Replies

• littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Crush her.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    It's not vain or petty, IMO... it's motivation to get the job done!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It's not vain or petty. She's a Debbie Downer, and you're doing the right thing. It will be incredibly fun to show her that life DOESN'T have to suck.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like she's a bad, or spiteful person, necessarily, in fact that sounds like something she has programmed inside herself and was projecting on you.

That being said, get svelte and toned and rub her face in it like a dog who peed on the carpet.

It might inspire her. I hate when people say rude things to others, what are they hoping to accomplish?
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    "Don't let people who have given up on their dreams talk you out of yours!"

Great quote! Love it.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think she thought you were calling her skinny fat. I can just imagine how her writing about the same conversation would go. Don't be too hard or her, and don't be too hard on yourself for your reaction either. Just do a little deep breathing, and let the whole thing go.

This was my immediate thought as well.
  • Marthaylo
    Marthaylo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's more then likely jealousy of your weight loss success. You may even find that when you reach your goal her and other friends may be rude. I lost weight years ago and I had a friend that made several comments until I finally called her out on it.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    not vain or petty in my opinion. HONEST !! I love it and I hope you get skinnier then her then you can give her your old "fat clothes" because your swimming in them and they will fit her.

ahahahaha

That would be the best revenge ever.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    This may be vain and petty...but I was recently talking to one of my friends (whose constantly trying to lose 10-15lbs) about how this whole weightloss thing was going for me. I told her that I had changed things up recently and started lifting heavy things because I didn't want to be 'skinny fat,' still fluffy but in a normal weight range.

She gives me a side eye and says, 'why bother its not like you are going to be skinny anyway...'

I guess my face must have shown something (wtf, most likely) because she quickly followed it up by saying, 'well, its not like I'll ever be skinny either.'

And so now my petty motivation is to be 'skinnier' than she is. Its vain and petty and slightly terrible, but there it is. People need to play things in their head before they speak out loud. Seriously.

omg how rude I am genuinely shocked!

Bring on the competition I say! I would honestly use this as an incentive to get uber fit and throw in some 'diet tips' to piss her off :p:p:p
  • cutlooseat60
    Options
    She's just jealous. You have achieved something that she can"t seem to get because she is weak.
  • Gingersnapsmom
    Gingersnapsmom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    She frankly wouldn't be my friend anymore. What a bit**y comment!

I agree and it doesn't sound like she is much of a friend anyway! Jealousy....
  • melb_alex
    Options
    yea that was uncool of your "friend" she probably see's you gaining confidence and making a change in life and she is probably jealous..

This happened a lot to me ^^^ 'You're so skinny, anorexic etc' 69 does not constitute an eating disorder!
  • melb_alex
    Options
    69 kilos*** LOL
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "Don't let people who have given up on their dreams talk you out of yours!"

Oooh, I like this!
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    not vain or petty in my opinion. HONEST !! I love it and I hope you get skinnier then her then you can give her your old "fat clothes" because your swimming in them and they will fit her.

Best. Revenge. Ever.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I find this whole thread vain, petty and I would also say childish. Just let what she said go and get into shape for youself, not to crush someone else.
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    She seems...like a bit of a tool. Hate to say it, but yeah...either she wants you to live long and prosper, or she doesn't. Friends shouldn't actively suck up your joy.
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    It's a reason to start, it isn't a mean to finish. With motivation like that, you're not bound to get far. Once you get skinnier than her, it's over. You've reached your goal. It should be more than just to look better than someone else, but to better yourself. To become the best version of yourself, inside and out.

So continue with your goal, but it won't get you too far.
  • melb_alex
    Options
    It's a reason to start, it isn't a mean to finish. With motivation like that, you're not bound to get far. Once you get skinnier than her, it's over. You've reached your goal. It should be more than just to look better than someone else, but to better yourself. To become the best version of yourself, inside and out.

So continue with your goal, but it won't get you too far.

I think you have a point here. In essence, she is wanting to better herself for herself but her friends words have fuelled her motivation.

It is only in our nature to react the way that has been mentioned but the overriding focus should be for herself.

Weight is such a controversial subject and I think her friend was a little thoughtless.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good for you.

Good Luck!!!:drinker: