chub rub aka thigh gap

Options

Replies

• twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I put a skirt on this year for the first time in 20 years! Walked 3 and a half miles and no thigh rub!!! woooot wooooot I'm at 142 lb and 5ft 3
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a dancer and that means i've always had big build up thighs because well.. you use those muscles A LOT for ballet.. Without a thigh gap i don't remember rubbing issues whenever i was 16 years old and weighted like 105 pounds and now i barely have issues at 134. I reckon it's a thing related to body composition as others pointed out how wide your hips are therefore how separated the legs are and also for me i think it has to do with muscle. If you have muscly thighs i think chances are they're gonna rub less than if they're less muscle and more fat. I would say instead of continuing to lose weight until you're a stick so the thigh gap appear, i would exercise that part of your body so it would be more muscular and firm.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I had one when I was 7. I will never have one again and I'm ok with that as long as they keep making diaper rash cream!!!!
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is awesome for that, especially for running. I could not even begin to wear shorts to run without that stuff! I wouldn't make it out of my driveway. It's just like deodorant, but prevents the chub rub. Even as a kid, I never liked wearing short shorts, because I don't recall a time that my thighs have not touched. I'm just built like that, no matter what weight I am. Genetics!
  • katygirl66
    katygirl66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    its been so long that I don't know, but I always wear spanx under my dresses, so much better than that burn from chafing
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wear 7 inch long "sliders" or compression shorts underneath regular running shorts. Keeps the rub from happening!!
    [/quote]

^^^^ this!!!! There is a reason I feel I should own stock in under armour!!!!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    My thighs would rub pretty bad when I was 215lbs, now at 170, not anymore. Heck, even at 190 it wasn't bad.

I'm just starting to love my thighs again.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've always had my thighs touch. Even when i was 110 lbs and in amazing shape. =/

I just rub deodorant on my thighs and go about my day, helps from chaffing. =)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I use deodorant but want BodyGlide as I've heard it's awesome.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've never in my life had a gap between my thighs - I don't think it's in the cards for me, because of my body structure/composition. Even when I was in elementary/middle school and always playing sports, my thighs rubbed. As others have pointed out, I think a big chunk of it has more to do with just how you're built rather than weight (although I'm sure both play a role).
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you carry your weight. For me, it is hips, butt, and thighs. I am quite sure I will never have a "thigh gap" and quite frankly, I didn't even know there was such a thing before coming to MFP. :noway:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    The only thigh gap I've ever had is the one I create intentionally for sexy time with my boyfriend. I'm sure he couldn't care less about it any other time and neither do I.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I dont have a gap but they also dont rub when i walk or run. And i'm 5'5 and 155 lbs for reference.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    BUMP.....It would give me great pleasure to get my thighs to stop rubbing, touching etc....Still work in progress....So Sexy to me.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    22828839_zpsc1cadaa6.jpg

AHAHAHAH!!! omg, this cracked me up!!!
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    something i'd like to know the answer to also.... hoping the next 10 lbs will help me get there since thats all i have left to lose
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i think for some it may never go away. i'm a male and fairly thin and i'm pretty sure my thighs touch.

if its uncomfortable, you should be able to get to the point where its a lot more comfortable.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    My thighs always touch. Just not as greatly as when I'm heavier. My grandma use to get on my case about being fat and thighs touching. I wasn't fat at the time she said this. I'm just naturally built with touching thighs. So, I wear shorts under dresses. Can't stand the thighs sweaty and rubbing.

Last year the whole family was together for a funeral. I have 4 girl cousins always thin. They are all now 30 plus in age. 2 had touching thighs and 2 didn't. I felt better about the way I'm built.

It has to do with the width of your pelvic and hip bones.

I have been teeny tiny and big and my thighs have always touched too. My Dr told me when I was pregnant that it is because I have very narrow hips and pelvic floor
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    edited - wrong post
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I know women that are heavy set and have "thigh gap" and I know women who are quite thin and their thighs touch. I think you will lose inches in your thighs as you lose weigh of course but the "thigh gap" is only achieved by those who have the body structure that allows for such. Some womens hips and thighs will always make their thighs touch regardless how much weight they lose.

At my thinnest (height of my ED) in my early 20's my thighs still touched. Now that I've added muscle, I am 20lbs heavier, but my thighs don't rub as much, but I'm certain I'll never achieve the every saught after "THIGH GAP"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!