• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    4:39 AM here.

And 3:20 PM as well.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I failed this morning... set the alarm and was even awake... when I went back to bed and slept through my morning run. Thankfully tonight I can run after work as the kids are in wrestling practice. Just might end up having to run in the rain

I missed my alarm too, but I didn't wake up. It went off at 4:30 am and I slept right through it. Didn't hear it at all.
    But it's all good. I'm getting a decent home workout from running up and down stairs carrying things from the basement to the garage for a garage sale in 2 days. Plus I am moving heavy bins from one spot to another, emptying them, filling them, moving them again.... Can't wait till it's all sold. haha

Hoping to be back to the early mornings by next week at the LATEST!!
    I would prefer to be back on track tomorrow though. I just don't see that happening. haha
  • LittleLisa10
    Options
    Just joined today! and Man..... it's so nice to know there are other people who are not only up...... but who appreciate this Beautiful time of the day. I can get more done before work than most do all day. I hope that doesn't sound arrogant as I'm a pretty humble person......Anyway I'm 56 years old and just three years ago I was running 3 miles a day. A new job driving all day has destroyed my body. Gotta Get It Back ! ! ! Any help in the form of tips and advice is so appreciated. Wish me luck !
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    glad to see all the early risers.... i am up at 4:45 and working out by 5 am on the elliptical ;-) when i started working out in january i tried working out in the afternoon after work and it just didn't work. so each morning up i go... i am happy to say that the snooze only wins every so often!!!! now if i don't workout i feel like i am missing something all day...
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I was in the squat rack at 5am today. Kicked it's @$$... now I am in the office eating some bacon along with my normal hard boiled eggs and piece of cheese.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I am an early workout person for sure...Once I'm done with my day at work I have ZERO motivation to go to the gym...it's also been so hot here lately, it's not good weather for walking my two dogs (boxers get overheated very easily).

I find I have more energy if I work out first thing...I wouldn't go back now.

Oh-today was Pilates at 5AM...yesterday was cardio (arc trainer) at 4:45 AM. BOOYAH
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was up early (and slightly mad for exercising at 5am) but some of you put me to shame! :laugh:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

I'm getting a late start today, usually I'm finishing up by now. But spent the morning on a great phone call with my son stationed in South Korea. So now it's time to knock out my 30 Day Shred then a 20 miles bike ride.

Thanks Gorilla now I want bacon and don't have any here .. guess I have to suffer with some sausage :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread, and since I just started am workouts, thought I'd check in! I am not a morning person, and actually burn more calories if I can workout in the afternoon, however, my life just tends to get in the way if I let it. So, morning workout it is!

I'm up at 5:30, working out by 5:45 and usually in the shower by 6:30. Right now I'm doing Level 3 of 30DS. I'm a little unconventional though. I spent 30 days at level 1 and level 2. I'm 10 days in to level 3 now, and feel it's really working. I've lost a total of 50lbs since I started this "journey" (feel like that word is so overused around here, but...) and I have about 30lb more to lose.

Everything does seem better after a good workout!!!

Have a great day!
  • 165ordietrying
    165ordietrying Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am an early riser as well. I am up by 3:30-3:45 a.m. and at the gym by 4 a.m. for an hour of cardio and 45min-1hour of weights. I also enjoy knowing that the rest of the day is all mine. Plus my husband and kids don't miss/need me at that time of day!
  • caitlynah12
    Options
    I'm up at 4:10, out the door by 4:25, at the gym by 4:50 and start working out by 5! If I don't do it first thing in the morning, I don't (won't) do it at all, sadly.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I am an early riser as well. I am up by 3:30-3:45 a.m. and at the gym by 4 a.m. for an hour of cardio and 45min-1hour of weights. I also enjoy knowing that the rest of the day is all mine. Plus my husband and kids don't miss/need me at that time of day!

This is a big part of why I started working out in the morning. I like to make homemade dinners and do baking...I have a husband and two rambunctious boxers to take care of!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!!! Im baaaaacckkkk!!!

