Why do people act like eating is a chore?

Options
Honestly. My maintenance is 2300 cals, and some times I'm still starving after that, two days this past week i ate 3000 cals!
How do some people claim they're too full after 1200 cals? :noway:

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Honestly. My maintenance is 2300 cals, and some times I'm still starving after that, two days this past week i ate 3000 cals!

Because we fill up on low calorie foods. It's easy to eat a large amount, be full and still be under 1200 calories.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Because we fill up on low calorie foods. It's easy to eat a large amount, be full and still be under 1200 calories.
    What foods? I can eat 3 cups of carrots/broccoli and a 12oz chicken breast and my stomach will be growling at me a few hours later.
  • daisydaisydaisys
    daisydaisydaisys Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body and appetite is different, and different kinds of food will keep you full longer than others.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It is the second most ridiculous first world problem, complaining about having a hard time eating enough. The ultimate fwp being, complaining how hard it is to drink water.

ETA: This assumes no medical issues.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest you divide your day into 3 meals and 3 snacks.
    Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner (tea), and Supper.

You need approx 2 to 2.5 hours between each.
    You need to drink 2 glasses of water with each meal and one with each snack.
    Don;t go to bed until 2 hours after your supper snack.

Always try to eat protein for breakfast. For example eggs.

I hope this helps you.

Kindest Regards
  • fluffykitsune
    Options
    It is the second most ridiculous first world problem, complaining about having a hard time eating enough. The ultimate fwp being, complaining how hard it is to drink water.

ETA: This assumes no medical issues.
    Well, its just that, many of the people on here complaining that its hard to eat an extra 100 calories, somehow ate over their TDEE and gained weight in the first place.. Understanding that they became more aware of the calories in foods and what keeps them full longer. But still, regardless of 1000 calories of junk or of healthy food, your body is still throwing out signals because its lacking energy.

I wonder if its reverse psychology ? Tell yourself you aren't hungry and you dont feel as hungry?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options

What foods? I can eat 3 cups of carrots/broccoli and a 12oz chicken breast and my stomach will be growling at me a few hours later.

Well that ^^ is only about 450 cals. You SHOULD be hungry a few hours later.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Hey “fluffy,” how tall and big are you, what is your age, are you a man or a woman, how much do you workout, what is your TDEE and your BMR?

Did it occur to you a small/petite/short female may not need or be able to eat a lot of calories a day? We are all different, and calories requirement, macros and calorie burning are not the same for everybody.

Go ahead, eat and enjoy your 3000 calories a day with my blessings; and don’t worry about the rest of the people. What we do will not affect your progress
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I eat roughly 1200-1300 calories a day and I can tell you I, personally, have a hard time eating more than that. My TDEE is 1500. I have no idea how I am supposed to eat that many calories in one day. I usually don't eat breakfast (Taboo, I know, but I don't), I eat lunch, snack, dinner, snack (I'm a night person). For lunch, I'll usually have half a chicken breast in a salad, carrots, half an apple, and maybe two bottles of water. For supper I'll have whatever my mother in law makes and maybe two or more bottles of water. For snack I usually eat some dry cereal (my favourite), maybe yogurt, maybe some fruits/vegetables. After all that, I'm usually pretty stuffed. I don't even get hungry throughout the day at all, I just know it's time for me to eat, so I do. I don't understand how you can eat 2300 calories! That's seems like a lot too me! Haha.
  • ncmedic201
    Options

If I ate 3 cups of carrots and broccoli I wouldn't be able to even eat the chicken.
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I occasionally eat an entire bag of frozen vegetables for lunch. 150 calories total, but it's 5 servings. I'm stuffed after that for quite awhile. Also, I am rarely hungry after working out, or if it's really hot/humid out. On those days, I sometimes find it hard to eat my 1400 calories. It has nothing to do with not wanting to eat too much, it's just not wanting to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options

dont eat so fast takes like 20 minutes for your brain to tell your belly youre full
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Some people have eating disorders and think that high calorie tasty foods are on the 'naughty' list and should be avoided.

Therefore they struggle to eat 1200 calories because all they're eating is rabbit food.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

Vegetables + meat = carbs + protein
    Fullness = protein + fat.

Eat fats.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Never happens to me :sad:
  • fluffykitsune
    Options

Well that ^^ is only about 450 cals. You SHOULD be hungry a few hours later.
    That is exactly what I'm getting at. Its a snack. But it is also 1/2 to 1/3 of some peoples daily calories.
    Hey “fluffy,” how tall and big are you, what is your age, are you a man or a woman, how much do you workout, what is your TDEE and your BMR?

Did it occur to you a small/petite/short female may not need or be able to eat a lot of calories a day? We are all different, and calories requirement, macros and calorie burning are not the same for everybody.

Go ahead, eat and enjoy your 3000 calories a day with my blessings; and don’t worry about the rest of the people. What we do will not affect your progress

5'2" / 114lb / 18 / Female
    NROLW 3 times a week (M,W,F), half-marathon training (T,Th), backpacking 20lb, 8 - 14 miles (Sat)
    I don't have a Fitbit, HRM or have had my BMR / RMR tested so I don't know my exact TDEE. I try to stick around 2300 calories and at least 150g of protein.

Even when I'm incredibly inactive, like during testing seasons (just graduated high school), and I'm not doing much, I have a roaring appetite.

But seriously, I've been on MFP long enough to see females who are 5'8 and 200lb that do an hour of cardio a day, then say they can't eat more than 1200 calories.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You know what's hard? Not eating too much of all the delicious, delicious foods. That's hard.
  • ncmedic201
    Options
    Do you really think the calorie requirement of an 18 yo female is the same as a middle age woman?
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I can get full off of 1300-1400 cals if i've eaten properly all day, because I make sure each of my meals is at least 15+ protien, even my snacks have protien (if I can help it) so that I can still lift while on a deficit... but when I do that the protien a lot of times is still sitting on my stomach towards the next meal time... I mostly have trouble keeping up on workout days (eating back all those exercise cals) So I guess I have more problems eating closer to the 2000 mark :/ But if I eat junk, aka my old way of eating, I can eat and eat and eat (how I got here lol) Also I don't skip on carbs, which makes me even fuller during the meal
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly. Although 1,200 may be just a bit too little for me, 1,600 cals is more than filling and I can certainly see how it would differ for others (height, time spent working out, etc...). Truthfully though, I don't really understand why I see so many people on this site bashing others for eating 1,200 cals. Everybody is not built equally.