June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    well you keep taking them placebos, and we'll keep telling you they are real, lol
    congrats agaon to everyone and theyre progress
  • divaprincess86
    divaprincess86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Definetly not a placebo.. It doesn't get easier you just get stronger!! Well done!!
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    L2D5 done this morning. Baby sister graduated yesterday so I wasn't at home to get my workout in. I'm going to do another one tonight to catch up. I would like to be done by June 30th!!! Keep it up ladies and gents! I have a torn meniscus and a shifting knee cap on the other and they are killing me today but work through it. I'm looking forward to level three because I really hate level 2!
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 7 today, and I'm so nervous for Level 2! I'm afraid I won't be able to get through it. I still can't get through all of the Level 1 video without taking a 5 second break at least once.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I just did my 3rd day of level 2, is it going to get easier at any point in time? I felt like I was going to die.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Okay, did L1D8 Saturday, L1D9 yesterday, and L1D10 AND L2D1 today (was anxious to move on lol). Man!! Actually L2 wasn't as bad as I remember it. I am DEFINITELY worn out though. It feels good. :drinker:
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for several days....as some of you know I was getting weird tingling and numbness in my fingers and aching all down my arm from my shoulder on down from what I suspected was a strained or pinched nerve on Thursday. I decided to work out on Friday then take the weekend off because of it. I did L2, D5 on Friday and I think whatever I had pinched snapped back into place during the workout because all of a sudden afterwards all my symptoms went away lol But I decided to take the rest days anyway to be on the safe side.

Did L2, D6 yesterday and L2, D7 today....I must say after the first 2 days of improvement it hasn't gotten any easier...and I'm still having to take breaks and sweating buckets but I do feel like my muscles are getting stronger and I'm working my way up in some of the exercises on intensity.

My favorites are actually the walking plank pushups and the military presses...I'm weird I know but I can DO those and some of the other exercises I'm dying on! Getting some serious muscles in my shoulders and legs which is awesome but that stubborn belly fat uggg (DO NOT LOOK DOWN AT THE TUMMY WHILE DOING PLANKS-LESSON LEARNED!)

Anyway, looking forward to L3....I'm actually a bit bored by L2 now...but will stick with it for the last 3 days....

And for the person on the last page who said they felt wimpy only using 2 lb weights...DONT! I see a lot of folks on here using 5 or 8 lbs and I don't know how they do it lol. I use 1.5 kilos so a little over 3lb weights and I just tell myself that I'm using lighter weights more reps...all I know is that I'm still getting great definition in my arms and shoulders building up!

Some pics (excuse the post workout hair lol)...this is after just 3 weeks and 17 days of actual workouts....if I can do it so can you!!!

IMAG1754.jpg

IMAG1755.jpg

These arms and shoulders are what I am most excited about!! (Thats just from 3lb weights!)

IMAG1757.jpg

Now look at the cut in that shoulder!
    IMAG1758.jpg

And leg muscles!
    IMAG1759.jpg
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for several days....as some of you know I was getting weird tingling and numbness in my fingers and aching all down my arm from my shoulder on down from what I suspected was a strained or pinched nerve on Thursday. I decided to work out on Friday then take the weekend off because of it. I did L2, D5 on Friday and I think whatever I had pinched snapped back into place during the workout because all of a sudden afterwards all my symptoms went away lol But I decided to take the rest days anyway to be on the safe side.

Did L2, D6 yesterday and L2, D7 today....I must say after the first 2 days of improvement it hasn't gotten any easier...and I'm still having to take breaks and sweating buckets but I do feel like my muscles are getting stronger and I'm working my way up in some of the exercises on intensity.

My favorites are actually the walking plank pushups and the military presses...I'm weird I know but I can DO those and some of the other exercises I'm dying on! Getting some serious muscles in my shoulders and legs which is awesome but that stubborn belly fat uggg (DO NOT LOOK DOWN AT THE TUMMY WHILE DOING PLANKS-LESSON LEARNED!)

Anyway, looking forward to L3....I'm actually a bit bored by L2 now...but will stick with it for the last 3 days....

And for the person on the last page who said they felt wimpy only using 2 lb weights...DONT! I see a lot of folks on here using 5 or 8 lbs and I don't know how they do it lol. I use 1.5 kilos so a little over 3lb weights and I just tell myself that I'm using lighter weights more reps...all I know is that I'm still getting great definition in my arms and shoulders building up!

Some pics (excuse the post workout hair lol)...this is after just 3 weeks and 17 days of actual workouts....if I can do it so can you!!!

IMAG1754.jpg

IMAG1755.jpg

These arms and shoulders are what I am most excited about!! (Thats just from 3lb weights!)

IMAG1757.jpg

Now look at the cut in that shoulder!
    IMAG1758.jpg

And leg muscles!
    IMAG1759.jpg

Girl you look freaking awesome!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm so glad the tingling went away. Sometimes you just have to push through it!! I'm getting really bored with Level 2 as well. Knocking out Day6 tonight because I just want to move on. May start doing two a day so I can be done by June 30th!

Btw I can totally see the cut in those shoulders! You definitely have a reason to be proud and smile ;) Lets hope we all get the great results that you have achieved!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options

Girl you look freaking awesome!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm so glad the tingling went away. Sometimes you just have to push through it!! I'm getting really bored with Level 2 as well. Knocking out Day6 tonight because I just want to move on. May start doing two a day so I can be done by June 30th!

