How do you get that gap between your thighs

Options

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Apparently you can pay plastic surgeons to do this for you. It's trending hard core.

No. Thank-you for me. What happens if it gets botched????
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    it's sexy!
  • hardierlime
    hardierlime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Like others have probably said, you need a pelvis wide enough for one. If you don't then the gap will never be there. Focus on being healthy rather than reaching an unattainable goal.

Unless of course you can find a quack who will break your pelvis and put it back together wider. And then your hip measurement will grow.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    it's sexy!

looking knock kneed is sexy? ok...whatevs.....
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've always found the whole "thigh gap" thing strange.

Apparently I'm one of the lucky ones who has it even when I've been pretty heavy.. people often have complimented me on it and for years I was confused as to what people were talking about until someone explained it to me.

I think it has to do with how your thigh bones are angled from your hips and not much you can do to create it if you don't have that angle.. I can get fat enough that it finally sort of disappears but I have to turn into a total beachball for that to happen.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered what the facination with the gap is. Women are suppose to have curves and those curves don't just mean T&A!! . I know we all have our own ideal of what we want to look like but I hope that ideal is realistic for your body. I am 5'3'' with a natually muscular build. I will never have long lean dancers legs. Sure I can get my legs lean but they will never look like someone who is 5'11'' with a natually lean build...its just impossible. Please ladies make yourself the best you, you can be.....not the closest thing to what magazines say you should be.

<--- has a thigh gap, and curves. Measurements are 36, 25, 36.

Women who don't have thigh gaps are beautiful. Women who do have thigh gaps are beautiful too. There's nothing wrong with having one assuming it's just based on bone structure and nothing unhealthy was done to achieve it. I got mine when I hit 140 lbs at 5'4", so it's not like I was starving myself or even trying to get one.

agreed with all. personally I don't like thigh gaps they make some women look unhealthy thin but I get that they can't help it if it's in their genes. women are supposed to be curvy. I know i'll never have a thigh gap. no matter how much I weigh

While I appreciate that you're saying you agree with me, you're not really agreeing with me because you're still implying that a thigh gap and curves are mutually exclusive.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Open legs.
    Step 2. There is no step two.
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    You don't
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    As I read on Tumblr somewhere...
    Why would you want a thigh gap? Your foof will get cold!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Open legs.
    Step 2. There is no step two.

See? Told ya..... :laugh:
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Gotta be a barbie! That B!tch has EVERYTHING!
    :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Soldiergirl, you don't have to change your DNA or any crap like that. I've never had that defeatist attitude and (with my narrow hips) COMPLETELY reshaped my thighs and legs in a way I used to believe was impossible. Like, I kid you not - I thought (just like a lot of people above me) that I had inherited my legs from my grandmother and mother. MEANING, I had gross fat around my knees and up along my inner thigh.

I seriously envied very thin (and usually tall girls) whose limbs just appeared to be naturally slender.

The thing is a lot of people tell themselves it's impossible to reach their bodies goals as an excuse. If you get thin enough, you'll get a gap. Period. End of story. Not saying you need to starve yourself. HARDLY! Athletes and bodybuilders and bikini models cut all the time, which means restricting food and going in a deficit to lose fat.

On top of that, if you try to get thin enough because your lower body stores your stubborn body fat and you're not liking the way the rest of you looks (like you're losing your breast and your arms are getting too skinny) there are OTHER things that can be done. I kid you not! And i'm not talking about liposuction (please, whatever you do - don't do that! Unless youw ant to end up with a fat neck and ankles or something)

Sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh but it really annoys me how quickly others are to discourage people to do something that is absolutely doable! My advice is to only take advice from people who've done what you want to do.

Honestly, if you really want some answers I highly suggest you google the book "The Thigh Gap Hack". It'll tell you the diet and fitness things because exercising the wrong way will not do you any favors. All exercises are not created equally. The book also covers the OTHER things I mentioned above.

It's worth giving it a try because nobody is saying anything you haven't already heard or giving you solutions besides giving up.

Good luck!

*I* will never have a thigh gap. I don't tell myself it is impossible as an excuse. I've challenged myself to do a lot of things i didnt think were possible. I know it is possible, but for me, it would require being severely underweight which I refuse to do.

FYI - I competed in Figure, which requires more of a cut than bikini (one of those things that I have done that seemed impossible, my before and after is in my pics). . BTDT - at less than 20% bodyfat /very lean - still no thigh gap
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Soldiergirl, you don't have to change your DNA or any crap like that. I've never had that defeatist attitude and (with my narrow hips) COMPLETELY reshaped my thighs and legs in a way I used to believe was impossible. Like, I kid you not - I thought (just like a lot of people above me) that I had inherited my legs from my grandmother and mother. MEANING, I had gross fat around my knees and up along my inner thigh.

I seriously envied very thin (and usually tall girls) whose limbs just appeared to be naturally slender.

The thing is a lot of people tell themselves it's impossible to reach their bodies goals as an excuse. If you get thin enough, you'll get a gap. Period. End of story. Not saying you need to starve yourself. HARDLY! Athletes and bodybuilders and bikini models cut all the time, which means restricting food and going in a deficit to lose fat.

On top of that, if you try to get thin enough because your lower body stores your stubborn body fat and you're not liking the way the rest of you looks (like you're losing your breast and your arms are getting too skinny) there are OTHER things that can be done. I kid you not! And i'm not talking about liposuction (please, whatever you do - don't do that! Unless youw ant to end up with a fat neck and ankles or something)

Sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh but it really annoys me how quickly others are to discourage people to do something that is absolutely doable! My advice is to only take advice from people who've done what you want to do.

Honestly, if you really want some answers I highly suggest you google the book "The Thigh Gap Hack". It'll tell you the diet and fitness things because exercising the wrong way will not do you any favors. All exercises are not created equally. The book also covers the OTHER things I mentioned above.

It's worth giving it a try because nobody is saying anything you haven't already heard or giving you solutions besides giving up.

Good luck!

13_51_29_408_filejpg_zpsf3af6229.gif

So do you have a book that will tell me how I can get a smaller ribcage?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Good luck!

13_51_29_408_filejpg_zpsf3af6229.gif

So do you have a book that will tell me how I can get a smaller ribcage?
    lol how about fattening up thighs. 'Cause lifting's not doing squat for me and all my motorcycle clothes is baggy and flaps in the wind and it's driving me nutty.

While we're at it is there a book for how to get big boobs? I know a lot of male friends who would appreciate that one.

Also, athletes and such may do cuts, yes, but they also do bulks. I highly recommend against continuously cutting until you're see-through in the middle and staying there if it's not your structure.

Note: I had thigh gap when I was over weight. It is not all that it is cracked up to be. I am clumsy and constantly bruise my knees and can't find any pants that fit. My skinny legs just make my waist look larger then it is imo
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've heard having a baby can widen your hips.

But seriously... you're fine.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    it's sexy!

looking knock kneed is sexy? ok...whatevs.....

I am knock-kneed from being a breaststroker :(
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Q angle: angle subtended by a line drawn to the vertical bisection of femur and a line drawn from the lateral margin of pelvis to the sagittal plane of the knee joint (Figure 1); normally 15° in men (>15° in women due to wider female pelvis); excessive pronators show an increased Q angle
    http://img.tfd.com/elsevier/thumbs/f17-01-9780443103780.jpg
    Figure 1: Q angle. See text entry for description of Q angle.
    Illustrated Dictionary of Podiatry and Foot Science by Jean Mooney © 2009 Elsevier Limited. All rights reserved.

Basically the wider the Q the greater your risk of knee and hip injury. If you have wide hips, but a small Q angle - ie your femoral head is directly above your knee - you get a thigh gap. Q between 22 and 9 is normal for women, outside that can lead to knee and hip issues like arthritis, ligamentous strains, etc.

Huh. Interesting. :flowerforyou:
    Makes sense. I've had a thigh gap all my life and arthritis set in at 8yrs old :p
    I've also torn ligaments and am unusually flexible.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Genetics.

I'm 98 pounds with 31" hips and no thigh gap. Even if I got to an underweight range I would not have it. So I don't even worry about it.
    And there you have it.
    </EndThread>
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    First of all, you gotta have wide hips. Narrow hips=no thigh gap, even if your bmi is like 14. Secondly, you just gotta lose fat. I fthat doesn't work, then you gotta lose muscle.

Not true.

While I do agree that the ability to effortlessly maintain a thigh gap is largely a matter of genetics, the width of the hips isn't the only factor. Muscle development and fat distribution count too. I'm a small framed, relatively long legged, stringy muscled ectomorph, and have always had a natural thigh gap despite my narrow hips. I'm about as far from being pear shaped as an adult human female can be and have never been heavy enough for any excess fat to accumulate on my butt or thighs. It goes to my belly and midsection instead, so I can have a "spare tire" large enough to fit a dump truck and still have a thigh gap.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    _bVjs5iPPUWRo6mLBWK4JkJbk9EpnoSR5qaOZnoiXkwFVEC1vLox_1uZ9_QLKK_yhORvIdNC9I1GGkyMVPi0Fio5otyiyb8HANRlck4OIzymG672bYn0YQ1i

Bingo!