Everyone is thinking "AFTERNOON?? I thought this was an AM thread." Lol. It still is trust me. It's just that I learned sooooo much about myself and got really honest with my self that I made it a point to focus on "Work" when I am on the clock and when I am on break or lunch to put my focus on "You all" my friends, my accountability people, MY AM WARRIORS!!! =)

So I see that everyone kept this thread going while I was away. I am thankful to you all for doing it. I am glad that I am not the only one that has a passion for fitness, being a supporter and a motivator on a thread that is dedicated to those people that take on what I believe is a difficult challenge which is to get up early and workout. Dont get me wrong doing the workouts anytime of day is tough but wouldn't you all agree that doing it first thing in the morning is tough? I mean you get up from a cozy bed in la la land and put your body through a tough workout? Again I applaud you all for doing it.

Yes I am back and yes I worked out this am. (I was at a Beachbody Coaches summit starting last Wednesday till this past Sunday. In case you dont know Beachbody is the company that created popular workouts as P90X, and Insanity). Now that the bio is out of the way I worked out at summit as well I did work out Not all the workouts but I did hit the gym the first night, and then did the super workout on saturday. A little update. At the gym I was able to test myself harder by upping the weight for my dumbbell presses to 95 lbs for 8 reps. I dont know if many of you know but my home set only goes to 52.5 so 95lbs is a big jump. What happened to the other days??? Lol lets just say I spent a lot of it on my feet. A lot of strip walking. So much that when I left for summit I weighed in at 179. Last night I weighed in and I am 179!!!!

Ok I am back at it. An if you are into Beachbody I'll share some things with you if you are not skip this long blog that I just wrote lol. 2 new things are available T25 and Vanilla shakeology. I will give you a review of both and you can run from there. One thing I do suggest is to talk to your beachbody coach (if you have one) as well. I am sure they will be able to answer them for you if not I'll be glad to be your coach and help you decide. Key thing is take what I give to you and decide from there.

T25-Another Shaun T workout. Is it Insanity part 3? In my opinion no, and I believe Shaun mentioned that it is different from the others. One being that it is only 25 minutes... (duh Lol). Actually with warmup and cool down it is 27 minutes. The actual workout itself is 25 minutes of non stop movement. There is less staff on video and Tanya (for those that remember her from Insanity) is there and she is the "Modifier" meaning that she takes every move and modifies it to a slower pace. You still get a great workout if you follow her. The way T25 is explained is that it takes you through a progression, you kind of start off slow but not the slow that you might be aware of. It is still the Shaun T inspired slow if you know what I mean. Of course you can always speed up and go faster with the rest of the crew or be a Warrior and go balls to the wall.

My wife decided that she was inspired to workout harder, to challenge herself. See I had her try Insanity and she did not like it. She felt that it was hard and I did warn her but again it was tough. She could not keep up and either she did not understand or was discouraged that she could not modify the workout because no one in Insanity was modifying. So We did it last night and let me tell you, that 25 minutes was pure crazy for me. I love a challenge so I went (Pardon my language) "BALLS TO THE WALL" and I was worked!!! We did the first workout I forget the title I think it was "Basic Cardio" and man it was tough. Shaun T never once stopped or told us to take a break. He kept the people going. He kind of does a circuit type of routine. To be honest I remembered repeating a few of the workouts but I dont think it was all of them. I say that because I took breaks. Lots of breaks. Again the basic workout was all legs, some of them he had you do them on your tip toes. That was tough and today like I said on facebook If my calves had fat on them before the workout I'm sure they are gone now. How did my wife do? She made it. At first I was afraid that she would modify the whole way but I am proud of her for modifying some and doing 100% of her max on others. I was impressed as I was screaming and grunting she was right there with me. Being the warrior that she is. I am going to try to get her on this thread but she is not an Early riser as she is an RN and works long hours. I know there is an RN here so I sure they can relate but nevertheless I will try to get her on here. One more thing BURN OUT... That comes at the end and if you want to know more you will have to pickup the workout... lol There are 3 phases but what was sold at the summit was the basic kit which included the Alpha and Beta Phase. The third is Gamma and I am going to get that one as well. One more thing to add. In those 25 minutes of work I burned 395 calories. I tracked my burn using a heart rate monitor. Take it for what it is worth but I did measure.

Now on to the other. As you all should know Vanilla Shakeology is out. I've tried it and I LOVE it. I love it so much I picked up a box while there. It tastes just like vanilla, it's not too sweet either like those other artificial vanilla protein powders that smell like vanilla but taste awful. It is not Vegan so sorry to those who are. I dont know if they are going to come up with a Vegan formula we will have to wait and see. I've tried both the Vanilla creamsicle and Vanilla latte. I love both and I will definity be recommending this to all my people that I coach. Remember if you are on the fence with ordering shakeology meaning that you are afraid of spending $$$/bag or box keep in mind that you do have a BOTTOM OF THE BAG Money back guarantee. Again talk to your coach if not reach out to me on how to get a bag. For the taste it is not too sweet and smells like vanilla. I'm going to try to mix 1/2 with chocolate and 1/2 vanilla to see how it goes. Sorry but I'm going to get rid of greenberry and make way for vanilla. If any of you like greenberry or would like to try it maybe we can come up with something and get some out to you. I put up with Greenberry but now that vanilla is out that is going in my cabinet. I'll try to post a youtube vid of a recepie I like soon. What do you all think?

Ok I've gone long enough for this week eventhough I did not gain a pound from all the eating I did in Vegas I have decided to do T25 for the next 7 days (more like a boot camp if you will) and go back to Bodybeast to finish out my last 2 weeks. Being that I was out from lifting weights for the time I was in Vegas I need to shock my body and what better way than with Shaun T. Besides I think my wife wants the challenge lol. I will get to all of your posts later but I felt like I owe'd it all to you that I break my silence (LOL)

Charlie
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So this morning I could not sleep, woke up around 3:30 a.m. and could not get back to bed. I tried to lay there and go back to sleep but my mind was just racing. At 400 I realized I was not going to get more sleep so instead of just laying there I actually got out of bed and did my Chalean Extreme video and since it was so early when I was done I also did Jillian Michaels 6W6P. By the time I was done I was ready to go to bed, but I have to get to work. Anyway, it felt great getting up a whole hour earlier but unfortunately I think that is going to be short lived.

@capinoy, that new ShaunT workout sounds like fun. I am a beachbody junkie so maybe I will order that when I'm done with Chalean Extreme. I'm trying to decide if I should get a new workout or do another round of Insanity (completed one round) or do a Insanity P90X/Chalean extreme combo....

Everyone have a great day!!!!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:00 am to work out, only because I'm training for a half marathon and I live in texas, so the only 'safe' time to run in before the sun comes up. So, I get up at 4:00, and I warm up by walking the dog. He gets so excited when he sees me put trainers on because he knows it's walk time, and I wouldn't have the heart to tell him "No, I'm going running by myself", so I kill two birds with one stone and get a warm-up walk in and make him happy before I run on my own. So, I'm usually running by 4:45 or so, and I run for about an hour-ish.

On my non-running days, I do crossfit at 5:00 am to keep schedule consistent. He gets walked after crossfit.

Then on weekends I have a run one day, and then I bike the other. biking starts at 7:30 - it's an organized group ride.
  • eargirl
    eargirl Posts: 15
    Options
    I saw the title of this thread and I thought 'wow, that's for me'. All my friend know me as the morning person, and admire my ability to get a workout in before work. But after reading a couple pages of comments, I realize I am a light-weight! I get up about 6:30am and use a weighted hula hoop for a bit (working up in times, now at 20 mins) and then do some pilates exercies or arm exercises with weights.

I, too, like to work out in the am so that I don't use my endless lists of excuses to work out later in the day. While it's not a long work out, it's my safety net in case I don't get for a long walk or light hike in the evening. Since reading about the 4 and 5 am rises, I think I'll set that alarm 15 minutes earlier to get just a little more in each morning.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!!! At 5 every am! It feels great to get it done!!!
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You guys are so inspiring to me. I've been thinking about going outside and exercising earlier in the morning, and I just may do it tomorrow morning. I'll shoot for 5:30 if I can manage it. Keep up the excellent work everyone!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK!! I always wanted to get up at 5 and get my workout done, have tried it a few times and I loved it. But lacking motivation.

I plan to start it again asap, only problem is my one year old who wakes up like 5 times at night (:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Yes... @ 4:10- 4:20am for 30 min treadmill and 20-45 min workout video, then work! (weekdays)... Sat more like 6-8am... :yawn: