trying burpee challenge

Options

Replies

• nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    I hate Burpees but of course do them anyway.

To add a little intensity I would try doing jumping jack, cross jab, (if you can) fall into push up posistion, push up, inch worm feet to hands, and then your final jump
    Im trying to get a visual of what that would look like. Im always game for new ideas.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Ill check back in on this thread in 2025 when the OP is up to 50 burpees.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    lets all remember this board should be motivational, we will all have out off day, hard to go 100 days without missins a beat, right
    don't know if yall noticed but ive already missed one day, lol
    but lets all just keep up the good work

You got this! Are you really that tired after 9 burpees? If so, take a break. Then do some more. At the rate you are going, you arent going to get anywhere unless you push yourself outside your comfort zone. Once you get to 10 burpees, try that as a set of 1, recover.....then do another set of 10. Your body will adapt.
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    With each day my burps get slower and uglier. LOL But I got r done.
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great for you OP!

We do burpees (what a silly name for something SO painful) in a couple of my exercise classes and they are effective at making me sweat, tremble, and cry. That said, they are excellent exercises and when I am done, I feel fierce!

:)
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    WTG @ 9! I have a race this weekend, so no burpees for a few days. I'll try and post my fun version next week.
    Looking forward to the fun version. Have a great race.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Do people really not like burpees that much? I must be crazy or something cause i really like them. They are a great move. I totally suck at push ups so i do them with out...I recently did a pushup challenge to try and get batter at them so maybe I will try to add some...No doubt it is a HARD move, but its a great work out for me, that's why I like it. I don't remember how many I can do at once...I have not tried to max them lately...Hey! Can we do that!? Can we all try to do as many as possible and then post our max? I guess it would be different for everyone since we don't all do them the same...but it would be interesting and it would get us all moving a little more.....I will try it with just the squat down, jump feet out, jump feet in and stand up.....how many of those can you do?
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    Great for you OP!

We do burpees (what a silly name for something SO painful) in a couple of my exercise classes and they are effective at making me sweat, tremble, and cry. That said, they are excellent exercises and when I am done, I feel fierce!

:)
    Lol. I love your enthusiasm.
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    Do people really not like burpees that much? I must be crazy or something cause i really like them. They are a great move. I totally suck at push ups so i do them with out...I recently did a pushup challenge to try and get batter at them so maybe I will try to add some...No doubt it is a HARD move, but its a great work out for me, that's why I like it. I don't remember how many I can do at once...I have not tried to max them lately...Hey! Can we do that!? Can we all try to do as many as possible and then post our max? I guess it would be different for everyone since we don't all do them the same...but it would be interesting and it would get us all moving a little more.....I will try it with just the squat down, jump feet out, jump feet in and stand up.....how many of those can you do?
    Im down to max out with you. When do we start. Im thinking tomorrow morning.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    How do you guys post up a video of your burpee? I made a video but do not know how to link it on this message board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3cEL6Xh28c
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Im down to max out with you. When do we start. Im thinking tomorrow morning.

I was gonna do them in a few minutes...but I guess whenever you can?
  • mommia0910
    mommia0910 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am inspired. I am going to start this challenge tonight. :) Keep up the good work.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    How do you guys post up a video of your burpee? I made a video but do not know how to link it on this message board.

Nicely done! :smile:

I tried mine today by placing my hands on a medicine ball during the push up. I didn't face plant but I came close once or twice!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options

I like them, they and mountain climbers get my HR up!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    ok so I just did 20 in a row

stand, squat, jump feet back, jump feet in, stand, repeat.

I could probably rest for a couple of minutes and do some more...
    I might could do more than that if I had been doing them regularly...but I have not done any exercising in months! Well except the pushup challenge...Just lost my motivation somewhere and stopped for a while...I have just this week started staying at or under my calories a lot better and I have not had any horrible junk food in that time either...this is a victory for me cause I fell off the wagon almost a year ago and started SLOWLY gaining back and stopped exercising. I had been on the wagon for a year before that, and had lost almost 70 lbs. I was about 9 lbs from goal when I fell off, stopped exercising, stopped eating as good, and started gaining back...now i am 27 lbs from goal...but like I said, the past week I have done pretty dang good with my eating. Those 20 burpees were the first real cardio I have done since I can remember.....now that I have taken a few minutes to type this...I wonder if I can do some more...BRB
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    ok did 10 more...I think I could have made it 12-15 but I did not wanna push it again and regret it tomorrow.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I already fumbled. Didn't do any burpees this weekend. Didn't remember them until after I'd eaten dinner and by then I was too full to jump around. sigh. Gym tonight - I'll do more than a couple to pay for my mistake!
    Totally diggin your dedication.

:huh: If that was not meant in sarcasm, you may disregard my comments below.

[edited for extremely long rant]

Never sarcasm. You mentioned making up for the days you lost and I found that admirable. I believe no one has any right to stand in judgement of another. For me this journey is about dedication and change and I sensed that in your comment. Please forgive for any misunderstanding. I'm all about encouragement and sharing my journey with others.:flowerforyou:
    Speaking of which....Its burpee time.

Thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Start of video -- "Aww man, he's already in shape! This isn't fair!"
    Middle of video -- "He can even do a pull up and diamond push ups. arrrrggggghhhhhh"
    End of video -- "Hey, I hear him breathing heavy and his pull up is a little weaker. He's human! I can do the weak pull up...er, well maybe I can one day!" *inspirational moment*

Thanks! And congrats on not having that heart attack with your son filming :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    ok so I just did 20 in a row

stand, squat, jump feet back, jump feet in, stand, repeat.

I could probably rest for a couple of minutes and do some more...
    I might could do more than that if I had been doing them regularly...but I have not done any exercising in months! Well except the pushup challenge...Just lost my motivation somewhere and stopped for a while...I have just this week started staying at or under my calories a lot better and I have not had any horrible junk food in that time either...this is a victory for me cause I fell off the wagon almost a year ago and started SLOWLY gaining back and stopped exercising. I had been on the wagon for a year before that, and had lost almost 70 lbs. I was about 9 lbs from goal when I fell off, stopped exercising, stopped eating as good, and started gaining back...now i am 27 lbs from goal...but like I said, the past week I have done pretty dang good with my eating. Those 20 burpees were the first real cardio I have done since I can remember.....now that I have taken a few minutes to type this...I wonder if I can do some more...BRB

Did you do the pushup in there?
    Wasn't sure if you just forgot to type it in or forgot to do it.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This burpee stuff is a BEAST. Since I am lazy today and not hitting the gym, I will shoot for 11 burpees. May as well do somethiing. You all rock!