How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    We met at work. I was the assistant manager, and I conducted interviews with the manager. Out of 8 applicants, he got the job.

7 months after his start date they moved me to supervisor of his shift. 9 months after I moved to nights I had to quit because of medical issues (I had been at the company for 8 years). We still made it work.

5 months after I left, he left for a better job.

And here we are, 2.5 years later, still dating. I've graduated college now, and he just started his nursing program this week. We're getting engaged by the end of the year (he's already told me, but no specific, just before the end of the year).
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    On a knitting site.

He lived in California, I in South Dakota planning to move to Ohio in a few months. He took one look at my smile and knew he had to talk to me -- we started messaging back and forth. Our first phone call lasted 4 hours.

3 months later he was in SD and 2 months after that, we were in Ohio. 2-1/2 years and I'm still gobsmacked. He is, very literally, the man of my dreams years ago....
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I saw my hand and it was love at first site
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend through my sister's best friend. The first time we ever met I was actually on a horse and he told me later (once we were dating) that I was so beautiful that he was scared to talk to me. We all ended up hanging out as friends first and then it just happened.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I was 19, met him at a night club, thought he was a prick, but was into his cousin, his cousin got my number. 2 weeks passed then he called me, I went and hung out with him and my now husband, found out that night my first impression was way off, that he wasn't a prick, he was actually someone I was very attracted to, needless to say his cousin seen the same thing I seen, we were not going to be anymore then friends, and the next time we hung out, my now husband came to get me and met my dad, scary for me to be honest, but 12 years later, here we are. We'll celebrate 10 years of marriage in just 6 days.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I met mine on the internet. We were both members of a nerdy webcomic forum and started messaging via Yahoo. We admitted our feelings to one another, met a few months later, dated long distance for a few years and then took the plunge and got married. We've been married for 8 years. =)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A bar.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    ok...before you all laugh at the cheesiness, remember this was 25 years ago....we met....at the roller skating rink :happy:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    He was home on leave from the Marines, I was home for the summer for the college.
    We dated off and on for 6 months until xmas, we got pregnant and he shipped off to Iraq. I was 3 months preggo.
    I gave birth to our daughter while he was on the phone in Iraq.
    He came home when she was 2 months old... he was home maybe 2 months and proposed around xmas time.
    We were married 6 weeks after...and I was living in NC 1 week after that. :)

Now....since we met... 6 years later.
    1 deployment
    1 daughter now almsot 5.
    1 marriage going on 4.5 years.
    1 B.A degree (Me.)
    1 A.A business degree (Him)
    3 jobs (me)
    9 years in the Marines (Him)
    3 Houses
    3 states
    1 country/non-dependents

which all equals my Fairytale :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    We met in the high school library. Both of us are bibliophiles. I was 17, not actually interested in boys yet. He was 18, intelligent and funny, and a redhead with freckles, which was appealing. Next year, we were engaged, then he went off to war and I went off to college. He was the only guy I ever dated. We married in 1971. He's still got my back, my Bear, that supportive and loving guy, 42 years later.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Plenty of Fish believe it or not!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Basketball camp, the summer before 9th grade. That was 18 years ago now!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    We met at work....talked and flirted for about 7 months. Started dating the following March. Engaged by Christmas.

Together now for 13 years and married for 10 (11 in October) and have 2 beautiful children.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    We kept running into each other in the beer store and the gym. She liked good beer, I liked good beer. She liked to squat and dead lift, I liked to squat and dead lift. She also played competitive soccer and rugby..I was sold. I asked her out after about 6 months or so.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    volcano chat...been together now for 11 years
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I saw my hand and it was love at first site
    :laugh:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    44830_149839325033930_3552340_a.jpg
    naturalbornkillersthumbnail18.jpg
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    on the midnight train.
    going aaaaaanyyyyyywhere??? \m/

kept scrolling to make sure this happened.

Good.

carry on.

Oh, Me? Haha We worked together, and my birthday was coming up. I asked him what he planned to give me for my gift.....he said, and I quote, "Me, naked, wrapped in cellophane" :blushing: :love: :smooched:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the rest is history. 15 yrs.....
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when he played for the minor league baseball team in our town. He is from the Dominican Republic and he played baseball with the Dodgers franchise for several years. We met through a fluke situation and hit it off even though we couldn't really communicate fully because of the language barrier. Somehow we managed to keep in contact and fall in love. We have been married 4.5 years and have 2 beautiful daughters now!