I couldn't believe my breakfast entry!

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Thank you for "fixing" his mistake.

I have no eating disorder, nor is it appropriate for anyone to assume I do based off one post. I think your comment was disgusting and uncalled for. Grow up. I freaked out, yes, but for a few reasons. Some of them, frankly, are none of MFP's business. Are you telling me that you've never made a mistake? Or gotten upset?

I missed where I stated I wasn't ever going to eat again... or that I hated food... Or that I was going to starve myself... Or that I was giving up. Can someone point that out for me? I don't think you can.

Frankly, if I wanted to deal with this kind of moronic behavior, I would have stayed with my ex.

Whew! Your EX sure got a huge pass on life there. Lucky guy!

I didn't realize you had the time to post on MFP while at work. Isn't there a fry station somewhere wondering why the timer is still going off? Go away.

This reminds me...

...Sonic has really good fries...

...but I prefer their tater tots...

...probably because not many places offer them.

PS: Sorry you received so many replies to your public forum posts that you didn't like. Seriously, what's with all of these people offering their opinions that differ from yours???

Oh, look! Another entertaining and angry OP . . .
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I have no eating disorder, nor is it appropriate for anyone to assume I do based off one post. I think your comment was disgusting and uncalled for. Grow up. I freaked out, yes, but for a few reasons. Some of them, frankly, are none of MFP's business. Are you telling me that you've never made a mistake? Or gotten upset?

I missed where I stated I wasn't ever going to eat again... or that I hated food... Or that I was going to starve myself... Or that I was giving up. Can someone point that out for me? I don't think you can.

Frankly, if I wanted to deal with this kind of moronic behavior, I would have stayed with my ex.

Play nice now all of us have had a burrito moment...............
  • BeachIron
    Options

GP. We've all over eaten by 200 calories, proceeded to rage against the world, over share, say the reasons for the over share were nobody's business, and then started calling people names. Such behavior is excellent evidence of a personality devoid of any issues. Oh wait . . .
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to Applebees. I can't remember what he ordered, but I got the quesadilla burger. I knew it would be high in calories, but when I learned exactly how high, I was pretty PO'd. 1400. I looked up his meal too and it was equally high in calories. Neither of us could even image what they put on a burger to make it that outrageous.

So, instead of getting all worked up, I created my own quesadilla burger at home for 600 calories. We also make our own fries at home all the time. We enjoy the food even more when we make it.

However, when we go out to eat, I expect it to be a splurge, a treat. I rarely order from the low calorie sections of the menu. Oh, and for the record. We can't stand Applebees anymore. All those calories, and it was only mediocre in taste. Service sucked a big one on top of it.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Before I got on MFP, I would go to Whole Foods and get this awesome cookie whenever I'd pick up my CSA veggie box. It was labeled "all natural" so I figured it couldnt be that bad. I went back recently to get one thinking it couldnt be that bad, looked on the back (thankfully!)... Holy schmoly, 400cal for one dang cookie. Cant bring myself to buy anymore! That's a whole hour workout for me! lol
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

GP. We've all over eaten by 200 calories, proceeded to rage against the world, over share, say the reasons for the over share were nobody's business, and then started calling people names. Such behavior is excellent evidence of a personality devoid of any issues. Oh wait . . .

Seriously? Way to overgeneralize. Where did I call anyone a name? My "rage" didn't come out until trolls started being obnoxious. Don't like it? You didn't have to post. I also didn't over share. AND I have a right to be annoyed. Why are you even here? Anything CONSTRUCTIVE is appreciated...

... anything obnoxious needs to go away.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Seriously? Way to overgeneralize. Where did I call anyone a name? My "rage" didn't come out until trolls started being obnoxious. Don't like it? You didn't have to post. I also didn't over share. AND I have a right to be annoyed. Why are you even here? Anything CONSTRUCTIVE is appreciated...

You know, the absolute worst thing you can do on the Internet is feed the trolls.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Sanctimonious rage combined with an uncanny lack of self reflection. I like it . . .
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

wow that was the greatest sorry-not sorry ever (aka lol)
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options

You know, the absolute worst thing you can do on the Internet is feed the trolls.

I know, I know. There needs to be a sign on my computer to remind myself not to feed the trolls. Bllllaaahhhhhhh.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I know I said I was out, but just so I understand.

If you agree w/ me, you're a great poster.

If you have a differing opinion, a troll.

I love MFP, it always brings the LULZ
  • BeachIron
    Options

I'm a strong believer in blunt talk when it comes to fitness and health. I neither make any apologies for that nor for anything I've written in this thread. Go back and look on page 5 for the post I wrote before the OP decided to rage against everyone. The OP is going to drive herself up a wall beating herself up about 200 calories and that is obviously counter productive to anyone who has been successful at this. The fact that she lashed out at people pointing this out simply proves our point that there is an underlying issue here. She can either choose to address it head on or continue to beat herself up and rage at the world. It's her health and her life and the only one she harms is herself.
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I loved going to chipotle and I would always order a burrito bowl and chips and guacamole. The burrito bowl has about 900 calories and the chips and guacamole had 1200 calories in it. This was a super big eye opener. The amount of calories I ate in 1 meal was what I am now eating in 1 full day and working out. Don't let it get you too upset use it as a learning tool and move on. Make sure you drink plenty of water today to rid the body of the extra sodium.

As she said "Drink a lot of water today." It's ok, it has happened to us all. You are doing great and don't forget to smile :wink: It will make you feel better.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

How can one agree or disagree with the OP? A member stated an emotional reaction she had and asked if anyone had experienced anything similar. Either you have or you haven't.

But telling someone they have no right to have that emotion or they have a disorder because of that one emotional moment is just rude and silly.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Beware the restaurants! I was shocked to see the calories in my food at Rubios and at Applebees. I thought I was being so healthy. I always check before I order now.

Yes, restaurants, all of 'em! That's how they keep people coming back. Heaps of fat and sugar (and salt).
    A few years back, NYC made it mandatory to post calories on restaurant menus. What an eye opener. You can never enjoy a Chili's meal again, if you care about calories.

Oh, it's devolved into mud-slinging and controversy? Didn't see that. Buh-bye!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

How can one agree or disagree with the OP? A member stated an emotional reaction she had and asked if anyone had experienced anything similar. Either you have or you haven't.

But telling someone they have no right to have that emotion or they have a disorder because of that one emotional moment is just rude and silly.

Bringing the Lulz again.

Please quote where it was stated they "have no right to that emotion" I saw a lot of opinions stating it was overreacting, and one poster (with possible credentials) stating it could be the start of something bigger.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Bringing the Lulz again.

Please quote where it was stated they "have no right to that emotion" I saw a lot of opinions stating it was overreacting, and one poster (with possible credentials) stating it could be the start of something bigger.

People often confuse having a right to share their opinion with having a right to share their opinion without others expressing their opinions in response. It's as if the original opinion is sacred, but all opinions in response (that differ from the original opinion) are rude.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options

Nope, you're not getting it.
    If you notice, there are a few different members who said I had overreacted. Did you see me respond to each and every one? No. I did, however, respond to those who have a horrible habit of being utterly obnoxious. Learn to read.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    Options

I'm a strong believer in blunt talk when it comes to fitness and health. I neither make any apologies for that nor for anything I've written in this thread. Go back and look on page 5 for the post I wrote before the OP decided to rage against everyone. The OP is going to drive herself up a wall beating herself up about 200 calories and that is obviously counter productive to anyone who has been successful at this. The fact that she lashed out at people pointing this out simply proves our point that there is an underlying issue here. She can either choose to address it head on or continue to beat herself up and rage at the world. It's her health and her life and the only one she harms is herself.

Seriously?... Didn't I already address it? Keep going though, you're pretty amazing at being "blunt".

Raging out against "everyone"? Way to overgeneralize my responses to a handful of people... none of which were written in anger.

Why are you here? I need a "NO TRESPASSING" sign. I've asked nicely, quite a few times. Give me something constructive and pertinent to the question at hand, or go away.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Seriously?... Didn't I already address it? Keep going though, you're pretty amazing at being "blunt".

Raging out against "everyone"? Way to overgeneralize my responses to a handful of people... none of which were written in anger.

Why are you here? I need a "NO TRESPASSING" sign. I've asked nicely, quite a few times. Give me something constructive and pertinent to the question at hand, or go away.

These are open and public forums. You don't get to disagree with people that respond and tell them to go away. If you don't like it then quit.