married or taken

Options

Replies

• Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    um no its called being unfaithful..

Last I checked flirting wasn't being unfaithful.....
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Flirting is normal, normal, normal!!

Sorry, but flirting when married is not normal. I'm not saying it's wrong for every marriage, because each couple has their own "rules". I'm saying that people who choose not to flirt with anyone once they are married or in a committed relationship are not abnormal.

You contradict yourself. You said " I'm not saying it's wrong for every marriage, because each couple has their own rules."...right after you said "Sorry, but flirting when married is not normal." ? Which one of those do you actually believe in? I won't judge you if you think flirting is a crime, but you better not judge me when I engage in playful exchanges with my friends here on MFP. These exchanges keep me cheerful and light-hearted - that cannot be bad for a happy marriage!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

Last I checked flirting wasn't being unfaithful.....

I always thought it was called flirting. Just shows you what I know! :flowerforyou:
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Defnition of flirting.....

Verb

1.Behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but without serious intentions: "it amused her to flirt with him".
    2.Experiment with or show a superficial interest in (an idea, activity, or movement) without committing oneself to it seriously.
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    popcorn-o.gif
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

marilyn-monroe-sad.gif

I love this!
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    As long as you are perfect in your life, I accept you judging others.

BOOM!!!!! TAKE THAT!!!!.............walk off shot
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

No, it is not being unfaithful. Being unfaithful is actively cheating on your spouse by seeing someone else and engaging in a physical relationship with them. That much said, the flirting needs to be harmless and not riddled with innuendos.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Flirting is normal, normal, normal!!

Sorry, but flirting when married is not normal. I'm not saying it's wrong for every marriage, because each couple has their own "rules". I'm saying that people who choose not to flirt with anyone once they are married or in a committed relationship are not abnormal.

You contradict yourself. You said " I'm not saying it's wrong for every marriage, because each couple has their own rules."...right after you said "Sorry, but flirting when married is not normal." ? Which one of those do you actually believe in? I won't judge you if you think flirting is a crime, but you better not judge me when I engage in playful exchanges with my friends here on MFP. These exchanges keep me cheerful and light-hearted - that cannot be bad for a happy marriage!

Well said!! And good catch on that contradiction... I feel the same as you. Flirting is just part of life and the playful exchanges keep things happy and even better at home!
  • Refr_Quicksilver
    Options
    LOL at this post..... seriously?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Blissfully married for 17 years together 20+ with 2 awesome kids. My husband and I both flirt, though usually we are together and we're usually flirting with the same person and it's usually our local Hooters or Tilted Kilt girl :bigsmile: But honey you better believe we both know where our biscuits get buttered every night and wouldn't think of jeopardizing the lives we've worked so hard to build these past 20+ years! Complimenting someone, or engaging someone on an internet forum is hardly being unfaithful, lol! :laugh: However once you start PM'ing people, or keeping things you do on-line secret from your mate, for me that is crossing the line.... but as someone stated earlier in the thread each relationship is different and has their own set of rules/boundaries, etc.....If my husband so chooses, he's more than welcome to go through any of my sites, electronics, etc..... but he knows I have nothing to hide, and he trusts me implicitly. So long as you're not keeping things a big secret it's all harmless fun/flirting. :drinker:

THIS^^^ :flowerforyou:
  • ForumSamurai
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds it humorous that people keep e-b*tch-slapping her, an hour after she deleted her account?
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You contradict yourself. You said " I'm not saying it's wrong for every marriage, because each couple has their own rules."...right after you said "Sorry, but flirting when married is not normal." ?
    Surely you know the difference between "wrong" and "normal".
  • wineplease
    Options
    Well said!! And good catch on that contradiction
    What contradiction? The two of you are missing my point. There is a difference between something being normal and something being wrong. My point was that flirting isn't "wrong" in every relationship because there are different rules, but that doesn't mean it's the norm. Not sure how you conclude that I'm contradicting myself.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Happily married... Wait what was the question.....

How you doin :wink:
  • wineplease
    Options
    I won't judge you if you think flirting is a crime, but you better not judge me when I engage in playful exchanges with my friends here on MFP.

Never said flirting was a crime. Never judged anyone flirting with their friends. I gave my opinion to the OP because I've personally seen "harmless" flirting ruin relationships on here. Then I responded to the poster who claims flirting while married is "normal, normal, normal".
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Blissfully married for 17 years together 20+ with 2 awesome kids. My husband and I both flirt, though usually we are together and we're usually flirting with the same person and it's usually our local Hooters or Tilted Kilt girl :bigsmile: But honey you better believe we both know where our biscuits get buttered every night and wouldn't think of jeopardizing the lives we've worked so hard to build these past 20+ years! Complimenting someone, or engaging someone on an internet forum is hardly being unfaithful, lol! :laugh: However once you start PM'ing people, or keeping things you do on-line secret from your mate, for me that is crossing the line.... but as someone stated earlier in the thread each relationship is different and has their own set of rules/boundaries, etc.....If my husband so chooses, he's more than welcome to go through any of my sites, electronics, etc..... but he knows I have nothing to hide, and he trusts me implicitly. So long as you're not keeping things a big secret it's all harmless fun/flirting. :drinker:

THIS^^^ :flowerforyou:

x2
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds it humorous that people keep e-b*tch-slapping her, an hour after she deleted her account?

Humorous or sad, I can't decide.