Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans. They look atrocious on ANYONE. Babydoll dresses/shirts. Makes you look prego.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Visible bras. If you can't wear a bra without it being visible in the top - don't. If you don't have the pair to go without a bra - don't buy the top. I don't want to see your dirty off white bra straps with a spaghetti strap tank...so easy to just put on a strapless. If it's some crazy partially backless thing...get the proper undergarments ladies. Please. It looks SO bad.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Lets just ban clothing altogether, problem solved.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Visible bras. If you can't wear a bra without it being visible in the top - don't. If you don't have the pair to go without a bra - don't buy the top. I don't want to see your dirty off white bra straps with a spaghetti strap tank...so easy to just put on a strapless. If it's some crazy partially backless thing...get the proper undergarments ladies. Please. It looks SO bad.

LOL, that's what my mother-in-law says....
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

LOL, that's what my mother-in-law says....

Oh no! I'm becoming your mother-in-law! lol! I almost felt old but I've hated this since I was about 14 and girls around me started doing it I think. Crocs too. Definitely no crocs.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for pointing out my hideous error, I accept so humbly. It's been a REALLY long time since high school French::embarassed:

Faux Pas: Stays the same. When a noun ends in s, it doesn't change in the plural -- in writing nor in pronunciation. As for the adjective faux, masculine adjectives ending in -aux stay the same in the plural. If it was feminine however, fausse would become fausses.
  • rocky503
    Options
    I second the Croc thing. They are actually banned at my daughter's elementary school.

Mostly I just wonder what people think when they are either dressing in clothes that don't fit or go with their body type or are dressing way too young for their age.

I think a half shirt OR low rise jeans can be a good look. Not both with a pierced belly....especially an unfit belly which is nearly always the case.

Also I don't want to be made painfully aware someone is wearing a thong. As in riding on their hips above their low rise jeans.
  • rocky503
    Options
    Skinny jeans. They look atrocious on ANYONE. Babydoll dresses/shirts. Makes you look prego.

I never did like baby doll dresses. Always thought it was creepy for a grown woman to dress like a toddler.
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love when people wear ridiculous outfits, love the black socks and sandals, almost all listed. It gives me a grin and makes me feel better about being the chick always in yoga pants and vibrams (always trying to get a workout in)
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    White sneakers
    Jeans with sneakers
    Mom jeans (high waisted jeans with big pockets on the *kitten*)
    Ed Hardy clothing
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Diaper pants

rs_293x473-130408105847-634.Halle.Justin.mh.040813.jpg

Just WOW!!!
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's just the area I live in, but I'm constantly seeing women wearing short shorts that are so small that they are walking around with a constant wedgie.Oh and chicks with really big sagging boobs wearing tank tops with no bra! I should have gone blind by now....I swear....
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about the current strangle scarf trend. On a recent trip to he zoo, there were about 15 ladies wearing strangle scarves.

image-33.jpg~original

Also, the girls who are wearing the sweaters with a shirt underneath and the rail of the shirt hanging out.

image-34.jpg~original

And guys who are "sporting the sag". Pull up your pants men!
  • banana_milk
    Options
    Leggings + UGGS... nearly every girl on campus wears this combo every single day.
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    P.S. Guys if you go somewhere with your girlfriend (especailly if it like out to eat) and she looks nice and wearing a dress or an outfit that she looks cute in, dont be douche and wear baggy pants and an oversized t-shirt... if she looks nice you need to look nice, otherwise it makes her look like she has horrible taste.

d'aww how sweet!
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328
    Options
    Now i'm cringing at how many of these things I'm guilty of haha!

My main one is girls wearing clothes that are obviously too small, giving them really obvious bulges and muffin tops.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little snarky today and thinking about this:

The Maxi, another name for MUMU, makes me think of great aunt Rita in Florida
    Leggins and/or jeggins, those are STRETCH PANTS no matter what you call them or as my neighbor calls them "I give up pants".
    Belly button piercing, half shirt and low rise jeans. Atrocious on most anyone I've seen it on , especially over a certain age.

I'm routinely amazed at what people will purposely put on their body. How about you?:huh:

Sorry but maxi dresses and mumu's are two different animals. I have a tall, thin friend who wears maxi dresses, looks fabulous and it in no way resembles a mumu

I have certain tops that look awesome with leggings and boots.

I have my belly pierced, wear midriff bearing tops and low rise jeans. I have an awesome body and I am 38. If you can pull it off then do it (I will never give up my low rise jeans. I am short waisted and anything with a high waist band makes me look like I'm about 82 with my pants pulled up to my boobs!)

Now, to address the actual post:

Not a fan of uggs in an way, shape or form. Crocs are ridiculous and guys should never wear skinny jeans or capri's.

If you can wear it thats awesome and its awesome to pull it off.

I hate skinny jeans on guys.
    hate UGGs as well
    absolute no go white knee high boots...looks like youre coming out of a whorehouse
    girls with tops and not the appropriate bra underneath. I hate seeing the bra straps.
    shoes and belts have to fit (im a bit crazy about that) and maybe handbag lol
    not a big fan of scarves
    and Im sick of the nerd glasses somehow Idk...
    dont like rapper outfits on guys.
    dont like "*****y outfits" on girls. I think the skirt should be longer than your vagina
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I try to not care about others dress sense as I'm so rubbish myself. I once got caught by a very handsome metre reader whilst I was wearing scrub pants, wellies with pictures of vegetables on them and cleaning up dog mess with a child's spade. I'm in no position to criticise
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the person who mentioned Crocs. How could I forget? Also, sometimes it's not even what the person is wearing, but the event that they're wearing it for. Like high heels on the beach.

OH YES CROCS uuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaarggggggggggggggggggggg
  • themeIcanbe
    Options
    Clothes that are far too tight, too small and/or obviously made for your 16 year old daughter. Honey, if you're an Australian size 16 don't try and squeeze yourself into a 12. I see many people....large, medium or small who dress for their size and always look gorgeous. :smile: