you know you're taking your diet seriously when...

Options

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You've been at maintenence for 1 1/2 years and continue to log your food! :)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You don't go out with the guys for beer because you did not go to the gym today and you don't have any extra calories.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    ... you count out exactly 45 little chocolate chips to still maintain your goal.

I ate my dinner and I had a little under 200 calories below my goal that I could still eat. I decided to treat myself to some chocolate chips. I laughed when I acknowledged just how ridiculous this might come across to someone else. What is something you found yourself doing in order to accomplish your goal?

ugh heck yeah! I count them out and get pissed if my kids or partner wants one....lol especially if I already logged them
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When your having lunch with a friend and you count out your crackers and log them. Said friend steals precounted crackers like its no big deal. NO BIG DEAL??? THE BAG IS SITTING RIGHT THERE, OPEN AND FACING YOU!!! Take it from the bag!!! :noway:
  • fpuckett2383
    fpuckett2383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When you watch someone scarfing down a bunch of nasty food (One occasion in particular comes to mind, two quarter pounders, fries, tea, and a side of ranch) and it literally makes you want to gag thinking of all the grease and salt. YUCK!
  • Massageu2
    Massageu2 Posts: 59
    Options
    When you drive past McDonalds and can smell the salt on the French fries.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    When you don't call it a diet anymore.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    you still log everything you eat even when under the influence lol
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I knew I was serious about it this time because I didn't tell anyone I was doing it. I just joined a gym and started going. I usually would make a big presentation of it and wouldn't follow through. This time I just did it. No fanfare.

Yep, that is what clued me in that I was serious too.
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    You put all your money on your savings account and leave all your cash at home, so you can't buy any cr*p while out.
  • thatonegirlinohio
    thatonegirlinohio Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend eats so delicious looking but very bad food right in front of you and you don't give a crap.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You literally body block your kids from taking a piece of something you've already counted or measured out. I know sharing is caring and all of that schlockeroo, but *kitten* gets serious when it comes to food!

Seriously I FEEL SOOO STINGY !! Haha
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    You literally body block your kids from taking a piece of something you've already counted or measured out. I know sharing is caring and all of that schlockeroo, but *kitten* gets serious when it comes to food!

Lmao yes! Get your own!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    When you have memorized the calories for the portion size of most of the foods you eat.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

I did this to my boss when he took one of my almonds after I had already counted them out.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    when you don't need a scale to measure the food and still you can define size of it and how many calories the thing you're about to eat has :bigsmile:
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    When you go to an all you can eat buffet, and end up only eating the salads :)

Hopefully will work again this weekend - as we are visiting another buffet restaurant with some friends...
  • mljacobs23
    mljacobs23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When you weigh out your 7 grams of croutons on a scale. Which, BTW, is a ridiculously small amount of croutons!

This !!
  • mljacobs23
    mljacobs23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I did this to my boss when he took one of my almonds after I had already counted them out.

And this, I regularly body block my husband or slap his hand away when he tries to snag some already weighed out food
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    You go over your daily calorie intake and know exactly how many minutes of cardio you MUST do to redeem yourself:laugh: