whats the most disgusting thing you ever ate?

Options

Replies

• tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Black licorice.
    Pop-Tarts.

Hmm... black licorice pop-tarts...

I think I need to write a letter to a company...

DO IT
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    shiritaki noodles... they smell gross until you rinse them, and end up just weird.

DITTO!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Hemp protein. ugh.

I second this. First time I tried to drink 5 table spoons in water and it was like quaffing saw dust mixed with sand. Then I thought I would mix some into oatmeal and this happened.

976316_10101814686101582_1681058507_o.jpg

Luckily, I have since learned the maximum quantities to use it so that it doesn't interfere with the taste and texture of what I am eating.

Okay, I get trying to eat healthier, but what the heck is wrong with a brownie?
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    shiritaki noodles... they smell gross until you rinse them, and end up just weird.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    A Healthy Choice meal.
  • cmkme
    cmkme Posts: 11
    Options
    I once ordered a Dunkin Donuts veggie egg white flatbread. Smelled and tasted like an old sock.
  • Shaolin_Life
    Shaolin_Life Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Crow. :sick:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Natto

FTW. This is the one food that I have tried repeatedly and utterly failed to develop a taste for.

Squid guts? check
    Sea urchin? check
    Goya? check
    Natto? I'd rather lick up my own vomit.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Papaya
  • j4zepedajj
    j4zepedajj Posts: 70
    Options
    I've eaten a lot of things... I would have to say eating Bolute was pretty nasty... Its the chicken embryo in the egg...
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Deli Roast Beef---used to like it but had a bad experience with it over 10 years ago. Bought fresh and consumed the same day BUT became "violently ill". I still cannot even bear to look at it, or even think about it without that feeling returning. It scarred me for life. :)
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Coconut water. Hands down. Just the thought is making my stomach roll.
  • enigmachik
    enigmachik Posts: 150
    Options
    In a drunken stupor a friend and I once got up in the middle of the night and made sandwiches from left over egg-salad that was in her fridge. We never turned on the lights. In the morning when I went to get something out of the fridge I noticed the egg salad we had been eating was completely covered in mold. GAG!
  • Hennagrrl
    Hennagrrl Posts: 11
    Options
    The most DISGUSTING thing I ever ate was "American-style" peanut butter in China in the mid-80s... it was salted with soy sauce and tasted just awful! It was even worse than the fish eyeballs that my host family gave me... Although... we did have a pizza in northern Italy during the World Cup finals (and Italy was playing)...we were the only people in the restaurant and the staff all wanted to watch the game... so the pizza we got had pickled vegetables and little Vienna sausages on it... it was horrible, but we ate it b/c we'd been hiking all day and were starving...

Shiritaki noodles aren't great, but at least they don't taste like much if you use a good sauce. The smell is off-putting, though.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    any juice with thick consistency... YUCK, same with smoothies and shakes, ewwww no no no

sea food (except plain fish)

beets, without counting the fact that turns your pee red and freaks u out at first lol.. tastes like grass, eww
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Fat-free soy milk. blech!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Dr. Brown's Stevia soda = reaction.

And those shirataki noodles? Undesirable laxative effect! YIKES!
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    Dr. Brown's Stevia soda = reaction.

And those shirataki noodles? Undesirable laxative effect! YIKES!

From this and all the other comments of nastiness I will not be trying those noodles. :sick:
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Red Hots
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Papaya

Me too. It's the only food I can think of that I flat out do not like.