Btw I can totally see the cut in those shoulders! You definitely have a reason to be proud and smile ;) Lets hope we all get the great results that you have achieved!

Awww thanks! I looked at pics I took when I started 3 weeks ago and honestly, its like I'm a different person. That's what I love about Jillian, is she honestly gets results fast and you can see a difference pretty quickly which helps to keep me motivated.

Everyone said I was within all the healthy ranges for my age etc before I started this but I didn't FEEL healthy and I was on a trend towards packing on the pounds...14 pounds in the past year...I didn't want to "look good for 31" I wanted to look awesome. PERIOD.

But I couldnt have gotten this far if it wasnt for the encouragement of the friends I have made here and folks posting in this group...so thank you all and I can't wait to keep going and finish this and then Ripped in 30 and then whatever we do next!

Also I can't believe you are going to do 2 a day....haha I'd just die I think!
  • amandamiller1985
    Options
    Today was suppose to be Level 2 Day 1 however I had to stop not even halfway through. I simply had no motivation to continue, part of it was because I was getting bored with it and the other part was my cat, he kept getting in the way. Tomorrow I am going to push myself to get through Day 1 of Level 2!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I skipped day 7 (level 1). I got off work really late and had every intention of doing it but I didn't feel like it. Oh well. Lesson learned though. On days I know I will be getting home late I will force myself to wake up early to get the workout in because I don't plan on missing anymore days. I took my measurements this morning so I'm looking forward to finishing the program and seeing my progress. Hopefully the weather holds out today because I want to jog after shredding.
  • shemyg06
    Options
    look at you mel, lookin how you lookin
    im proud of you and your progress. congrats
    today I do day 8 of level 1, almost through it, then on to the hard stuff, lol
    wish me luck
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just joining but I Shred to supplement my running/gym days. I swear level 2 has me sweating more than when I run 8 miles! The squat thrusts are a little easier now but somewhere around the military leg presses, I always have to towel off or my eyes sting from the sweat...Jillian kicks my butt!
  • Aylapba
    Aylapba Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else missing the afterburn? I did L2D4 yesterday. It almost killed me on day 1, but after only a cpl days it's already feeling breezy... and I don't have any morning after burn! :( ...

I love that feeling and just want it to come baaacckk!!

:sad:

I haven't had morning after burn since L1D4.... Do an extra workout on top of 30 ds? :P Maybe that'll make the burn come back. Though I must say, I don't miss it as much as you. :P I appreciate the feeling of being able to sit down without thinking my legs are on fire.

Same here, no burn/pain since L1D4 and I've upped my weights to 5kg.
    Have done the 30 days but am doing an extra 10 days until my body rev dvd comes. I can often be found screaming at Jillian though :)
  • katiej080810
    Options
    I'm on my first week of shred, have done 3 workouts so far and 1 run yesterday. I have been eating pretty well, definityly could be better but more exercise than I have done in a long while. So this morning I thought I would check in on the scale and see if I have lost anything yet this week, I gained 3 pounds! Can muscle really add that much that fast? I really want the scale to go down, not up! I have a good 40 pounds to lose still. What's up with that?
  • shemyg06
    Options
    just finished day 8 of the shred, and again I was beat, I don't even do the ending stretch, I just lay there for a while and call that my cool down, lol
    I kind of feel the same, I do know in the that muscle will burn more calories helping you loose fat in the long run and its slimmer, so even if you gain weight, if it is muscle you still may be loosing inches, but for I just decided to stay away from the scale until the end of the shred, this will be super hard, to not weigh in for 22 more days, lol
    ill also take my after pics at that time though
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    L2D7-done!

You know what I realised when I was doing it

(have to think of anything else to distract me from the sound and feel of my heart pounding as though its going to explode!)

I may be moaning about this level on here after every time I have done it.......but.......I'm still doing it.....everyday! Still pushing myself and still trying to keep up with Natalie now I'm on the last few days. I may not be able to do as many jump planks or bloody squats as them but I still go just as into the movement as she does, only less reps.

There are things I can do too....the walking push ups...from someone who couldn't even do a proper push up 17 days ago that's pretty good!
    The straight leg lunges and the military presses, and my favourite in a masochistic kinda way.....the ab exercises where you bring your legs up.

Guessing the reason I look back on level 1 so fondly is that by the end I could really manage it. Not saying it was easy, but I knew what was coming and that I could manage it all in one go, without breaks and with my weights and I no longer felt like I was going to die. So really it's a good thing this level is hard, means I'm not phoning it in as Jillian would say, I am working for every little victory.

Keep it up guys :happy:
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    D4 L2 done yesterday.

Definitely easier, but was still dripping by the end, and felt exhausted.

Managed to do ALL of the walk out push-ups ... this is the first time EVER that I have managed a full press-up and I did many!!

Does anyone else have trouble doing the last strength exercise - squats + V-lift? I can do the squats, but have to use teeney weights for the V-lifts?
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I start in the morning, anxious, hoping I succeed
  • LoveInNumbers
    Options
    Level 2, Day 18 completed.
    I almost forgot to post my completion again.

I wonder if I'm the youngest person doing the 30DS >_> ...
    Knees didnt hurt as much and I've gotten better at some of them.