Do you send friend requests based on profile pics?

Options

Replies

• Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Well....kinda...
    I don't normally send requests to people (no reason other than the fact that I am not as sociable on this site), but sometimes, while browsing the forums, I will read a post and notice someone's profile picture and feel compelled to visit their profile. I will read their about me section and if I like it, I might send a request. So, I don't really base my friend request on their profile picture alone, but sometimes it will intrigue me to visit their profile, and in very rare cases, lead me to FR them.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i dont, of the few i have sent its mainly because of crossing paths on the boards,

but saying that, i can understand a lot of reasons why people would and dont think its a wrong thing to do,
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Nope...but I do creep on profiles because of their pic :tongue:
    Pretty much this...

If I add someone, it's because they have shared fitness goals and seem intelligent. Either that or they seem fun, have similar humor, and we had interaction on the boards or someone's wall.
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    HunterKiller_wechange2 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A lot of peoples profiles are private so yes, but i mostly add people that write stuff i enjoy reading on the forums. :)
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hello internets!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to send friend requests... very very occasionally.. but usually based on something more important such as a similar like or something they wrote somewhere....
    But... I do sometimes decline friends requests based on the profile picture :o!
    x
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Well....kinda...
    I don't normally send requests to people (no reason other than the fact that I am not as sociable on this site), but sometimes, while browsing the forums, I will read a post and notice someone's profile picture and feel compelled to visit their profile. I will read their about me section and if I like it, I might send a request. So, I don't really base my friend request on their profile picture alone, but sometimes it will intrigue me to visit their profile, and in very rare cases, lead me to FR them.

This sounds perfectly me. I am going with it.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't send FR based on pics as you can't tell if they're a worker or a whiner from their pic. If their "about me" info. is filled in I base FR on that or other friends suggestions. Only supportive worker bees on this FL - no time for whiners and boo-hoos.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Nope and I ignore any friend request that doesn't come with an explanation as to why they want to add me. I also ignore 'hello cutie' PM's, you know who you are...
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Nope and I ignore any friend request that doesn't come with an explanation as to why they want to add me. I also ignore 'hello cutie' PM's, you know who you are...

i lol at people that need explanations. just lol it's a fitness site not a dating site get over it.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

i lol at people that need explanations. just lol it's a fitness site not a dating site get over it.

Exactly, I add people who have similar goals or interests BECAUSE it's a fitness site, not people who just want to have 1,000 people on their friends list to perve at.

I like my friend list small enough that I know who people are and what they're doing.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, this is why I never get any friend requests!!

I base my requests on if I think we are like minded people :-)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hell no! I go by boob size!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I have, if I see someone( sex doesn't matter) that appears to be AT the direction I am headed, I will send a FR on occasion. As I might be able to learn something from them, that will help me achieve my goals.

But I do not just send FR's out to any (what I would percieve to be) attractive females based on profile pics. I am married, and not here to "collect" hot women on my FL. I am here to better myself, and try and help others do the same.
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, I've only sent ONE friend request (my other friends sent them to me) because I'm a bit shy, but I sent it because I found the person to be inspiring and a hard worker. I need people that will kick me in the pants ;)
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    No but if you saw my friends you'd think I was lying :wink:
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I want to say no....but then I'd be lying.
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not at all, everyone I've sent friend invites to have had something to say on the message boards that interests me.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    No. Mine are usually based on forum posts. I either want people who crack me the hell up or who are super knowledgeable when it comes to fitness/nutrition.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Exactly, I add people who have similar goals or interests BECAUSE it's a fitness site, not people who just want to have 1,000 people on their friends list to perve at.

I like my friend list small enough that I know who people are and what they're doing.

lol