Pregnancy 2010 - August

Options

Replies

• dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    I ordered the fertility book that you have been suggesting Angela. I'll let you know how it goes!:wink:
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. I am 24 weeks pregnant. I joined myfitnesspal to try to make sure I do not gain any more weight because I had already gained 23 pounds and I was overweight to begin with. I weighed myself today and have lost 1 pound already. I really don't want to lose too much, I just want to maintain so I am trying to stay as close to my calorie goal as possible.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. I am 24 weeks pregnant. I joined myfitnesspal to try to make sure I do not gain any more weight because I had already gained 23 pounds and I was overweight to begin with. I weighed myself today and have lost 1 pound already. I really don't want to lose too much, I just want to maintain so I am trying to stay as close to my calorie goal as possible.

Welcome and congratulations. I am in the same boat. I am already considered overweight and it has been recommended I not gain more that 20 lbs for this pregnancy. I have had the hardest time controlling my eating. Good luck.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My husband and I sat down last night to discuss our "game plan" for TTC....(influenced by now finding out that two of our close friends are expecting!) We decided that i'll go off birthcontrol after my next cycle and we'll practice the "Pull and Pray" method until after Christmas. He'll be gone for most of september and all of october anyway...so not like anything is going to happen then anyway!!
    I'm on the Neuva ring and was wondering if anyone else who has successfully conceived used the NR prior to conceiving? How long does it take to get out of your system?

I used the nuva ring as my main birth control for a couple of years, but suffered migraines and so went off all birth control about 6 months prior to even trying to conceive, no not really sure. However, I've heard that it's possible to be able to conceive as early as the next month. It probably depends on how quickly your body adjusts to it's own cycle.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    However, I've heard that it's possible to be able to conceive as early as the next month. It probably depends on how quickly your body adjusts to it's own cycle.

That's what i've been reading too. I'm going to start tracking my cycle more closely while he's gone and my body is adjusting to the lack of birthcontrol. Hopefully things get back on track relativly quickly. Right now, my cycle is like clock work (due to the NR) and i'm hoping it stays that way..I've been playing with ovulation calculators and due date calculators online to pick the best time to start trying.
  • ckmama
    Options
    I think conception just depends on the person. I've never, ever been on birth control and it still took us a while to get it right. I would think it just depends on your body and hormones.
  • souldancer
    Options
    Congratulations to all of the expecting mamas! This Pregnancy (Motivation and Support) Group seems great to be a part of. I am 13 weeks pregnant with my second child.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of the expecting mamas! This Pregnancy (Motivation and Support) Group seems great to be a part of. I am 13 weeks pregnant with my second child.

Congrats souldancer!!! I'm 7 weeks :happy: Welcome to the group!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    So I weighed today and have gained 1.6 lbs this week.....eeekkk.. Not good. However, I will weigh again tomorrow because usually it seems that on Thursdays I eat high-sodium foods (My husband and I are always out on Thursday nights and haev to grab something quick - fast food = not good) and most of the time my weight is back to normal on Saturday morning. I hope that is the case this week. Anyway, I do need to revamp my eating. Trying to get in so many calories is hard for me since I am not use to it and this week I got enough calories, but not the kind I should have. I was over on fat and sodium most days this week :ohwell: I want to make sure I eat as healthy as possible for my baby.

That being said, I want to sum up my loss from my start date to my pre-pregnancy weight. I started the last week of February, so I have been going at this for about 5 1/2 months now. In the time before I was pregnant (late Feb.-mid July) I have lost 24 lbs. and about 21 inches all over. I started at 176 and went down to 152.6 and have lost 6 inches in my hips (my HUGE - haha - problem area!) I am so proud of myself, and love eating healthier and exercising. I feel like a more productive person, and someone who cares about my future and health. I hope to continue this trend (losing weight) after the baby comes, to get down to my ultimate goal of 140. Pre-pregnancy I was only 13.4 lbs away from that! Once I reach that I will reevalute. I have worked really hard and don't want to gain excessive amounts during the pregnancy that will make it that much harder to loose again. Thanks to all my MFP support ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That being said, I want to sum up my loss from my start date to my pre-pregnancy weight. I started the last week of February, so I have been going at this for about 5 1/2 months now. In the time before I was pregnant (late Feb.-mid July) I have lost 24 lbs. and about 21 inches all over. I started at 176 and went down to 152.6 and have lost 6 inches in my hips (my HUGE - haha - problem area!) I am so proud of myself, and love eating healthier and exercising. I feel like a more productive person, and someone who cares about my future and health. I hope to continue this trend (losing weight) after the baby comes, to get down to my ultimate goal of 140. Pre-pregnancy I was only 13.4 lbs away from that! Once I reach that I will reevalute. I have worked really hard and don't want to gain excessive amounts during the pregnancy that will make it that much harder to loose again. Thanks to all my MFP support ladies!! :flowerforyou:

I joined MFP about 7 weeks ago, and I'm just over 7 weeks preggo! So, I'm having trouble determining what my "pre-pregnancy" weight really is/was... I started at 156 pounds, but am down to 147 (at last weigh-in). Do I go with 156, since I was this at the beginning of the 7 weeks, or 147, the lightest I've been since my wedding? I think 147, but what do you all think?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I would start with the weight at the start of the pregnancy. I lost 8 pounds my first trimester because of morning sickness, but still count the weight before conceiving.
  • ckmama
    Options
    I had my ultrasound today and we saw and heard the heart beat....164 BPM, it wsa so tiny.

I need to eat less sodium and high fat foods, I've noticed I am out of breath and after the slightest bit of exercise I am red faced. Not good. That has come out of nowhere.

I hadn't gained any weight but haven't weighed in about a week, I need to recharge the batteries in my scale and see the damage. I have to keep this under control.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I had my ultrasound today and we saw and heard the heart beat....164 BPM, it wsa so tiny.

Aww! Congrats! That's so exciting!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela, Sorry to hear you're so swollen. I was swollen for one very hot day this summer, but din't feel any pain. Hope you feel better soon :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

I need to eat less sodium and high fat foods, I've noticed I am out of breath and after the slightest bit of exercise I am red faced. Not good. That has come out of nowhere.

I hadn't gained any weight but haven't weighed in about a week, I need to recharge the batteries in my scale and see the damage. I have to keep this under control.

I have my appointment on Friday--I can't wait to hear the heartbeat, so I know there is a purpose for all of this!

If I eat too much sodium my heart starts beating harder...that is a new thing for me too. I have had a hard time watching what I eat other than just being sure that I am eating something. Have the time nothing sounds good and then I get really nauseous. I unfortunately have gained 5 lbs already. I definitely eat when I don't feel good! I guess I should start working on that!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you mamas and congrats! I am expecting my 3rd, due 4/10 and it seems like a few of us are just days apart way cool there is someone to "understand" what you are going through. I started my weight loss journey here on 7/23 at 232.2 lbs and I have since dropped to 218.6 as of today. I want to gain as little weight as possible, I did up my calories to 1700 when I found out I was pregnant but my doctor told me 2000-2500 when I went in yesterday for my ultrasound. My goal is now 2000 I will save the extra cals for later in the pregnancy. I have noticed that my food choices are not always the best now, nothing sounds good and I go with whatever does. The only positive is that salads do no make me feel sick. This is the first pregnancy I've had where I've felt sea sick. I just had a miscarriage in March so this baby is such a blessing. I hope to get to know all of you as we go through this journey together. :flowerforyou:
  • mwilson1018
    Options

Aww! Congrats! That's so exciting!

YEAH!!! That is so wonderful!! I can't wait until we can hear ours!

Congrats sherijimenez! Welcome to the group! I find a lot of questions answered and a lot of comfort here! They are great ladies!

I feel the same way, I'm just eating what will satisfy me. I think of certain foods and want to puke. However, I haven't had any actual sickness.

Angela, how are you doing? Swelling going down any? Not too much longer now....
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Still swelling . *sigh, I see my OB tomorrow and will ask about it, the only this tht is worrying me is that my hand joints are starting to be really sore. Can't swelling eat away at joints? Anyway, we'll see what she says. We meet with our Doula today, we'll be going over our birthing plan and I'm hoping to get some good tips on Natural childbirth.

On an up note I've been pretty overwhelmed with baby, life, and studying for this big certification test. However, the test was yesterday and I PASSED! YAY! So now I don't have to worry about that anymore and can finally devote my time to my home and my child. I'm super stoked. There's so many books I've started but haven't finished because I need to study so I can now finally finish those and hopefully feel more prepared for the birth day!
  • ckmama
    Options
    Still swelling . *sigh, I see my OB tomorrow and will ask about it, the only this tht is worrying me is that my hand joints are starting to be really sore. Can't swelling eat away at joints? Anyway, we'll see what she says. We meet with our Doula today, we'll be going over our birthing plan and I'm hoping to get some good tips on Natural childbirth.

On an up note I've been pretty overwhelmed with baby, life, and studying for this big certification test. However, the test was yesterday and I PASSED! YAY! So now I don't have to worry about that anymore and can finally devote my time to my home and my child. I'm super stoked. There's so many books I've started but haven't finished because I need to study so I can now finally finish those and hopefully feel more prepared for the birth day!

Congratulations on passing the test and one less thing you have to worry about. Angela good luck with the swelling. I know it can be aggrevating. Hopefully the doctor will have an answer.
  • ckmama
    Options
    I finally found something that makes me feel better to eat/drink without making me feel yucky. Plus it has vitamins, which I can't take prenatals or regulars cause they make me puke.

Carnation chocolate instant breakfast with a class of fat free milk. Yum.