EGGS!!

Options
Peachy1962
Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
I really love my eggs and mostly I hear everyone saying they are scared of eating too many eggs!! Say WAT?? I am not to keen on eating a lot of meat so I use eggs and cheese, beans and peanut butter for most of my protein intake! Chicken is mostly my meat of choice and red meat only about once a week if that. My cholesterol levels are fine so I do not see where eating eggs in place of meat say 3 times a week should be a problem!! They a cheap and easy n quick to cook!! The perfect go to protein sources!!

So good ppl what are your opinions on EGGS??

Replies

• dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    I am an egg lover. I just love eggs. Egg yellows, egg whites, boiled eggs, poached eggs, egg sammiches! I wake up... I eat eggs! I get off of work... I go eat eggs. And yes, before I go to sleep, I love a large helping of you guessed it... eggs! I mean come on, who doesn't love eggs?
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I eat AT LEAST 2 eggs a day. Two whole eggs. The yolks are where most of the nutrients is anyway! MMmmmmm poached/fried (without oil) over fresh rice with chia seeds and a dash of soy sauce... pretty much heaven.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love eggs!! I like to hardboil them and either have them for breakfast, or bring them to work and have a cold hardboiled egg with my lunch.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    i love eggs too, although I can't eat them every day (just because I get tired of the same thing). Never been afraid of them. MMmmmmmm!!!!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I think some people still think they are bad for you or the yolks are terrible for you.

Eggs are an amazing source of nutrients!!! I eat them a few times a week but used to eat them everyday.
  • swenger_rn
    swenger_rn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love eggs no matter what others say. I do however only eat 1 yolk to every 3 eggs I eat. Watching cholesterol and increasing protein is my goal with eggs. Besides that, eggs are so Delish!!!!!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I think that they have moved away from the whole eggs are bad for the cholesterol movement.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    i love eggs .... especially with bacon sausages mushrooms tomatoes black pudding baked beans soda bread potatoe farls and toast......... of course i cant have it right now :P
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and especially my poached egg on toast in the morning and my cholesterol is fine! There is a lot of controversy over eggs being good or bad. Maybe if you had a cholesterol problem they might not be the best????? "all in moderation", right!! Enjoy your eggs:)
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I am so craving poached eggs now!.

I love Omelettes, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, egg mayo sandwiches, fried egg and bacon sandwiches.

nyom!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I am so craving poached eggs now!.

I love Omelettes, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, egg mayo sandwiches, fried egg and bacon sandwiches.

nyom!

I just ate a three-egg omelet with 3 cups of spinach and 2 ounces of cheese with tons of butter /Homer Simpson drool
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Funny because I have been eating soooooo many eggs lately. They are a great protein especially for people who have trouble with breakfast.

I honestly am not worried about cholesterol because I know I eat healthy. The whole "cholesterol" egg scare was really unfortunate since people stopped eating them almost all together. The egg industry almost collapsed because of that nonsense and they're still recovering.

And egg whites are not much more than water, I never see a point to eating them, even when mixed with a whole egg (w/yolk). Besides I can't stand throwing out yolks! Such a waste! I will however do it for baking ;)
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    I am so craving poached eggs now!

Oh hey that's what I had for breakfast!

Eggs: nutritious and delicious.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Funny because I have been eating soooooo many eggs lately. They are a great protein especially for people who have trouble with breakfast.

I honestly am not worried about cholesterol because I know I eat healthy. The whole "cholesterol" egg scare was really unfortunate since people stopped eating them almost all together. The egg industry almost collapsed because of that nonsense and they're still recovering.

And egg whites are not much more than water, I never see a point to eating them, even when mixed with a whole egg (w/yolk). Besides I can't stand throwing out yolks! Such a waste! I will however do it for baking ;)

Seriously, in terms of cholesterol, there are way worse foods out there than eggs - from my experience naturally occurring "bad" things (like the sugar in fruit) is not nearly as horrible as people make it out to be.

Indeed, I'm all for the yolk unless baking is involved. Hello there, lemon meringue pie.
  • alliex
    alliex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ha ha when me and my husband are driving around the neighbourhood, we randomly roll down the windows and yell "EGGS" at passers by. It's our fun
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eggs are awesome and ounce for ounce, one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. I eat two whole eggs per day. People who are afraid of eggs probably have not updated any of their research since the '80s.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I don't like the yolk but I eat at least 2 cups of egg whites a day. IIFYM eat as many as you want.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I really love my eggs and mostly I hear everyone saying they are scared of eating too many eggs!! Say WAT?? I am not to keen on eating a lot of meat so I use eggs and cheese, beans and peanut butter for most of my protein intake! Chicken is mostly my meat of choice and red meat only about once a week if that. My cholesterol levels are fine so I do not see where eating eggs in place of meat say 3 times a week should be a problem!! They a cheap and easy n quick to cook!! The perfect go to protein sources!!

So good ppl what are your opinions on EGGS??

I eat them almost every day and consumption of dietary cholesterol has little to do with your blood's cholestorol levels. Eat up!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I usually don't like the whites - I'd rather eat the yolks only, but I know that's not the healthiest choice. Recently I tried a whole egg with 2 egg whites (scrambled) and I actually liked it - I think I found a new passion - now . . . what to do with the yolks?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    LOVE eggs! Hard boiled especially.