Your most humiliating "fat" experience.

Options

Replies

• ws0606
    ws0606 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my worst moment was when I was 18 (18 years ago) my father said to me...."you embarrass me" "the way you look, you're grades" it was the worst moment of my life. 4 months later he sent me to boarding school.

here I am now, 50 pounds heavier. nice.

ws0606
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was a friends for Christmas dinner and their 4 yr old turned round and said 'why are you so fat? You look like a fat jolly Santa Claus!' (I was wearing a red dress). I played the comment down but underneath I wanted to crawl under the carpet. Started Mfp a week later and am now almost at my goal weight.
  • Benzz_biiitch
    Benzz_biiitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My most humiliating "fat" experience was definitely in the 7th grade...I sat down at the lunch table and didn't want to take up "two spots" so I sat as far as I could on the edge of the table and then it folded up in half...even with other people sitting there :ohwell:
  • dluberts
    dluberts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my boufirend likes to shake my belly.and giggle and make little jokes about being bigger.I weigh 147 at 5'5''.so not too big.well mr make jokes is in the obese category now so when he does it to me...i turn around and "PEEP"his man boobs that he now has...and tell him to shut up.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I too have ahad a few humilating moments ,quite a few from my mom which I think hardened me a bit

She has struggled with her weight all her life also ,

When she would loose weight she would tell me ( In front of the whole family ,like during the holidays)
    that she had some cloths for me that were way to big for her , and that I could have them if I could fit into them .

She did this all the time..
    After I moved to Alaska , she stopped doing it?

I have had a few people ask me if I was expecting and one family member who is not a nice person asked me during one of those holiday get togethers in front of every one in a demeaning way and I answered back no I'm not pregnant I'm just fat ! Did you get a job yet?

No one in my family ever teased me about my weight again

About two years ago I was on a flight from AK to Louisiana and when I found my seat the two people had to get up so I could get into the window seat and the very this woman said " It's going to be cozy "

I was humiliated , she took the arm rest the whole way as I tried to squish myself into the window.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My humiliating moment is when i have to change in the locker room at the gym, well because my bra is not big enough, to make it fit, i had to rip it under the armpit, so its biggger. I cant find anywhere where i can get a bigger bra. thats fine because no one else sees it except now at the gym... so i have to hide and change in the curtained area where no one else is. I'm saying i have to wear ripped up underwear!

i am so sorry that people on here have unsupportive freinds. Two major people in my life - my bff Chris and my supervisor, (who seems more like a friend than a boss :) both are encouraging me and telling me they notice I am getting smaller, i lost 27 pounds and they notice and they are so sweet. i appreciate them more! My bff Chris tells me "Good job!" .. thats so nice!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    In 6 & 7th grade- I would arrive to school late a lot, and would have to walk into the classroom in front of everyone while it was quiet. The teenage boys would make noises like i was shaking the earth, and whisper loudly "BOOM...... BOOOMMMM.....BOOM" everytime I took a step. It was all i could do to make it to my seat quickly.

I thought that i had overcame my issues, but i dont think someone really gets over their issues. I think its still inside me. Just re-reading that old post made me go back to 8th grade and seeing all the guys tease me.

OMG this brought back memories...All throughout elementary and middle school, I delt with stuff like the BOOM BOOM. Here's a few I can think of from Kindergarten to 8th grade in no particular order:

*When I walked, people would overdramatically step several feet out of the way, making comments about how I was going to plow them over.
    *A boy on the school bus told me he was going to buy me a tour of the Slim Fast factory for my birthday
    *If someone had to sit next to me on the school bus, they would sit way on the end and comment on how I took up all the room (even though they would leave enough space between us for a whole nother person to fit)
    *"Fatty Fatty 2 by 4, cant get through the bathroom door" hear this at least once a week
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    I've never really had a REALLY embarrassing moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm 5'2'' and 175 lbs, but I have always been "average looking." However, I'll never forget this one conversation a few of the women in my family were having that made be feel REALLY fat. I was about 16 and I was sitting around with my mom, aunts, and cousins who were all a bit older than me and who have all had children. I am probably one of the chubbiest girls on my mom's side of the family. They were all always really skinny and tiny. I mean I am tiny and petite like them, I just got the belly somehow.

Anyways, they were all talking about ho much they weighed when they first got pregnant, all of them weighed between 98-110 lbs, and reached about 125-135 in their pregnancies. And I am the youngest one sitting there HEAVIER than all of them when they were pregnant. That always bothered me. I wanna be thin whenever I get pregnant in the future, and I want to be able to bounce back and get back on my grind. I was embarrassed for a while, but now it is one of the many things that motivates me to become more fit and healthy!

As far as you husband, I am 175 lbs and I wear swimsuits and my boyfriend genuinely tells me I'm beautiful whether it's a one piece or a two piece. I know my boyfriend thinks that I am beautiful all of the time because I can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. If you don't have that you've GOT to look for someone who will provide it. Because someone will. Don't waste your life away with someone who doesn't deserve you!

xoxo.
  • JDanKing
    JDanKing Posts: 13
    Options
    The time I remember feeling most humiliated - I saw a picture of a small group of us (3 or 4), taken at a theme park (don't remember which one). We were sitting on a bench, I was on the left. I was wearing a button-up shirt, and it was stretched so tight that the space between the buttons was stretched open, revealing a big "circle" of me showing through between the buttons. I was so ashamed that I took the picture, tore it to shreds and threw it away.

