe pulling a muscle or exerting myself too hard during a time when I'm losing so much blood.

Losing so much blood? It's your period not a stab wound. Your period isn't a valid reason to not exercise and it doesn't make you more likely to injure anything. You might have to change your pad more but stained laundry will be the worst of it.