How did you meet your significant other?

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I moved in October 2005. In November 2005, I called Bed Bath & Beyond to change my address so I could keep receiving their coupons and other mailings. He answered the phone and helped me. We got married in September 2006. I'm a writer. Our story, "Change of Address," was published in the book "Chicken Soup for the Soul: True Love" in December 2009. :heart:

i'm such a sucker for sappy love stories! i have to read this, girl :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    College
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    We met in a psych hospital

16 years of marriage his month!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Met at a taco bell drive thru. We met through a mutual friend he was riding with that night. I hadn't seen said mutual friend all summer so I ran up to him and hugged him and didn't hug me back (he was like that sometimes) so Brian (my now hubby) comes over and tells him "Let me show you how to hug a woman"....my knees buckled and the rest is history...ended up talking on the phone a few times with said mutual friend and when he would hang up we would stay on the line together...We were friends for a few months and one day he kissed me and now we have been married for 5 years in September...He is the best thing God ever sent me. :)
  • Tiffyholli
    Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
    I joined an adult kickball league & he was on the other team, I later picked him up at the bar. LOL
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I saw him while walking down the street one day and bashed him upside the head with a heavy purse... dragged him home and it's been Stockholm syndro.... I mean love at first sight.
  • tanyalutz
    tanyalutz Posts: 4
    I met my boyfriend 7 years ago when I was a server at Perkins and he started as a cook, we went out bowling, went back to his house and watched Reservoir Dogs and we have been together ever since :)
  • jenndeirdre
    jenndeirdre Posts: 23 Member
    We met in a course that helps people figure out what careers they might like. We didn't get together for a year after that though cause I was with my sons father still. Got nothing from the course except each other lol.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    I met him online, playing Everquest. It was when LDoN first came out and we grouped together for some dungeons. I thought he was a female for the first 6 months that we played together. I never asked, he played a female toon. He lived in Manhattan, I lived in Podunk Arkansas. We finally discovered that we were opposite sex and started talking 70+ hours a month on our cells. We spent even more time than that on Teamspeak and Ventrilo! I flew up to meet him in July of 2004. We spent the next 5 months flying back and forth until I finally flew (one way) to NYC in December of 2004. We were married 12/28/2004 and have been happily gaming ever since! :bigsmile:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    through a mutual friend
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    My mother in law got us together. She and I were in a divorce care class together, became friends and she introduced us (through much protesting from me bc I was determined to be single) we eventually started talking and to this day, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else :) We've been married 10 years now.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    I met mine at my ex's place during a beer drinking night.He was an old friend of my ex's.He was so drunk that he didn't really remember me and I kinda forgot his name too.We ran into each other at the local bar and from there started talking.We have been together 3 years now and have 2 kids together.Oh, me and my ex were not together when we first met.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    We met at a Moody Blues concert in Florida. We didn't know it then, but we were both from Alabama and both of us lived in Mobile. I was recently widowed and he was just out of a very bad relationship, so neither of us were looking for a relationship. I was trying to take a picture of the band.

Everyone was standing up, so I couldn't see anything but backs and butts (I'm 5' tall). So in order to get a good picture, I stood on the seat to make myself taller. When I climbed up onto the seat, he was still looking down at me (he's 6'4"). I held binoculars in front of the camera lens, in a sense giving the camera a set of eyeglasses. I must have been a little wobbly, because he held my elbow to steady me, then offered to take a few pictures for me. We've been married 23.5 years now. The picture that I took while standing on the chair is hanging in our entry. It turned out great!

And at least once a week, he still sings a song to me that I despise--Short People by Randy Newman.
  • She got a job at the restaurant I was working at and I was assigned to be her trainer :wink:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Won him in a drinking bet, out drank his *kitten* :/ He is still around 20+ years later, best bet I ever made...
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Match .com over 10 years ago . Married 10 years now.
    He was my 2nd date
    and I was like his 40th , I know right ,he must have been looking for me:flowerforyou:
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Hate to admit this and I will never tell our children if we have any, but I met mine at a strip club
  • Hate to admit this and I will never tell our children if we have any, but I met mine at a strip club

Now THIS story I gotta hear!

I met mine on an mfp forum. She rated my profile pic highly, and we lived happily ever after.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Haven't yet... #foreveralone
  • TaureanWoman
    TaureanWoman Posts: 26 Member
    I love this thread! I don't have a significant other (yet) but I am enjoying reading about your stories. Thanks for sharing...and it gives me hope that my SO and I can find each other anywhere and anytime :-)