Now, about the boyfriend/husband: This isn't meant to defend his offensive remark, but instead to help create understanding: being with a seriously overweight partner can be embarrassing/humiliating for the "other guy", too. It sounds like in this case it just boiled to the surface and he failed to engage the filter that should be between his brain and his mouth.

If it was a one-time thing, I hope you can forgive and get past it. If he's like that regularly, tho, you should think about "driving on", if you know what I mean.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So glad I have a wonderful husband who's response to me right away when I made a comment about my weight was:
    "I think you'r sexy no matter what you look like. But I don't love you for your body, I love you becuase of who you are."
    He's so awesome.

Never recall being fat shamed, at 5'5" the heaviest I ever was was 155 (before having a kid and getting a desk job).
    And haven't had anything said to me now either, at least not that I have heard.....any bad comments have come from myself.

I do recall, at 150 pounds, after having joined a gym and hiring a PT to get back into the toned shape I wanted to be, my (now) ex-husband said to me while walking in the mall and passing a VS store "Why can't you look like that?"

I instantly felt hot and flushed with anger and embarassment.....here I was trying to get back in shape while my hubs who was a counch potato and non-active said that to me (I had more muscle tone than him!)? I didn't say anything until a bit later while walking past an American Eagle store, I stopped in front of one of those headless male torso posters and said loudly "Wow! Look at those abs! Why can't you have abs like that?" and then walked away.
  • kmartinixx
    Options

I do recall, at 150 pounds, after having joined a gym and hiring a PT to get back into the toned shape I wanted to be, my (now) ex-husband said to me while walking in the mall and passing a VS store "Why can't you look like that?"

I instantly felt hot and flushed with anger and embarassment.....here I was trying to get back in shape while my hubs who was a counch potato and non-active said that to me (I had more muscle tone than him!)? I didn't say anything until a bit later while walking past an American Eagle store, I stopped in front of one of those headless male torso posters and said loudly "Wow! Look at those abs! Why can't you have abs like that?" and then walked away.

Wow!! You go girl! Glad you are no longer with someone who makes you feel like that. And I'm do glad you got him back for that lol!
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    I agree with everyone on the statement as to why you married that man but thats another situation to deal with!

But growing up my Dad always made jokes about my weight and used to pinch my fat and laugh at me...to him it was all good fun and if I got upset he would say I'm "sensitive and to grow up". He didn't know I was bullied every day at school for being short and fat and that I cried every day after school.

FInally I had to write a paper in college about my bullying experience and when he read it he cried and apologized and now he understood that what he was saying was in fact not funny at all.

Sometimes you need to put the ones you love in their place and make them realize it is NOT okay...and if your husband continues to put you down then it's time to leave.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    First class of aqua fitness in february this year..they ask me if I am expeting a child...what a motivation it was for me! lol
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Mine was at a birthday party and I realized I was the fattest person there, and I kept going back for more cake and a lady looked at me and said "are you sure you got enough?". I started losing that day.
  • kmartinixx
    Options
    When my friend said "You're boobs are bigger than my girlfriends." and started laughing.

I took that as my main motivation and start here logging my food. I had thought wearing 2 shirts with a hoody was hiding my moobs but apparently not. I'm glad he said that though. I feel awesome now, 26 pounds lost since May 9th and just over an inch lost from measuring around my chest.

I really want to go swimming this summer. I haven't gone swimming in years because of my moobs and gut. I don't think its gonna happen though because I have lost 26 pounds but my waist measured at my hips and over my belly button are exactly, to the centimeter, the same size.

I am there with you. I am probably down to an A cup from a C:wink:

However, you do you. If you want to go swimming - go swimming. What if you got horribly sick tomorrow and found out you could never swim again? You let what someone possibly would think of you stop you from doing what you enjoy.

Best piece of advice I heard all day. This is so true and very kind of you to say!
  • CinNoMore
    CinNoMore Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow! I probably wish I looked like you in a swimsuit. Mine is still a tad painful. On vacation, my brother who lived in Panama was going to take us to a little island to hang out and when we got on one of the little planes I heard the pilot say to my brother she cannot (me) sit in the back as at the time I weighed around 230 pounds. My brother took him out to the rear of the little tiny plane so I could not hear and he tried desperately to cover by saying come sit by me up front but I was crushed and that forever impacted me and I immediately began my weight loss journey. Humiliating. However, you were weighing a lot less when someone said that about you and I'm sure you didn't deserve that-I agree-a jerk thing to say to you....
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    All I can think is, you married this man why?

Agree! What a creep!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    We all surely have some experience related to out weight that lingers in our minds. I wouldn't say I was even fat when this happened. I am 5'3", at the time I weighed 145 pounds. I was in the process of losing weight I gained from quitting smoking. Anyhoo, we were talking about going to the beach. My now husband, then boyfriend, made the remark that I should get a bigger swim suit. I was wondering what was wrong with the one I had. I asked him what he meant and why he said that. He would never really clarify. Finally he just yelled at me that I look disgusting in my swim suit. Needless to say, I haven't put on a swim suit since. I actually bought one last year, but I could never bring myself to wear the thing.

When you look back on these things do they motivate you? Do you feel a sense of hopelessness that drives you to failure over and over?
    the "husband" part was a typo I hope!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    There was this time when I kept drinking a lot of specialty coffee drinks with the whip cream etc; one of my co-workers told me that if I kept it up then I would need to request a clothing allowance. :ohwell:

8488541.png
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Mine was a double whammy- a woman at Starbucks told my husband how nice it was that he took care of his pregnant wife by holding the door open for her and would NOT shut up about it or my "condition". Not only was I not pregnant but apparently looked it, I had very recently had a second miscarriage in a row.