You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options

Replies

• jen_can
    jen_can Posts: 3
    Options
    Packing my lunch bag everyday with lunch and 2 snacks, so I am never caught hungry without my planned portioned food.

Waking up and cooking breakfast instead of eating cereal (cereal never kept me full for long).

Working out during lunch and not even thinking twice about it.

Husband ordering pizza and I'm eating my protein/veggies.

Great thread!
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mine would also have to be when I got quite drunk one night, and around the clubs I was at were all these fast food joints...I passed a kebab shop and in my drunken irrational state, STILL thought "nah, not worth it. i'll grab a sandwich" XD
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Things I have eaten my whole life are starting to make me feel very ill. Chinese, cheeseburgers...all my favs basically...are starting to prove to NOT be my friends any longer.
  • hillclimbr
    hillclimbr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When my husband said he had noticed that I was getting thinner.

When I reached my goal weight and now am having a hard time eating enough to reach my daily net calories to maintain my weight.... because what I normally have been eating satisfies me. So another learning curve with maintenance.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking... Funny how my multigrain waffles with flax have become a cheat/treat. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    When your goals become intrinsic instead of extrinsic.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    The Sunday before last...I was attempting to figure out a workout time in between an upcoming week's worth of 4 hours classes after a 8.5 hour workday. Ended up trying to do it at 10pm...I didn't succeed :sad:

Then today - Telling myself that I'm going to restart my 2nd Turbo Fire month over again starting Monday....I'm a little OCD like that :tongue: (or CDO - the order it SHOULD be in) :laugh:
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    when I have to go to the grocery store because we're out of fruits and veggies!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I look in my pantry and see three boxes of Girl Scout cookies purchased in February still waiting to be eaten. I bought 5 total, and in the past they would have lasted maybe 5 weeks.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    when I have to go to the grocery store because we're out of fruits and veggies!
    And when there is an ingredient from the shelves on the grocery list and you realize how long it has been since you shopped in the middle of the store instead of just out on the edges...
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When the first section at the store I go to is the workout clothes!

When I make no excuses and work out even if you don't feel like it.

When I say to myself that I could eat like this for the rest of my life and be happy. :)
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When regular soda (or even diet for that matter) started tasting sickengly sweet to me.
    When my family goes to a steak house for dinner and I happily order my favorite Blackened Ahi Tuna appetizer with steamed veggies on the side for my meal because its actually what I prefer. While still enjoying a bite or two of thier steaks and being completley satisfied with my dining experience. :)
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    The day that I got up at 5:00 am and worked out until 6:00am. Felt terrific and it a new routine in my life. :smooched:
  • jacz83
    jacz83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am there yet but I love topic. Here is a mini one --- I did see someone order a 12" sub in front of me in line today and I thought, "holy, how do they eat all of that." Only months ago, I would have wanted a 12" too!

I agree...I still struggle, but am still improving in the couple weeks I have been rededicated on here. I tend to do real well with breakfasts and lunches, logging, but struggle at night.

ANYWAYS.. I think what I am most proud of is really thinking about the quantity that I am eating. As I eat smaller portions, I wonder how I could have ever inhaled what I used to just a few weeks and months ago. I really appreciate that about being healthful in this lifestyle. SLOW DOWN, SAVOR, HYDRATE. STOP. :)
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Most recently, I took only 1 bite of my daughter’s kindergarten graduation cake last night. I love me some cake!
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I no longer feel the need to nap
    Taking the kids for ice cream and not getting any for myself
    when 8 cups of water is not enough
    I welcome muscle soreness
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't eat IT just because it's there...I eat it if Im really craving it, and make sure its worth the calorie intake! LOL
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    when my co worker offers me fries...and I really only take 1!!!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    When they have cake day every month and I stay at my desk if I don't have enough "calories" to fit it in and I'm not sure how big the piece is.

AND

when I'm offered a glass of wine and my "calories" for the day are already met I say "no thanks!"... that's so weird! LOL
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! I felt the same exact way when we celebrate bithdays in the office and I allow myself ONE bite of cake. I don't want to deprive myself of cake - I love it- So... The one bite thing works and also makes me know that I am REALLY changing.
    Congrats!